IGNORED

Politically incorrect question?

spudski

...but hey ho...in for a penny and all that.

Question...can you change your seat after buying a season ticket?

Reason I ask...I've not had a season ticket this season, so have paid for a ticket every game. Have sat all over the stadium, it's been fun.

However...next season I'm going to get a season ticket.

My dilemma...on four occasions this season I've sat next to people who are bigger than their seats. Literally spilling onto the seats either side.

Now I'm not small...6' 3'', and 15 stone...wide shoulders. But I fit the seat space.

Yesterday I was sat between a bloke probably taller than me, and spilling onto seats either side and on the other side someone similar.

Spent the whole game sat forward and legs closed...couldn't feel my balls by the end of the game :laugh:

How do you avoid this situation?

Couldn't spend a whole season doing that...just totally uncomfortable.

Mental question I know...but when it's for a whole season....

You mind find the “insulation” a welcome bonus during November - February. Especially evening matches ? 

I can sympathise with when it’s hot & humid though and you can feel their sweat tricking down your leg..! ? 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You mind find the “insulation” a welcome bonus during November - February. Especially evening matches ? 

I can sympathise with when it’s hot & humid though and you can feel their sweat tricking down your leg..! ? 

It was like yesterday in the lower Dolman...body heat and sun :laugh:

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Older people tend to be smaller I find in general. If I can sit between two Oap's I'd probably be ok :laugh:

Fit young ladies also tend to be smaller. I’d go with that, personally..! 

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Few and far between at the Gate imo :laugh:...more political incorrectness. haha

In all seriousness, the solution to your dilemma is to buy a child ticket in the seat next to yours. Any child you know that’s happy to have their name & ID used, then you get a spare seat next to in your chosen location. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

In all seriousness, the solution to your dilemma is to buy a child ticket in the seat next to yours. Any child you know that’s happy to have their name & ID used, then you get a spare seat next to in your chosen location. 

That's a very good idea...something I'd not thought of. Worth doing. Cheers mate.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Or is that only small people manage to reach old age?

Probably because they are angrier and tend to invade first ?

You can move seat once for free (within range price bracket) during the season... From the FAQ:

During the 2019/20 season I decide I would like to move seats, what do I have to do?

You must contact the Supporter Services team to discuss options. Permanent seat transfers made during the season will incur the following fees:

• Reprint fee - this costs £10 per season card and applies to all season cards which need to be reprinted.
  • Seat Move Admin Fee - This costs £10.

Supporters are entitled to one move per season without incurring the above Seat Move Admin Fee. Supporters will also pay the difference between the current seat and the seat they are moving to, if their current seat is more expensive than the seat being moved into then no refund will be offered by the club.

• Admin

Subtle hints, like leaving weight watchers pamphlets on their seat, progressing to humiliation if subtle doesn’t work....

In all seriousness, in this day and age, with the cost of the seats, there should be enough room without having to resort to fictional children, which if everyone did, there would be an awful lot of empty seats on sell outs.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

That's a very good idea...something I'd not thought of. Worth doing. Cheers mate.

Probably because they are angrier and tend to invade first ?

Right...I’m 68 and a little bloke, and it does my bloody crust in the way people keep going on and on about us BEING ANGRY!!!

Just LEAVE IT OUT.

Ooh, is that my coat?

12 hours ago, spudski said:

Reason I ask...I've not had a season ticket this season, so have paid for a ticket every game. Have sat all over the stadium, it's been fun.

My dilemma...on four occasions this season I've sat next to people who are bigger than their seats. Literally spilling onto the seats either side.

Now I'm not small...6' 3'', and 15 stone...wide shoulders. But I fit the seat space.

Yesterday I was sat between a bloke probably taller than me, and spilling onto seats either side and on the other side someone similar.

Spent the whole game sat forward and legs closed...couldn't feel my balls by the end of the game :laugh:

A humorous but difficult question to address.

Reminds me of a time on a flight to the Canaries, sat next to a right lump of lard. 

14 hours ago, spudski said:

I feel your pain. For a couple of seasons I had a bloke sat next to me who we called Satchel Man.

He'd always bring this bloody school-type satchel with him which had his flask, sarnies etc and which encroached into my personal space. He'd never take the satchel off and just lay it on the floor. Oh no, he had it on his shoulder all through the game, nudging me throughout.

Thank F- the sad git has moved now and I have some decent matchday companions.

Archived