IGNORED

Looking for players Bristol

Yeah, how high a standard we talking?

I used to play on the downs but really struggled getting into games due to the style of football - defence lumping balls forward and totally bypassing the centre midfield areas which is where i used to play. I played at a pretty good standard when i was late teens - I'm 29 now!

I'm pretty versatile but haven't played in a few years due to a pretty bad ankle break and never really got back into it so pretty out of touch and unfit!

12 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Looking at title I was going to say that I've got a couple of old packets of Strand and Kensitas if that's any use !  :cool:

You’re never alone with a Strand 

23 hours ago, bubbles987@live.co.u said:

Hello all, West town athletic are looking for new players in the upcoming season! We are a downs league team moving into the suburban league to try and play a higher standard of football! If anyone is interested contact me for more information! Was told it be ok to post here if not I’m sorry

Good luck in the suburban league ,lovely club (paddy's) a top bloke too.

On 07/04/2019 at 23:37, slartibartfast said:

Looking at title I was going to say that I've got a couple of old packets of Strand and Kensitas if that's any use !  :cool:

My mother used to smoke Guards.

Are they still around?

As an aside, I still have a pack of Bristol playing cards.

Brings back memories Guards, Kensitas and No 6 anyone? In RAF when I was posted to Barhain we could buy cheap duty free fags, but they were gert big things full  of salt peter...we used to exchange them for the prized No6 from the 'moonies' as soon as they touched down in airport arrivals. 

I like to be able to put my name down as an old fashioned Centre Forward, but I am afraid age and the fags have taken their toll:farmer:

players no 6.jpg

Im20100804Dov-Guards.jpg

Kensitas_cigarettes_pack.JPG

Archived