IGNORED

IF we were to make the playoff final

Unan

IF we were to make the playoff final  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, BessexRED said:

If it happens we'll (realistically) be playing one of Leeds, Blades, West Brom, Villa, Preston, Wednesday, Boro or Forest all of whom would sell their 39k so it'd be 39k tops for us which would be gone within an hour of general sale much like Hull was.

What’s general sale? ?

4 hours ago, BessexRED said:

If it happens we'll (realistically) be playing one of Leeds, Blades, West Brom, Villa, Preston, Wednesday, Boro or Forest all of whom would sell their 39k so it'd be 39k tops for us which would be gone within an hour of general sale much like Hull was.

Blades probably not, Preston definitely not

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Cough, COUGH, 'sorry boss, I won't make it in today', COUGH, splutter, sniff. Or tomorrow if City win as I'll be even worse tomorrow! ?

Living in Swindon and being the only city fan in the entire workforce . Bunch of grasses. NO CHANCE    ?

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blades averaged more at home in league one than we do now - they’d easily take 40k to a play off final....

How come they havent sold out recent trips to Wembley then?

One example, sales update 27k SU, 20k Hudders. Final attendance 52k. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/news/traffic-and-travel/thousands-following-sheffield-united-to-wembley-1-4571697/amp

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

How come they havent sold out recent trips to Wembley then?

One example, sales update 27k SU, 20k Hudders. Final attendance 52k. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/news/traffic-and-travel/thousands-following-sheffield-united-to-wembley-1-4571697/amp

That was a league one play off in 2012 - more recently than your example they took over 35k to Wembley in 2014....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That was a league one play off in 2012 - more recently than your example they took over 35k to Wembley in 2014....

Over 35k doesnt sound like 39k to me... 

There is also a discussion on their forum, many doubt they'd take 40k.

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/40k-to-wembley.70421/

34 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Over 35k doesnt sound like 39k to me... 

There is also a discussion on their forum, many doubt they'd take 40k.

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/40k-to-wembley.70421/

Fair enough - you don’t think The Blades would sell out their allocation for a championship play off final at Wembley - I think they would.

Happy to leave it there - enjoy your weekend mate ...

6 hours ago, JBFC II said:

The play off final between them and Swindon in 2015 had an attendance of 48000, means they'd have taken under 20k probably. 

Can't see them nearly doubling that for the championship final

A school teacher friend of mine, who works at a school in, wait for it, East Sussex, was given free tickets to take the whole class by Swindon for that match . He has no contacts at Swindon, so if they were giving free tickets away to schools over 100 miles from their town, how many tickets did Swindon actually sell.

6 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

A school teacher friend of mine, who works at a school in, wait for it, East Sussex, was given free tickets to take the whole class by Swindon for that match . He has no contacts at Swindon, so if they were giving free tickets away to schools over 100 miles from their town, how many tickets did Swindon actually sell.

They sold around 20000 apparently. Meaning there would have been 25k maximum preston fans there

7 hours ago, JBFC II said:

The play off final between them and Swindon in 2015 had an attendance of 48000, means they'd have taken under 20k probably. 

11 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

They sold around 20000 apparently. Meaning there would have been 25k maximum preston fans there

You (relatively) quickly went from pronouncing that PNE took under 20k to saying they took 25k - so you don’t really know...

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You (relatively) quickly went from pronouncing that PNE took under 20k to saying they took 25k - so you don’t really know...

I don't think anybody outside of the club knows the official figures of what clubs took to Wembley. 

It still doesn't make it look like Preston would take 40k if they made the play off final, which is the OP that I was referring to... 

3 hours ago, SODS_LAW said:

40k unless Bristol bears are playing the same day then I say 20k.

Bitch! Once I'm missing the City for a day out. ;)

Guilty as charged and by God I will feel bad tomorrow. That might be missing the football but more likely the amount of Thatchers I may consume.

13 hours ago, Unan said:

I definitely do not think we will make it (there’s a small small possibility) but if we did, how many could we take to Wembley (excluding the fact we will only get about 40k)?

Pointless, we’d sell out whatever we are given?

7 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Given that we can only realistically finish 5th or 6th, the only teams we could potentially meet in the final would be Norwich, Sheff Utd, Leeds or West Brom. You'd expect all to sell their allocation.

Not true. For example, if we finish 5th, there's a 50% chance of meeting the team that finished 6th if we get to the final.

Simple answer this one will be between 35-40 k depending on how many seats the sponsor take, who ever we play if we make it will take there full allocation as well so will not be like in the past when we have been able to get some unsold tickets from the other side,

Archived