IGNORED

Keith Stroud

Lez

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

He had a shocker at the end of the 1st half though when Pato was fouled on the edge of their box by Morsy they both fall over then gives a free kick to them!

I thought Pato ran into him from my angle, trying to get his body between ball and Morsy.  Probably a “play on” rather than a foul.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He was average.  The lino on the LS side 1st half was atrocious...for both sides...missed so much and got so much so wrong.  Sometimes the ref is blindsided.

At one point in the second half it looked as though he was about to book fox, who was already on a booking and moved for his pocket then pulled away. Not sure if anyone else saw it but from where i was in south stand it looked as though he forgot he booked him and didn't want to go for the red.

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

At one point in the second half it looked as though he was about to book fox, who was already on a booking and moved for his pocket then pulled away. Not sure if anyone else saw it but from where i was in south stand it looked as though he forgot he booked him and didn't want to go for the red.

Yeah, was when he tried to waste time....think it was a “last warning sonny”.  In fairness to KS most refs turn their back on the keeper / defenders returning the ball to play, but he stats watching, hence they didn’t waste much today.

4 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

He had a shocker at the end of the 1st half though when Pato was fouled on the edge of their box by Morsy they both fall over then gives a free kick to them!

Pato fouled Morsy seemed obvious where I was. Paterson ran into a wall and took heavy touch so only himself to blame 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, was when he tried to waste time....think it was a “last warning sonny”.  In fairness to KS most refs turn their back on the keeper / defenders returning the ball to play, but he stats watching, hence they didn’t waste much today.

Yeah noticed that. Agree with what you said though, delayed communication between that lino and ref. Something else that always rattles me is players like Garner. Right from the off he was kicking out pushing and shoving and rarely got a talking to.

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah noticed that. Agree with what you said though, delayed communication between that lino and ref. Something else that always rattles me is players like Garner. Right from the off he was kicking out pushing and shoving and rarely got a talking to.

Every aerial challenge he leads with his arms...not always elbows.

Surely refs must realise this.

Can't really be blamed for anything today. Did alright and just goes to show that you can't prejudge. I think 5 minutes added were probably just about justified too. We did waste a fair bit of time. In fairness, referees whoever they are have a really hard job and are always in a lose lose situation so to speak. No problem with the ref today for me

36 minutes ago, Lez said:

Pato fouled Morsy seemed obvious where I was. Paterson ran into a wall and took heavy touch so only himself to blame 

I watched today’s game on TV, couldn’t make it to AG and 100% Pato was cleaned out.

Still noticed him so can’t say it was a good performance. Had a few moments where I thought what has he seen there but have seen him worse. He slows the game down so much though with that whistle. Will often whistle for a throw in or free kick to be taken closer to the spot it should be but then continue on after the player moves only a few feet. Having conversations about fouls and before corners. He doesn’t let the game flow imo

43 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I watched today’s game on TV, couldn’t make it to AG and 100% Pato was cleaned out.

You fell for the tv trick. Completely over run it and took their player out. Pretty clear.

Had a good game. How any fan on here slating him can do that and not slate the team on here too is a hypocrite. 

Football fans all over need to realise just how high quality the officials are in England. World cup finals for starters Secondly the fact the english fa officials go round the world training other officials says it all. People if they knew anything about officiating would know and see what a good job 99% of referees here do. Cringe worthy when you see 500 fans in the south stand go made at an offside se decision by the Atyeo end. 

Very lucky to have them

I can`t say I really noticed him which for Mr Stroud is praise indeed. I was waiting for him to have his `look at me` moment though and give Wigan a penalty in the last minute but they saw to it themselves he didn`t need to.

Having said that, I`m sure he would have found an opportunity to send Webster off if we hadn`t subbed him.

10 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Had a good game. How any fan on here slating him can do that and not slate the team on here too is a hypocrite. 

Football fans all over need to realise just how high quality the officials are in England. World cup finals for starters Secondly the fact the english fa officials go round the world training other officials says it all. People if they knew anything about officiating would know and see what a good job 99% of referees here do. Cringe worthy when you see 500 fans in the south stand go made at an offside se decision by the Atyeo end. 

Very lucky to have them

Quite a few sweeping statements here.

I have officiated - remember being 4th official when Osman was here and Molby at Swansea. Both assholes.....

And I do try and watch with some independence and sympathy for them. But Keith Stroud isn’t the best. He proved that yesterday. 

But you’re right. His errors didn’t result in Wigan’s goals or the shot that hit the foot of the post in front of us in the first half.

He needs to practice his play on signal though and when he uses it.

Looked too often like he was carrying an invisible laundry basket, used it when no offence had been committed and seemed far too unwilling to pull the play back when no advantage arose.

He’s still poor in my opinion....

I was fearing the worst with him officiating yesterday, but he was decent enough. Webster was slightly fortunate I thought with that blatant hand-ball after he was already on a yellow card. Similarly, the Wigan player (number 6?) came close to a red card as well. 

Archived