IGNORED

If we go up which ex-City player would you like to come back ?

Major Isewater

Let’s dream a little , City lads are flat out on the Wembley pitch , the fans ecstatic and the commentators are aghast  as Villa miss the chance to put little Bristol City to the sword.

Which ex-City player/s  would you like us to sign for our inaugural season in the Prem ?

Come back on the City bus Tammy I would say , who would you want ? 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tammy is an interesting one.

Chances are we would be in the bottom third if we went up, maybe upper part of the bottom half at best. Would his level of all-round game suit such a side?

However given his great work 2 years ago- saving us- maybe...

We still created chances when we played the Premier League sides last season and against Wolves this season.

Unless we suddenly changed to "hope to nick a point" mindset every week he'd get chances for us.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

We still created chances when we played the Premier League sides last season and against Wolves this season.

Unless we suddenly changed to "hope to nick a point" mindset every week he'd get chances for us.

Yeah, but would he be lone striker- would be be in a pair with say Weimann or an upgrade on Weimann in a 3-5-2?

Honestly?

Outside of Tammy, nobody. Maybe Bobby Reid at a slight push but if he cost us what Cardiff paid for him and we had TA, I’d probably look elsewhere.

As has been done to death, Webby is better than Flint, and the latters not prem quality. Bryan - we haven’t been worse for his absence. Adomah? Wrong age. Kodjia? Not prem quality and wrong DNA. Luke Freeman and Luke Ayling? First I don’t think is prem level, second not strong enough defensively for me (although may get in our side now, would want better on promotion)

Struggling to think of anyone we’ve let go who is still the right age and rough level outside of the above. So, short answer - Tammy

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

None - unless we go back long before the PL. Then I’d love to see Andy Cole and Gerry Gow in the same team.

Andy Cole was pure class. It was a privilege to see him play in a city shirt when he was young. He certainly knew how to score goals. 

Cheesley and Tom Ritchie were also top goal scorers. 

I can only dream of Cheesely or Atyeo for the final push this season.  What a difference a quality striker like these would be.

As for promotion itself, were we to get it - then we would need a massive injection of quality merely to stay up.

Yet what would worry me more is total lack of experience amongst our coaching staff

1 hour ago, swanker said:

Andy Cole was pure class. It was a privilege to see him play in a city shirt when he was young. He certainly knew how to score goals. 

Cheesley and Tom Ritchie were also top goal scorers. 

Cheesley ( or John Galley) on the end of Elliasson's crosses could be good.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Let’s dream a little , City lads are flat out on the Wembley pitch , the fans ecstatic and the commentators are aghast  as Villa miss the chance to put little Bristol City to the sword.

Which ex-City player/s  would you like us to sign for our inaugural season in the Prem ?

Come back on the City bus Tammy I would say , who would you want ? 

Wayne Alison - in his PRIME.

:laughcont:

If we’re going back, Jack Connor would man mark anyone out of the game, Gerry Gow to win the ball and drive the team forward, Tom Ritchie in his prime cutting in from the inside left channel and bending his right foot shot around the keeper like an early Thierry Henry, and ofcourse Alan Walsh with the stepover that everyone knew about but nobody could stop. 

Archived