IGNORED

Aston Villa away

BessexRED

Home ends have sold out completely now for this one, as of course has the away end so it’ll be close to 42,000 in for this one. The biggest of the season in this division potentially.

For those that got tickets, where’re you heading pre match? We get into Brum for about 10am so gonna have a mooch around there before getting into Witton at about 2pm, Witton Arms is decent enough for atmosphere pre-match but the beer/cider choices are dreadful.

10 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Home ends have sold out completely now for this one, as of course has the away end so it’ll be close to 42,000 in for this one. The biggest of the season in this division potentially.

For those that got tickets, where’re you heading pre match? We get into Brum for about 10am so gonna have a mooch around there before getting into Witton at about 2pm, Witton Arms is decent enough for atmosphere pre-match but the beer/cider choices are dreadful.

Yes, yes, but are we going to get tanked??

I personally wouldn't recommend the Witton Arms to my worst enemy.  Anyone in the city centre is far better off staying there and then either getting a taxi in or getting a train.  There are 2 services, one that runs to Witton and one to Aston.  I know there are 2 trains to Aston in quick succession as I often get these myself.  They're around 2.25 & 2.35.  Aston station is a bit further than Witton but you will still get into the ground before kick off.

I think the game will be a lot closer than you all seem to think and it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up a draw.  I would also take the draw even though we are the home side.

With Villa playing Rotherham tomorrow night, it's highly likely City will go to Villa park with Villa having won their last 7 games.

Struggle to see us getting anything but don't think we'll get hammered. We might produce the goods away from home again though you never know. 

Think we'll have to score 2 or 3 to have any chance of winning the game though. Villa score goals, will be surprised if Tammy doesn't score. 

I’m flying up to Hartelepool .

1 hour ago, Cider-Head23 said:

With Villa playing Rotherham tomorrow night, it's highly likely City will go to Villa park with Villa having won their last 7 games.

Struggle to see us getting anything but don't think we'll get hammered. We might produce the goods away from home again though you never know. 

Think we'll have to score 2 or 3 to have any chance of winning the game though. Villa score goals, will be surprised if Tammy doesn't score. 

Tammy won’t score against his homeys, behave .

16 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

I personally wouldn't recommend the Witton Arms to my worst enemy.  Anyone in the city centre is far better off staying there and then either getting a taxi in or getting a train.  There are 2 services, one that runs to Witton and one to Aston.  I know there are 2 trains to Aston in quick succession as I often get these myself.  They're around 2.25 & 2.35.  Aston station is a bit further than Witton but you will still get into the ground before kick off.

I think the game will be a lot closer than you all seem to think and it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up a draw.  I would also take the draw even though we are the home side.

Been in there mate yes your right its a right dump two year ago on a night match it teamed down all night got charged two quid for being an away fan.

7 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Been in there mate yes your right its a right dump two year ago on a night match it teamed down all night got charged two quid for being an away fan.

In fairness, every pub around by the ground charges people to go in on match days.  The pubs are closing down rapidly in that area through lack of trade and there is now only a handful left.  They need every bit of income they can scrape, hence the £2 or £3 entry charge.  Home fans are charged exactly the same amount - Another reason why you're better off in a less crowded pub somewhere, especially if there's 4 or 5 of you and the £2 admission saved can be chucked in for a taxi.

7 hours ago, blockbrowt1 said:

Any recommendations for parking please anyone? 

Assuming you are coming up the M5, M6, turn off at the A38(M) towards Birmingham (junction 6 M6) stay in the left lane and come off about a mile (Aston). Go up the slip road and take the first turning off the island and then immediately left onto Park Road N.  Follow the road around to the left and there are 2 small housing complexes that have guys in hi vis coats asking guiding you in.  It's about £7 to park there but it's secure and as near to the ground as you will get.  If you're early, you can go a few yards further down and there is a school on the left that charges £6.  This fills up quickly though and don't over shoot it as it's difficult to turn around.

It is NORMALLY quite easy to get out after games.  When you get back on the main road up to the motorway (which is now on your right). you are forced to turn left down the dual carrigeway and turn round the island there to go back up.  Will take you 5 mins max from there and you're then on the motorway.

Help!  Looking for options to watch this game (without being at the ground.)

I've never streamed a match before and don't have fast internet connection, or expensive new fangled telephones, so what methods are there, if any, for definitely being able to see this game on the screen?

Like NTTDS said a few weeks back, really wish this game was being shown in Bristol on a beamback. 

9 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

9 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Assuming you are coming up the M5, M6, turn off at the A38(M) towards Birmingham (junction 6 M6) stay in the left lane and come off about a mile (Aston). Go up the slip road and take the first turning off the island and then immediately left onto Park Road N.  Follow the road around to the left and there are 2 small housing complexes that have guys in hi vis coats asking guiding you in.  It's about £7 to park there but it's secure and as near to the ground as you will get.  If you're early, you can go a few yards further down and there is a school on the left that charges £6.  This fills up quickly though and don't over shoot it as it's difficult to turn around.

It is NORMALLY quite easy to get out after games.  When you get back on the main road up to the motorway (which is now on your right). you are forced to turn left down the dual carrigeway and turn round the island there to go back up.  Will take you 5 mins max from there and you're then on the motorway.

Thank You. Will give it a try.

On 09/04/2019 at 09:08, reddogkev said:

Help!  Looking for options to watch this game (without being at the ground.)

I've never streamed a match before and don't have fast internet connection, or expensive new fangled telephones, so what methods are there, if any, for definitely being able to see this game on the screen?

Like NTTDS said a few weeks back, really wish this game was being shown in Bristol on a beamback. 

Opera browser is your friend. Pm me if you want help.

Archived