Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
RedRock

Bus Gate

Going to break a habit of a lifetime and use a pauper wagon to access The Gate on Tuesday. 

Being a total novice at these things.... where’s the  information on the football special which starts in Henbury and passes through Westbury?

Looked at what I thought were the obvious locations but have found naff all.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction to find the timetabłe/pick- up points?  Thanks muchly. 

6 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Going to break a habit of a lifetime and use a pauper wagon to access The Gate on Tuesday. 

Being a total novice at these things.... where’s the  information on the football special which starts in Henbury and passes through Westbury?

Can anyone point me in the correct direction to find the timetabłe/pick- up points?  Thanks muchly. 

This may help mate: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/more-buses-to-transport-fans-to-ashton-gate-in-201819/

49 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Much appreciated. 

Progress! I’ve established it’s the AG6!

Helpfully, Bristol Sport website refers to AG1-4 .... but not the  AG6. Brilliant. 

Christ knows what First Bus are saying on their website! 

Seems it is still running with some chap having won a City Shirt in February when he stepped off the bus at The Gate ........one assumes as a prize for having managed to find the service timetable and actually catching the bus.

Anyone a user of this AG6 Service ? If so,  can you  point me further in the right direction.

Either, as a car user, I have no idea of how public transport information is conveyed or public transport operators/BristolSport are useless at communicating. 

Edited by Moor2Sea

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

Much appreciated. 

Progress! I’ve established it’s the X6!!!!!

Helpfully, Bristol Sport website refers to X1-4 .... but not the X6. Brilliant. 

Christ knows what First Bus are saying on their website! 

Seems it is still running with some chap having won a City Shirt in February when he stepped off the bus at The Gate ........one assumes as a prize for having managed to find the service timetable and actually catching the bus.

Anyone a user of this X6 Service ? If so,  can you  point me further in the right direction.

Either, as a car user, I have no idea of how public transport information is conveyed or public transport operators/BristolSport are useless at communicating. 

No worries! Doesn’t the article say it’s the ‘AG6’ service? Is that the same as the ‘X6’? All the stops around Henbury and Westbury were mentioned in the link I sent you. 

Best of luck with this!

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No worries! Doesn’t the article say it’s the ‘AG6’ service? Is that the same as the ‘X6’? All the stops around Henbury and Westbury were mentioned in the link I sent you. 

Best of luck with this!

Opps. Yes was the AG6!

Got confused with reference to X6 on the First Bus site 😀

If it's a 'AG' service...just make sure you look at the City website for matchday 'getting to the gate' for the WBA game.

Sometimes they don't run. I've been caught out a couple times this season.

No where to park locally on Saturday matchday, and public transport is crap, especially evening games. I'm surprised we get so many attending tbh.

1 hour ago, Moor2Sea said:

Make sure all your shots are upto date !

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

11 hours ago, Fiale said:

Make sure all your shots are upto date !

10 hours ago, CityBS15 said:

Don't forget your hand wipes! 

Coming in from Portishead I have found myself finding it harder and harder to park anywhere near Ashton Gate. After a season of parking at Cumberland Basin for the best part of £4 and hoping there is not so much injury time I will over run the 3 hour limit, I have started using the Portway P&R. It costs £5. It is less hassle in both directions, dropping me off outside the shopping units and picking up outside the Robins, which is definitely worth an extra £1.

It does not make me a "pauper" or one of the unwashed. 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Coming in from Portishead I have found myself finding it harder and harder to park anywhere near Ashton Gate. After a season of parking at Cumberland Basin for the best part of £4 and hoping there is not so much injury time I will over run the 3 hour limit, I have started using the Portway P&R. It costs £5. It is less hassle in both directions, dropping me off outside the shopping units and picking up outside the Robins, which is definitely worth an extra £1.

It does not make me a "pauper" or one of the unwashed. 

It also does not seem to have given you a sense of humour 🚫

• Haha 1