IGNORED

New signing (one for the future?)

JamesBCFC

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Louis Britton given a one year deal, signs from Mangotsfield.

He scored a hattrick in a youth game for City recently is what I assume was part of his trial.

Think he’s Geoff Britton’s son....well known local footballer.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think he’s Geoff Britton’s son....well known local footballer.

I don't know much about him. Assume him to be a striker based on how he did in the trial and the fact his name has cropped up a lot on Mangotsfield's Twitter and usually around them scoring. 

Found this, looks like you were right @Davefevs

http://nonleague.today/news/details.php?news_id=5142

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I don't know much about him. Assume him to be a striker based on how he did in the trial and the fact his name has cropped up a lot on Mangotsfield's Twitter and usually around them scoring. 

Found this, looks like you were right @Davefevs

http://nonleague.today/news/details.php?news_id=5142

Ta, thought so.  Played with and against Geoff.  Tough Centre Forward.

Louis scored 5 goals in a 5-0 win for the Mangos recently, and 5 on his trial (a brace vs Blades to go with his Watford hat trick)

Seen them play twice this season (both against Manor Farm) but don't think he featured in either game. A certain Clayton Fortune did though!

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Louis Britton given a one year deal, signs from Mangotsfield.

He scored a hattrick in a youth game for City recently is what I assume was part of his trial.

I think @Miah Dennehy highlighted this chaps’ hatrick prowess earlier this week? He sounds promising - although I’m a little bit fed up of the regular ‘still developing, one for the future...’ spoutings...blah blah blah - didn’t we say that about McCoulsky before getting rid and selling him to FGR?

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think @Miah Dennehy highlighted this chaps’ hatrick prowess earlier this week? He sounds promising - although I’m a little bit fed up of the regular ‘still developing, one for the future...’ spoutings...blah blah blah - didn’t we say that about McCoulsky before getting rid and selling him to FGR?

Yes I did. Me and several mates at Rovers have been banging on about how we should be taking a look at players like Louis, who has been scoring for fun since he has been in mens football at Cadbury Heath, Bris and Mangotsfield. Picking up local players is something Rovers used to be so good at, quite how we never picked up Louis is beyond me. His dad was a decent player and could well have made it as a pro himself if his big nose hadn't kept being caught off side :)

Bit off topic but while on this lads twitter I saw something about a player called brandon barnes playing in the Aussie lower league but scoring for fun and calls for A-league teams to give him a trial. Anyway an article says he played for our academy and a couple of local teams. Anyone remember him from the local scene? 

Archived