IGNORED

Team for WBA

The hand of RO'D

32 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Not bad hopefully korey is ok need to match them in midfield think morrell has a lot of energy with palmer coming on later in the game if korey or Taylor tires

Hopefully he is yeah.

Palmer would add some energy- obviously end product and techical abilty too, plus running at defences as he can- could be useful in the last half hour if the game gets quite stretched- either we're say 2-1 up and looking to hit on the break to get that third or maybe he could be the matchwinner off the bench if 1-1. Just one possibility anyway.

I really don't understand LJ's comment that he felt he would be criticised if he made changes from our winning side [v Boro], on Saturday against Wigan?  Most supporters would realise that fatigue is an issue with having had two away games in quick succession, and would surely appreciate the need to freshen things up. It just appears a strange stance, that he considers it more important to avoid being criticised, rather than picking a side which he believes will bring us 3 points?                                                                             The stale and lacklustre first half on Saturday seems to reflect that he SHOULD have made changes to the starting eleven, rather than be concerned about criticism.................just seemed a peculiar thing to say, because i don't think he believed it.

4 hours ago, maxjak said:

I really don't understand LJ's comment that he felt he would be criticised if he made changes from our winning side [v Boro], on Saturday against Wigan?  Most supporters would realise that fatigue is an issue with having had two away games in quick succession, and would surely appreciate the need to freshen things up. It just appears a strange stance, that he considers it more important to avoid being criticised, rather than picking a side which he believes will bring us 3 points?                                                                             The stale and lacklustre first half on Saturday seems to reflect that he SHOULD have made changes to the starting eleven, rather than be concerned about criticism.................just seemed a peculiar thing to say, because i don't think he believed it.

Agree. It's LJ's job to realise he cannot do right for doing wrong, unless he wins every game, which of course won't happen. 
I't's the second time recently that I thought we should have freshened things up, and with supposed weaker opposition we could have. Leeds/Ipswich I thought he used Semenyo the wrong way round. With Wigan, the opportunity was there to switch a couple of players against a side that were hardly in great form. By not doing that, and potentially adding some fresh legs and sparkle , we have put a little pressure on tonight against much tougher opposition.  

5 hours ago, jimmytango78 said:

His mother is Brazilian, so he qualifies to play for them

Breaking News!!  Elliasson replaces Neres and Anderson in latest Brazil squad...........Yes he's twice as good,  and coming to the Maracana soon.

I have absolutely no idea how LJ is going to view this, go back to the old system or stick with the new. 
How about throwing the cat amongst the pigeons and going 4-5-1

Oleary
Hunt - Webster - Kalas - DaSilva
      Pack - Palmer - Brownhill
Eliasson.                               ODowda
                        Fam 

Like I said , not a clue. 

Whatever the starting XI is, they need to play with high energy and put in a decent shift in the first half (and top it with an even better one in the second half)

That doesn't mean we have to be reckless and all gung-ho.

No excuses for a lack-lustre display from anyone.

Every game from tonight onwards is like a cup final.

Time to stand up and be counted.

CYOR!

I'll make a prediction, if he plays two up front and we lose this forum will be full of posters saying he should have played one up top and been more conservative. If he goes one up top and we lose it will be full of posters saying we should have played two up and gone for it. Exactly the same with 3-4 or 5 at the back. 

I was just going to say I'm glad I'm not Johnson and then I remembered what he probably gets paid!

Archived