IGNORED

Poster for the dressing room

citywest30

15 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

So just seen this and not one of them thinks we'll get into the play offs. They may well be right and we'll know by this time next week I reckon but surely this would fire the players up before going out.

'EFL pundits predict The Run In'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11684870

Hi ho , hi ho , under the radar we go.

:bruce_h4h:

The Ninja Robins .

Fact is, if you put “Frank Lampards” in front of our name and not Derby’s, we’d be seen as making the top six.

Although the football league coverage on Sky is good, there is still an erring to the big clubs/names when it comes to making decisions - large number going for Sunderland and Pompey for example.

In short - sod ‘em. One thing we are is better as underdogs and the more statements like these come out, the more I’m sure it’ll galvanise the team.

Its when we’re expected to win there’s a problem!

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Fact is, if you put “Frank Lampards” in front of our name and not Derby’s, we’d be seen as making the top six.

Although the football league coverage on Sky is good, there is still an erring to the big clubs/names when it comes to making decisions - large number going for Sunderland and Pompey for example.

In short - sod ‘em. One thing we are is better as underdogs and the more statements like these come out, the more I’m sure it’ll galvanise the team.

Spot on, that!

Well to be honest I probably wouldn’t pick us either, and I don’t mean any disrespect by that. We have haven’t been flirting with auto spots or playoffs all season. We have been there or there about but fluctuate more than the others on the whole.

The others are ‘names’ too. Pundits always like a name. Ex Prem teams, ex Prem players or experienced Managers are always more newsworthy than us who don’t even have a local derby. Our team and Manager have never been higher than we are now. We don’t have any big name players, we aren’t talked about as we aren’t attractive as far as Sky TV are concerned, doesn’t mean we can’t play in the Premier League though. 

Yes we made the playoffs once but compared to the ‘names’ we are smallfry, and might fly in under the radar yet. We have had great cup runs over the past two years but that’s forgotten by all except us now. It would actually be quite funny to see if anyone back-pedals, but as we would be playing one of the much talked up ‘names’ I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Well to be honest I probably wouldn’t pick us either, and I don’t mean any disrespect by that. We have haven’t been flirting with auto spots or playoffs all season. We have been there or there about but fluctuate more than the others on the whole.

The others are ‘names’ too. Pundits always like a name. Ex Prem teams, ex Prem players or experienced Managers are always more newsworthy than us who don’t even have a local derby. Our team and Manager have never been higher than we are now. We don’t have any big name players, we aren’t talked about as we aren’t attractive as far as Sky TV are concerned, doesn’t mean we can’t play in the Premier League though. 

Yes we made the playoffs once but compared to the ‘names’ we are smallfry, and might fly in under the radar yet. We have had great cup runs over the past two years but that’s forgotten by all except us now. It would actually be quite funny to see if anyone back-pedals, but as we would be playing one of the much talked up ‘names’ I doubt it.

I tend to agree but surely letting the players know this is the view would give them a point to prove. Big two games and this could well be one of those marginal gains that helps us a little bit. 

2 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I tend to agree but surely letting the players know this is the view would give them a point to prove. Big two games and this could well be one of those marginal gains that helps us a little bit. 

Absolutely. I don’t see any harm at all, as you say just the opposite. There are loads of motivational quotes around the place and at the training ground, this is used strongly in all sports.

i was just saying if we are honest we wouldn’t expect to be tipped, and I think the players, LJ would know that too. As I said, it doesn’t mean we can’t. It’s in our hands and games like tonight we tend to not be complacent (players and fans). Bring it on.

2 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

I say **** em all,shove two fingers up to the “names”,COYR

well yes. The highly objective comment about Tranmere from Scott Minto gives the game away. They used to kick a ball about (the only difference is that they did it for a living and I paid to play). No one would suggest that makes any of 'em (particularly Minto and Andrews) are a better pundit than me or the dog next door

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

well yes. The highly objective comment about Tranmere from Scott Minto gives the game away. They used to kick a ball about (the only difference is that they did it for a living and I paid to play). No one would suggest that makes any of 'em (particularly Minto and Andrews) are a better pundit than me or the dog next door

What does the dog reckon?

Can’t see a huge problem here tbh. The pundits just fancy FLD to pip us it at the post from what I can see - which is imminently possible but like wise we can obviously pip them as well. Talksports round up of the Championship last night was very complimentary of us saying they thought we’d stay top 6 and mentioning that we are a a really tough game for everyone we have left including Villa at the weekend.  Sky are always going to go for Lampard as he has so many connections with them, having worked there and having pals that still do. 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

LJ has an appointment booked with his solicitor to get his name changed by deed poll.

45 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I understand what youre saying, but by that stage of the season, it's more to do with calmer heads than form. The media and their own fans will be putting the pressure on Derby

Deep down in the Derby mind there is the grain of doubt that they will bottle it again.

You know you’re going to Derby . You will never go up again.

:devil:

• Admin
1 hour ago, citywest30 said:

I tend to agree but surely letting the players know this is the view would give them a point to prove. 

Would it really though?

Surely if that is the only way we can motivate our squad to get into the play offs, we have big problems !

3 hours ago, citywest30 said:

So just seen this and not one of them thinks we'll get into the play offs. They may well be right and we'll know by this time next week I reckon but surely this would fire the players up before going out.

'EFL pundits predict The Run In'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11684870

Aren't they probably right??..

A few 'old hands' I know have been watching city for between 45/60 years a piece all feel that we will just fall short- no,not pessimistic just the knowledge of watching city for a lifetime..and each one hopes to be wrong..

It's not exactly groundbreaking is it?  If they had put forward their predictions in December i would be more impressed, but with only around 10 per cent of the season left, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.  Even then they can't get it right [Derby hitting form?], they just conceded 3 goals at Brentford? Anyway everyone and their uncle.............knows that it's 'Frank Lampards Derby'!!   Luton n' Sunderland to go up, Wow! I did NOT see that comin'.  Pundits?  Blah!.........more like overpaid mates of the Producer.  Still good idea to post it on the dressing room wall.

3 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

We have Derby to come at Ashton Gate: a huge 6 pointer. All the pundits seem to have missed that fact

I am convinced that match will decide something. One of the people I go with over the years has for various reasons managed to miss ‘the’ match of the season (although she missed Man City not ManUlast year). She has missed the Hartlepool ( Dolman shaking) and loads of important games. She might only miss one or two games a season but she don’t half pick ‘em. Yes, she is missing Derby. Hopefully for her sake we will have a clear picture by then, if not it’s going to be a cracking match!

24 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It's not exactly groundbreaking is it?  If they had put forward their predictions in December i would be more impressed, but with only around 10 per cent of the season left, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.  Even then they can't get it right [Derby hitting form?], they just conceded 3 goals at Brentford? Anyway everyone and their uncle.............knows that it's 'Frank Lampards Derby'!!   Luton n' Sunderland to go up, Wow! I did NOT see that comin'.  Pundits?  Blah!.........more like overpaid mates of the Producer.  Still good idea to post it on the dressing room wall.

Brentford at home quite a formidable side whereas Derby's away record is not all that- so that is a decent result for them and a draw did not surprise me, but I;d say that and their 6-1 v Rotherham slowly rebuilding form as opposed to hitting it. Brentford actually have 4th best home record in this division so...

As for the general piece- same people who put Lampard and Rowett as more shrewd, or perhaps got more excited about it than Bielsa at Leeds, so far as divisions go- some football journos are particularly insular and name driven so no great surprise. Lampard has done well, but Rowett flopping somewhat no great surprise to me.

Would be quite happy to tick along under the radar.

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

I am convinced that match will decide something. One of the people I go with over the years has for various reasons managed to miss ‘the’ match of the season (although she missed Man City not ManUlast year). She has missed the Hartlepool ( Dolman shaking) and loads of important games. She might only miss one or two games a season but she don’t half pick ‘em. Yes, she is missing Derby. Hopefully for her sake we will have a clear picture by then, if not it’s going to be a cracking match!

I've had it circled in the diary for months. It's been sat there threatening to make it break it. Likewise Hull on the last day of the season. Wouldn't it be typical that we need a win there to get 6th and it's Hull who yet again foil our plans.

Archived