IGNORED

The Crazy Gang

MC RISK77

Just watched this documentary about Wimbledon’s fa cup win in 1988. If you haven’t seen it well worth a watch and is on YouTube.

Really beggers belief what they got up to, also includes John Scales ex Rovers describing how he was seemingly bullied when he first joined.

7 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Just watched this documentary about Wimbledon’s fa cup win in 1988. If you haven’t seen it well worth a watch and is on YouTube.

Really beggers belief what they got up to, also includes John Scales ex Rovers describing how he was seemingly bullied when he first joined.

They are a really nasty bunch of bully boys. Fashanu and Jones are psychos.

Can’t deny them their success but at what price ? 

15 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

They are a really nasty bunch of bully boys. Fashanu and Jones are psychos.

Can’t deny them their success but at what price ? 

Just watched this. How on earth hasn’t Fashanu been arrested for what has been said in this documentary. Sound like he used violence against other Wimbledon players and some of the junior members of staff whom he didn’t like? 

I can't stand them.

All this love of the underdog basically boils down to backing untalented thugs against genuinely gifted footballers.

Do you like the beautiful game or do you want a bunch of yobs kicking lumps out of some of the best footballers of their generation at Wembley?

Wimbledon were an excrescence upon 1990s football.  I'm glad they have ended up in the lower leagues.

10 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I can't stand them.

All this love of the underdog basically boils down to backing untalented thugs against genuinely gifted footballers.

Do you like the beautiful game or do you want a bunch of yobs kicking lumps out of some of the best footballers of their generation at Wembley?

Wimbledon were an excrescence upon 1990s football.  I'm glad they have ended up in the lower leagues.

Is that always the case? I dont remember us kicking lumps out of Man United, or any of the other prem teams we've beaten as underdogs over the last couple of seasons?

Vinnie Jones was on Talksport a few years ago telling a story of how all the Crazy Gang were drinking in a pub. There was a young Pro with them that hadn't made the first team and he had his girlfriend with him who was very attractive.

Anyway one of the pub customers started to chat this young lad girlfriend up so Vinnie Jones asked if he wanted to sort the bloke out for as they were Wimbledon fc against the world.

The young lad agreed to Jones taking this guy outside and having a word with. So that's what he did and duly went outside with the guy but was only outside for less than a minute.

When Vinnie came back in the young pro thanked him for sorting the guy out but Vinnie told him "You're on your own there son he's the reining Great Britain Karate champion" !!

4 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Is that always the case? I dont remember us kicking lumps out of Man United, or any of the other prem teams we've beaten as underdogs over the last couple of seasons?

No it's not always the case, we don't play a thuggish clattering and elbowing game and nor do most teams.

Crazy gang era Wimbledon did.

I remember seeing a BT Talksport documentary on Wimbledon which showed that Fashanu and Sanchez actually hated each other. They had fought early on but refused to even speak to each other for years.

john Scales asked to Bobby Gould to sell him early on because of the hazing he received as new boy who was a bit posh

1 hour ago, Busterrimes said:

I remember seeing a BT Talksport documentary on Wimbledon which showed that Fashanu and Sanchez actually hated each other. They had fought early on but refused to even speak to each other for years.

john Scales asked to Bobby Gould to sell him early on because of the hazing he received as new boy who was a bit posh

It’s the same one the OP is on about, BT Sport over the last 5 years have produced some quality documentaries.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

If anyone honestly believed they got from non-league to the Premiership simply by "kicking chunks" out of everyone else, then they never watched the Dons play very much.

I watched that team a fair bit. They were a tough bunch and not averse d to winding opponents up. But there was talent. Many of them had good careers at much bigger clubs. 

They found a formula. Hitting long hit it high you need a neck brace back in the 80s to watch them. But they did evolve and used to hit long balls to the corners and get Earl or Gayle to hook them in to the box for the on rushing forwards. It worked. 

Teams hated playing them in front of 8000 people at Selhurst Park. Hilarious really. Teams struggled against them as they were intimidated not necessarily by being kicked off the park it was the thought they might be. 

We could use a little of that at AG!!!

I only started going in '88, taken along by mates at age of 16 to see an FA Cup game, which turned into a run... which turned into the unlikliest ever FA Cup win. No football experience since has come close to that for me.

The team were nasty b@stards at times and I do love the beautiful game, so understand people complaining about them sometimes taking the physical stuff too far. But I also enjoy football with a bit of an edge. And who wouldn't want to watch their local team, basically a non league outfit, scale the heights by hook or by crook...

And since we were sold down the river, who can fail to be impressed by how we've come back from that. I rarely speak to a football supporter from any club who doesn't understand why that makes me proud.

Archived