IGNORED

Reece James

class not gas

Really like the look of this kid, normally a right back, but can play in a few positions. With our links with Chelsea, think he would be a really good aquisition for us. Not sure if Chelsea would be willing to sale, but with the amount of players they have out on loan and the loan rules set to change next season, might be a possibility. Hes only 19, so must fit the criteria. 

Think he has been impressive enough for them to not be for sale yet. Think he has turned 19 during the season too so think Chelsea will want to take a longer look at him. Different from Palmer and Dasilva who are now 21-22 and not really close to the first team

Overall in both games he’s been one of the best, if not the best on either side.  Didn’t realise he was only 19.

Talent.

Thought their LB/LWB was tidy too....if we don’t get Dasilva.  Antonee Robinson - loanee from Everton.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Overall in both games he’s been one of the best, if not the best on either side.  Didn’t realise he was only 19.

Talent.

Thought their LB/LWB was tidy too....if we don’t get Dasilva.  Antonee Robinson - loanee from Everton.

USA international. Starting to think you are American Dave. First you wanted Danny Williams  and now Robinson. 

I do like the look of Robinson. Tall and athletic. Did not overly impress me today but you can see why he is at Everton. 

18 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

USA international. Starting to think you are American Dave. First you wanted Danny Williams  and now Robinson. 

I do like the look of Robinson. Tall and athletic. Did not overly impress me today but you can see why he is at Everton. 

Always thought Garbutt would be the Baines replacement.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Reece James should be first team for Chelsea next season in my opinion. Azpilicueta had an average season and this kid is their future along with many others 

A great youth system isn't it. This embargo might actually be a blessing in disguise for chelsea if they give some of these starlets a chance.

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Always thought Garbutt would be the Baines replacement.

At Oxford now I think? Had all the technique in the world. Not sure why he hasn’t made it at a higher level as I have not followed him much in recent years. 

12 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

A great youth system isn't it. This embargo might actually be a blessing in disguise for chelsea if they give some of these starlets a chance.

Yes and no.

Last season, they made a profit of £60-70m but profit on transfers was £112m from memory.

They actually require that model to meet FFP. They have a bit of a cushion but if the transfer ban upheld, combined with the upcoming FIFA rule changes on players over 21, it could be a tricky few years for Chelsea.

He was quality against us earlier in the season. Even though we won 4-0, he was still the best players on the pitch from right back for Wigan. The media chatter is that he'll be involved at Chelsea next season, with a transfer ban on its way and Azpilicueta losing some of his pace.

Archived