IGNORED

Wigan Player racially abused

TonyTonyTony

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

It wasn’t a City fan. 

A Man United fan. Using a picture of Marcus Rashford as his picture. 

What a bellend. 

Why would a Man Utd fan randomly tweet a Wigan player for their equaliser.

not saying your wrong but seems an odd thing to do to a player at a club that have no influence on united...not that it would be an acceptable thing to say at any time!!

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Why would a Man Utd fan randomly tweet a Wigan player for their equaliser.

not saying your wrong but seems an odd thing to do to a player at a club that have no influence on united...not that it would be an acceptable thing to say at any time!!

Social media tells me that he lost an acca due to their late equaliser. 

Just now, Pezo said:

Complete scum, no place for this. 

IMO racist behaviour was almost completely non existant at football in this country 2 years ago, it has to be asked why it is seemingly on the rise.

Brexit. Racist episodes have blown up since then

8 minutes ago, Pezo said:

IMO racist behaviour was almost completely non existant at football in this country 2 years ago, it has to be asked why it is seemingly on the rise.

I don't think this is true, unfortunately.  It's certainly a hot topic in terms of media coverage at the moment, so obviously that's bringing more awareness to any cases of it and often people follow trends no matter how wrong they are.

At the end of the day there's always gonna be idiots and racial slurs are an easy go to when it comes to insults.  The bigger question needs to be why this moron feels it's acceptable to speak to another person in that manner, I guess that's a societal issue.

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Total nonsense I’m afraid mate,watching city through decades I can tell you racism has always been there and still is and brexit has nowt to do with it,social media is the problem which gives these morons a platform 

Certainly agree re social media. There was a time the brain dead were ignored.

There will always be a small amount of people who shout racist and other things.,like the three Southampton fans that thought it was big and clever to do the wobbly plane action to Cardiff fans after Sala was killed...

You'll never get rid of them all... 

14 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

Danny rose saying he cant wait to see the back of football..... if that's the case why doesn't he just retire. That's what David Bentley did when he couldn't stand it anymore

He said he can’t wait to see the back of football because of the racism,don’t confuse that with he doesn’t like playing football so why should he retire 

16 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

Danny rose saying he cant wait to see the back of football..... if that's the case why doesn't he just retire. That's what David Bentley did when he couldn't stand it anymore

I’d work a job I hate for £150,000 a week and still look forward to retiring.

38 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Complete scum, no place for this. 

37 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Brexit. Racist episodes have blown up since then

Lads. You're both desperately wrong. Just as one simple example - remember the Chelsea fans on the Paris metro? February 2015 that happened.

Seriously. Don't trivialise this kind of thing by pretending it's a recent thing or the fault of Brexit.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Lads. You're both desperately wrong. Just as one simple example - remember the Chelsea fans on the Paris metro? February 2015 that happened.

Seriously. Don't trivialise this kind of thing by pretending it's a recent thing or the fault of Brexit.

It's not a recent thing or the fault of Brexit...you're absolutely right. I do feel that people of a certain mentality have felt emboldened since the Brexit vote though.... as if Brexit legitimised their views. I have never quite got over the sight of a 6 foot plus skin screaming at an elderly woman from the Indian sub continent that she "ought to **** off home, cos that was what Brexit was all about". 

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He said he can’t wait to see the back of football because of the racism,don’t confuse that with he doesn’t like playing football so why should he retire 

If I was a millionaire and I didn't like aspects of my job and could afford to retire, then I would do with immediate effect. Like Bentley did.

All that name calling would be water off a ducks back to me. 

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

It's not a recent thing or the fault of Brexit...you're absolutely right. I do feel that people of a certain mentality have felt emboldened since the Brexit vote though.... as if Brexit legitimised their views

Most definitely truth in that, but I feel that brexit has given them a voice/excuse to verbalise their there vile  & an opportunity to recruit, that includes the Tory right

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I agree with the point you are making its just that that seemed like an isolated incident then whereas now it seems more pervasive. 

To be fair havent the United Nations and Police stats confirmed that racism and xenophobia has increased since the referendum? A sort of validation complex or summat?

There have always been idiots at football though, which is why my black mates dont come and watch City with me ?

Archived