IGNORED

Politically incorrect question?

spudski

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I feel your pain. For a couple of seasons I had a bloke sat next to me who we called Satchel Man.

He'd always bring this bloody school-type satchel with him which had his flask, sarnies etc and which encroached into my personal space. He'd never take the satchel off and just lay it on the floor. Oh no, he had it on his shoulder all through the game, nudging me throughout.

Thank F- the sad git has moved now and I have some decent matchday companions.

Did you ask him to move his satchel?  Curious to know what he said, if you did, as a man using a satchel is probably quite civilised and inclined to be polite, you would have thought!

20 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Did you ask him to move his satchel?  Curious to know what he said, if you did, as a man using a satchel is probably quite civilised and inclined to be polite, you would have thought!

Yes. He'd do it, then shift it back onto the shoulder facing me after about 10 minutes or so. I think it was like a comfort blanket type thing for him!  :laughcont:

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yes. He'd do it, then shift it back onto the shoulder facing me after about 10 minutes or so. I think it was like a comfort blanket type thing for him!  :laughcont:

How irritating, I suspect you had to resist the urge to fling that satchel as far as possible, perhaps even onto the pitch!

7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

How irritating, I suspect you had to resist the urge to fling that satchel as far as possible, perhaps even onto the pitch!

I now have a mental image of this bloke`s satchel sailing through the air from the upper Dolman with him still attached to it Superman fashion and landing on top of Lloyd Kelly as he`s about to take a throw in.

23 hours ago, spudski said:

Older people tend to be smaller I find in general. If I can sit between two Oap's I'd probably be ok :laugh:

There’s a big bloke who sits on my left. Ive spoken to him once in attempt to engage in some light conversation but to no avail....I think he did grunt once tho. 

The other guy on my right, Nick is far more engaging and I enjoy sitting next to him. The guys behind care amusing as well - full of profane comments aimed mostly aimed at Pato and/or LJ. Being around real City fans and joining in the banter is all part of the matchday experience for me.

My tip would be is try to find a mate who wants a SC and get one in adjacent seats. If not and you know any other SC holders try and get seat near them.

As you’ve moved around AG you’ll know which stand you prefer - for me it’s the Dolman  

It might be possible to change SC seats if you find yourself squeezed in but then when you move you could end up in the same situation - assuming there’s a vacancy of course.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There’s a big bloke who sits on my left. Ive spoken to him once in attempt to engage in some light conversation but to no avail....I think he did grunt once tho. 

The other guy on my right, Nick is far more engaging and I enjoy sitting next to him. The guys behind care amusing as well - full of profane comments aimed mostly aimed at Pato and/or LJ. Being around real City fans and joining in the banter is all part of the matchday experience for me.

My tip would be is try to find a mate who wants a SC and get one in adjacent seats. If not and you know any other SC holders try and get seat near them.

As you’ve moved around AG you’ll know which stand you prefer - for me it’s the Dolman  

It might be possible to change SC seats if you find yourself squeezed in but then when you move you could end up in the same situation - assuming there’s a vacancy of course.

I usually sit in the Dolman and have a group of mates that sit there. However there are no vacant seats around them at the moment.

I really like the view from the Lower Lansdown so have been thinking that for next season. Not a fan of the upper...there is no atmosphere, and it's like watching a Subbuteo match from up there :laugh:

Thanks for all the comments and thoughts on this thread folks.

59 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'll bet you £1000 that the big bloke sat to your left has read all of the inane bulls**t you post on here and can't face engaging with you in person ?

11 minutes ago, Leaning To One Side said:

I'll bet you £1000 that the big bloke sat to your left has read all of the inane bulls**t you post on here and can't face engaging with you in person ?

Your on...........and you now owe me a grand.

Archived