IGNORED

Bristol City v Wigan Athletic Match Day 39

Septic Peg

Well, would sum us up if we won two away games in a row against teams battling for promotion, and then dropped points two home games in a row against teams battling the drop.

We are due a comfortable’ish 2-0 home win, looking the better team. We don’t do those, so a slow start, go a goal down, then batter them in the second half, during which we score 0,1or 2 goals. No game is easy etc etc etc, so would take a one goal win off Fammys arse in the last minute. Hopefully less stressful, let’s see what team we can field.

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

In other news that went under the radar...

Harry Maguire, Leicester star and meme celeb, became a daddy this week with the lady pictured within that meme.

Here it is in case you had forgotten:

Image:This image of Maguire and his fiance went viral after England's win over Colombia

It just so happens, that baby Lillie was born exactly 9 months to the day, when England beat Columbia on pens. Coincidentally the same night this image was taken...

I'm guessing Southgate has no issue with his players enjoying a good game of hide the sausage. Warm down exercises are important you know...

Presume he gave the after match ice bath a miss that night!

44 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I don't know why Wigan are struggling so much with some of the quality players they have - a couple missing today though.

We'll be a couple of players light as well after the last two games to even that out.

Looks like a home banker on paper but so did Ipswich...

I'll predict a very close game with Wigan scoring then defending in numbers and City grinding out a 2-1 win.

City is never a home banker.

Afternoon all!   Got the egg chasers Bath v Bristol on RB atm, hope it changes to the City game on KO.  Must be a win for us today if we want to seriously challenge for a play off place, but we all know that home games are nearly always nervous.  Let's hope this changes and at 17.00 there is a good win.  So COYR's don't let us down!

I hope we shouldn't need it but the lack of a CM who isn't attack minded with Pato starting/Palmer on the bench seems potentially worrying should Pack have to go off, I imagine Brownhill would drop in or Webster forward and Baker on but seems Morrell could have been the option with Baker covered by Kelly on the bench.

1 minute ago, daored said:

I would suspect so, but maybe 3-4-1-2 with Paterson playing behind Didehiou & Taylor as suspect Wigan will be compact and difficult to break down 

To be fair I don’t think formations are as much of a thing any more. All depends on where we are on the pitch, how the game is going etc. Fluid play. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Praying Taylor plays well so LJ can trust him again alongside Fam in this system. His best performance and one of Fam's best performances was when they played together vs Stoke last season. Also they looked good together second half vs Wolves with Pato in behind. Similar side as that 2nd half vs Wolves that was so impressive apart from Hunt and O'Leary.

Amen to that.

Archived