IGNORED

LJ interview after game Radio Brizzle

DT The Optimist

5 hours ago, BessexRED said:

You think? I thought the atmosphere was pretty poor given the importance of the game, their fans seemed to agree as well as there were comments on social media afterwards calling each other out for the poor atmosphere.

If City were top 2 and had a game against a side in the playoffs on a Saturday 3pm sellout I think the atmosphere would be better than that was.

The atmosphere wasn't great at all tbh. 

That being said, it wouldn't be any better at city. 

It's been crap here for years now (bar Man U) 

2 hours ago, beaverface said:

With regards to the pitch width, are we allowed to make it wider mid season, or do you have to keep it the same dimensions for the entire season?

As stated I’m pretty sure it cannot be altered during the season. I guess otherwise clever teams would mark out their pitch differently each week depending on who they were playing

8 hours ago, Scrumpty said:

I think it’s a mindset, we’re too cautious. When we go at teams we look quality. Of course, we can’t be gung-ho all the time, but we’ll win more than we lose (or draw) with a bit more ambition.

A wider pitch may help in that respect, as well as making it harder for teams to defend.

He sets us up negative at home and that gives the away team confidence and should they go infront like we've seen far to often he has to make the double or triple change to counteract it and luckily it's paid of in some and back fired in others. Something he needs to learn but we do lack pace in behind a flat back four. 

8 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Heard it driving home on Saturday after the game, not picked up on here that i have seen ( sorry if I missed it) but he was asked about home form by the interviewer.   

He stated it was something they were going to have to deal with ( certainly words to that effect) and he stated what we all know,  in that our away form is top of the table and we are struggling at the Gate and home form bit poor..   What he then went on to say was about the width of the pitch, and that may not be hindering us and is something that will be looked at ( a clear inference that it will be widened again in the close season ?) 

Never thought of that as a reason why (as a rule of thumb)  why our home performances have not been too 'bright' to say the least ?  Think he has a valid point here ?

Ironically the pitch was narrowed 2 years ago at LJ’s request

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Ironically the pitch was narrowed 2 years ago at LJ’s request

Can have good advantages a narrowed pitch. Can is the operative word though...

Can't knock this overall, good season overall- but I wonder if LJ always makes the most of the plus points a narrowed pitch can provide.

Archived