IGNORED

Attendance for West Brom

The Red Planet

Quite surprised to see several hundred seats still available for this game as we are playing a play-off contender.

Possible reasons :

1) It's live on Sky

2) West Brom look certain to be in the play-offs, so there is no great "edge" to this game as it looks like there will be when we play Derby. 

3) School Easter holidays are on, so some people might be away with their kids.

Did I miss something ? 

8 hours ago, JBFC II said:

If we can get it over 21k that would be decent I'd say. I'd imagine west brom will bring close to 3k so over 18000 home fans isn't bad for a Tuesday night televised game. 

Let's not forget we were scraping over 10k 5 years ago... 

3k?!? Not a chance. Their away support is shit.

23 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Surely 3k isn't much of a reach. It's only down the road for them. 

West Brom had 3k at Preston at Saturday when top of the league, barely 1k at Sheffield United for a top promotion clash, less than 1k at Ipswich etc.

Out of the four big west midland clubs they have the worst away support. We had just shy of 1.9k up there in the reverse fixture for mid week, I’d be very surprised if they topped that.

30 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

West Brom had 3k at Preston at Saturday when top of the league, barely 1k at Sheffield United for a top promotion clash, less than 1k at Ipswich etc.

Out of the four big west midland clubs they have the worst away support. We had just shy of 1.9k up there in the reverse fixture for mid week, I’d be very surprised if they topped that.

Prepare to be very surprised then. They had an initial allocation of 2,060, and they have only 157 remaining. Therefore, they've sold 1,903.

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I'm not speculating. It's cold hard facts.

wba1.png

wba2.png

I’m well aware, I wasn’t disputing that but their website is exactly the same ticketing system as ours and the figures tend to be inaccurate.

What I found out is that they take tickets out of the allocation for family members and friends which is why it’s usually a couple of hundred less than what it states.

As I said we’ll see, I also said I’d be surprised if they take more than we did to them. If they do it’s a pretty decent effort for West Brom given they don’t have a lot to play for.

16 hours ago, The Red Planet said:

Quite surprised to see several hundred seats still available for this game as we are playing a play-off contender.

Possible reasons :

1) It's live on Sky

2) West Brom look certain to be in the play-offs, so there is no great "edge" to this game as it looks like there will be when we play Derby. 

3) School Easter holidays are on, so some people might be away with their kids.

Did I miss something ? 

Tuesdays are always a horrible fixture day for those with young families or who live far away from the Gate. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

I’m well aware, I wasn’t disputing that but their website is exactly the same ticketing system as ours and the figures tend to be inaccurate.

Interesting that it is the same site, but I like how they let you choose your area to sit in

image.png

image.png

It’s a massive game, definitely not lacking an edge, whoever we play at this stage of the season because of where we are in the league there will be an ‘edge’ anyway, whether or not that’s a good thing (Wigan was nervous on the pitch and in the stands) I don’t know, but if players and fans can’t get up for a game like this I don’t know when you would as a City fan. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

It’s a massive game, definitely not lacking an edge, whoever we play at this stage of the season because of where we are in the league there will be an ‘edge’ anyway, whether or not that’s a good thing (Wigan was nervous on the pitch and in the stands) I don’t know, but if players and fans can’t get up for a game like this I don’t know when you would as a City fan. 

Saturday had a bad feel about the place from start to finish and I believe the club recognised this in the build up with all the requests to boost the atmosphere etc

Tonight has the makings of a classic night game at the gate, where the atmosphere will look after itself - WBA are a very strong side to be playing but after they lost at Millwall on Saturday maybe we are playing them at the best time

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

Saturday had a bad feel about the place from start to finish and I believe the club recognised this in the build up with all the requests to boost the atmosphere etc

Tonight has the makings of a classic night game at the gate, where the atmosphere will look after itself - WBA are a very strong side to be playing but after they lost at Millwall on Saturday maybe we are playing them at the best time

I’d forgotten about that.  All the messages on the advertising boards etc. Thought it was quite cringey personally and felt it had the opposite effect if anything.  Those around me commented the same as well. Atmosphere generates itself - always has always will. Good or bad. 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, krxs97 said:

Baggies taking 1.5k according to their twitter account.

Have to say for a club of their size, only a short jaunt down the M5 I would have expected more tonight, especially given the importance of the fixture

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

Have to say for a club of their size, only a short jaunt down the M5 I would have expected more tonight, especially given the importance of the fixture

£32 a ticket, not a huge game for them as almost certain of play offs, on the red button, I can see why they haven't sold out to be fair. 

14 minutes ago, weepywall said:

£32 a ticket, not a huge game for them as almost certain of play offs, on the red button, I can see why they haven't sold out to be fair. 

Our prices along with many others are a complete disgrace.

45 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They're not THAT big a club really, core support a similar size to ours I reckon.

Yep, apart from their trophy haul, and European exploits, I have always thought of them as a similar club to ours.

(I’m not being sarcastic by the way).

• Admin
46 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They're not THAT big a club really, core support a similar size to ours I reckon.

Fair shout, but I'd expect us to take more than that to theirs if the game was reversed tonight

(I would expect us to sell out at Millwall in three weeks if there is anything on the result)

35 minutes ago, Super said:

Our prices along with many others are a complete disgrace.

But sadly we are all accustomed to these appalling prices now and see them as the norm

3 hours ago, phantom said:

I don’t think there was a bad feeling about the place. It felt like everyone was a little bit surprised, that games were now of this current magnitude, after the 2 massive away wins. 

I think that just ramped up the pressure, coupled with our stuttering home form, and everyone is just feeling the pressure a bit more than they were expecting too, 10 days ago. 

Arguably there is a little less pressure tonight, in a game that we aren’t as expected to win, so there’s less to lose, possibly..? ?‍♂️

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t think there was a bad feeling about the place. It felt like everyone was a little bit surprised, that games were now of this current magnitude, after the 2 massive away wins. 

I think that just ramped up the pressure, coupled with our stuttering home form, and everyone is just feeling the pressure a bit more than they were expecting too, 10 days ago. 

Arguably there is a little less pressure tonight, in a game that we aren’t as expected to win, so there’s less to lose, possibly..? ?‍♂️

That was what I was trying to say :sub:Just not as well put

Archived