IGNORED

Have you sat next to a spy..?

DOZZYBCFC

At the game today was a curious chap. He came along with a note book, writing notes throughout the game. I said that he was quite the note taker and his reply that as he was from London he only went to the City London and South East games. Although he said he didn't make the Norwich game as he was away....

He asked me about what I thought of Bobby Reid, Joe Bryan and Aden Flint's departures and also mentioned the gas....

He asked me who I thought was our player of the season. When I asked him who his player was he said Korey Smith.  Now if the extensive note taking wasn't enough to think something was amiss, that answer certainly gave me something to think about!

Has anyone else had any experiences of spies at the gate?

On a side note, I'm gutted we didn't win today!

It sounds more like a time traveller from about 2169. Probably a student tasked with writing an essay on what it was like to support Bristol City 150 years ago just before they became a dominant force in world football and were actually selling their stars before being in the luxurious position of buying everyone else's stars. The dead giveaway was the Korey Smith City's best player this season mention. A typical sloppy bit of research by a student getting 150 years ago mixed up with 151 years ago.

The mention of gas was also a giveaway. That's what fuels their time travelling vehicles.

42 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

At the game today was a curious chap. He came along with a note book, writing notes throughout the game. I said that he was quite the note taker and his reply that as he was from London he only went to the City London and South East games. Although he said he didn't make the Norwich game as he was away....

He asked me about what I thought of Bobby Reid, Joe Bryan and Aden Flint's departures and also mentioned the gas....

He asked me who I thought was our player of the season. When I asked him who his player was he said Korey Smith.  Now if the extensive note taking wasn't enough to think something was amiss, that answer certainly gave me something to think about!

Has anyone else had any experiences of spies at the gate?

On a side note, I'm gutted we didn't win today!

Curious chap?..

Note book?..

Looks like pinnochio?..

Mark Ashton.

13 hours ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

He asked me who I thought was our player of the season.

You've missed a massive opportunity to tell him Marinovic and Marley Watkins are the two best players in the Championship and worth £10m each. 

There are always lots of scouts at games, I had to go through one of the VIP entrances once and saw envelopes with various Championship and Premiership team names on them, when I asked what they were for I was told it was tickets waiting to be collected by Scouts, there must have been more than 20 envelopes. It’s a usual occurrence.

Archived