IGNORED

Wigan Player racially abused

TonyTonyTony

3 minutes ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

I have been watching City since 1958 and I know i’m nocking on a bit but I cannot remember the last time I heard any rascist comments at the City ground.I never ever give it a thought.

What I remember most from the late 60’s early 70’s, were bananas being thrown, especially at someone black taking a corner.

6 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

What about when any Welsh teams or players play at Ashton gate and they are abused is that not the same thing.

It is for me but I'm probably in the minority 

Sorry mate, I think you need to get some education on what ‘racism’ actually is. 

Are you able to identify a Welshman by sight only and discriminate against him purely on this initial impression? Have you ever heard of slavery and servitude? 

Calling someone a sheep shagger because they come from Wales does not necessarily mean that you truly, actually believe that he has sex with animals. But yes, it can be done to be deliberately offensive to someone. However, it’s not even in the same ball park as calling someone a n_____, which means you are labelling that person and their whole ancestry as a person you can dehumanise and treat like an animal, based solely, and that is solely, on the colour of their skin. 

I think you need to give some thought to the true understanding of what it’s like to be racially abused. 

2 hours ago, When the river runs said:

Danny rose saying he cant wait to see the back of football..... if that's the case why doesn't he just retire. That's what David Bentley did when he couldn't stand it anymore

You really have missed the whole point of Rose's remarks, haven't you.

We must all do whatever we can to stamp racism out of our game, and comments like yours are deeply worrying

Just now, Dolman Original said:

Just watched BBC News. The way this incident was reported made it sound it was a City fan involved. Very poor 

if what’s being said that this was betting thing is true. 

I may have started that rumour as I suggested it early on. I looked in depth at the twitter profile before it was deleted the guy is a Man U fan from Sheffield. He did a lot of accumulators and bets and so I made an assumption. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

I can’t remember that but was there any rascist chanting.I don’t think so.

Well with your user name I 'm stunned you never heard any racist chanting.

Did you stand on the East End late 60s early 70s? There was plenty of chants back then regarding Packistanies, and could be heard at a lot of grounds in the country.

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Brexit. Racist episodes have blown up since then

Tony shame on you that's a low blow mate, and never thought I would have to say this of a fellow City fan but that is absolute b****x, Racism is nothing to do with Brexit and all about self determination what ever the colour of your skin, well for me it is and I'm sure that applies to 99% of people that want Brexit or at least I hope it is, sorry rant over.

2 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

A Bristol City fan called Ray has just phoned Radio 5 apologising on behalf of all City fans.

The fact the guy who posted the abuse is a northerner, who lost his accumulator bet when Wigan equalised! 

Was it clarified afterwards that it wasn’t a City fan on Twitter?

40 minutes ago, pillred said:

Tony shame on you that's a low blow mate, and never thought I would have to say this of a fellow City fan but that is absolute b****x, Racism is nothing to do with Brexit and all about self determination what ever the colour of your skin, well for me it is and I'm sure that applies to 99% of people that want Brexit or at least I hope it is, sorry rant over.

Whatever. The evidence is out there if you open your ******* eyes

good evening 

6 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Whatever. The evidence is out there if you open your ******* eyes

good evening 

OH! dear not doing yourself any favours, it is people like yourself that convince me that it is people such as yourself who are the how shall I put this BLIND, if you truly believe that people that wish to be free to make their own decisions as a country are racist then there is not much more I can say to you, as you probably would not understand the intellectual pros and cons,  and a good evening to you. as well.

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

OH! dear not doing yourself any favours, it is people like yourself that convince me that it is people such as yourself who are the how shall I put this BLIND, if you truly believe that people that wish to be free to make their own decisions as a country are racist then there is not much more I can say to you, as you probably would not understand the intellectual pros and cons,  and a good evening to you. as well.

Hehe. Someone’s been on the Natch

FFS

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

Hehe. Someone’s been on the Natch

FFS

Not much more I can say you obviously have views about life and the way I think which are very different to yours personally, think you are misguided probably due to lack of experience of life in general, don't blame my opinion's on alcohol,  I was brought up and lived a lot of my life with Asian and west Indian boys from a early age in  the care of the social services, sharing a bedroom and all aspects of my life , very few people that are Brexit are racist. there is so much more to it than just that.

Racism has no place in football or society today . I get sick and tired of "black" or "white" being used out of context as a description and that goes both ways.

The only difference I see between a Gus Ceasar and Steven Caulker is that Steven Caulker was a far better player. Much in the same way the only difference between a Julian Watts and Aden Flint is that Flint was a better player. The pigment of that player's skin tone doesn't register and why should it.

Unfortunately there are still a few uneducated people out there but just like smoking it is becoming socially unacceptable. 

It would seem that a lot of the problems stem from Eastern Europe where there is less of a multi racial society. 

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Was it clarified afterwards that it wasn’t a City fan on Twitter?

Correct, although actually before, so it was already in the public domain when this guy phoned in.

The problem then was that anyone listening would have then assumed it was a Bristol City fan that had sent the text!

8 minutes ago, bpexile said:

Spot on, there are no words for such a lowlife.

To add to my previous post I'd like to convey a story that happened to me in my teensl.

I'm white & now in my early 70's, when I was an apprentice I was often treated like dirt by a couple of white tradies, my complaints to authorities went unheard. A couple of West Indian guys that were labourers always stood up for me, then work got tight & the first put off were the West Indian guys who had young families, the scum tradies kept their jobs so in my discust I told my employer where he stick his job if he treated good people like that.

That incident has stuck with me all these years, I would do the same thing again & to still see racial abuse makes my blood boil, we haven't come far in 55+ yrs have we ?

8 hours ago, Rinkadink said:

Brexit has caused a surge in hate crime/racist attacks, this is fact;

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2018/oct/16/hate-crime-brexit-terrorist-attacks-england-wales

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/brexit-hate-crime-eu-citizens-xenophobia-racism-police-bracing-march-2019-article-50-a8590921.html?amp

https://www.thedetail.tv/articles/race-hate-crime

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/brexit-police-braced-spike-hate-15666245.amp

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.lse.ac.uk/economics/Assets/Documents/job-market-candidates-2018-2019/JobMarketPaper-ClaudioSchilter.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi7hKeMp7zhAhVGQxUIHdQbB0oQFjAFegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3NYQieQDZSMlcFUDg0rSs3

These are just some of the first hits from Google. There are thousands more. Whatever way you voted this has to be acknowledged (even if it was to distance yourself from it and help stamp it out) and is not even really up for debate. 

Wouldn't normally post on something like this but to deny it is like saying the moon is made of spanners and milkshake. 

I was going to post something similar but this is far more comprehensive than I would have bothered doing: thanks! 

It's not just Brexit; generally the language of discourse in this country has become more offensive- largely because you can do it anonymously from your smart phone in the pub

If we have anyone in charge of PR and not just badly drawn badges, they should be on the phone to the BBC non stop this morning until they amend and add the relevant explanation to their story. Brentford have a statement about their issue. For us the implication is it will have been a City fan. Humiliating to carry the can for racism when it is some plastic armchair Man Utd fan.

Incidentally the answer to the debate is yes racism has existed at AG, being mixed race I can tell you the "I'd rather be a..." chant which had its last outing less than 10 years ago and  not just a one off either, was offensive. It is the only time I've questioned my allegiance. Thankfully City is a club with a diverse support and enough brains to outnumber those who join in with such shite.

Still, the BBC can **** off if we are going to get implicated for racism because of some glory hunting tosser who lost a bet.

10 hours ago, Rinkadink said:

Brexit has caused a surge in hate crime/racist attacks, this is fact;

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2018/oct/16/hate-crime-brexit-terrorist-attacks-england-wales

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/brexit-hate-crime-eu-citizens-xenophobia-racism-police-bracing-march-2019-article-50-a8590921.html?amp

https://www.thedetail.tv/articles/race-hate-crime

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/brexit-police-braced-spike-hate-15666245.amp

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.lse.ac.uk/economics/Assets/Documents/job-market-candidates-2018-2019/JobMarketPaper-ClaudioSchilter.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi7hKeMp7zhAhVGQxUIHdQbB0oQFjAFegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3NYQieQDZSMlcFUDg0rSs3

These are just some of the first hits from Google. There are thousands more. Whatever way you voted this has to be acknowledged (even if it was to distance yourself from it and help stamp it out) and is not even really up for debate. 

Wouldn't normally post on something like this but to deny it is like saying the moon is made of spanners and milkshake. 

The vast majority of Leavers are not racist, but the vast majority of racists are Leavers.

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Sorry mate, I think you need to get some education on what ‘racism’ actually is. 

Are you able to identify a Welshman by sight only and discriminate against him purely on this initial impression? Have you ever heard of slavery and servitude? 

Calling someone a sheep shagger because they come from Wales does not necessarily mean that you truly, actually believe that he has sex with animals. But yes, it can be done to be deliberately offensive to someone. However, it’s not even in the same ball park as calling someone a n_____, which means you are labelling that person and their whole ancestry as a person you can dehumanise and treat like an animal, based solely, and that is solely, on the colour of their skin. 

I think you need to give some thought to the true understanding of what it’s like to be racially abused. 

I dont need educating and I've been racially abused in this country on more than one occasion and I'm talking skin colour now  Although apparently that's not possible because I'm the majority.

Racism isn't a one way street

But I'm ok as I just think the person abusing me was an idiot, so like I said water off a ducks back.

I've heard of slavery and it was abhorrent however I wasnt alive and it's got nothing to do with me. Maybe my ancestors weren't treated well but I'm not gonna sit here getting fired up over something that doesn't affect me today. 

Away from the fun Brexit stuff, racism and ignorance has never really left society and football as the biggest sport will always have trouble with it as long as society does.

And it’s not just the fans, morons like Gordon Strachan in the clip below show ignorance (I don’t think he’s deliberately being racist) is still alive. 

Archived