IGNORED

Poster for the dressing room

citywest30

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I've had it circled in the diary for months. It's been sat there threatening to make it break it. Likewise Hull on the last day of the season. Wouldn't it be typical that we need a win there to get 6th and it's Hull who yet again foil our plans.

I did see they were the last game when the fixtures came out last June and wondered what situation we would be in. Well it’s a different battle that what has been usual for us, no mid table obscurity for us for a few seasons now during the main part of the season.

31 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I've had it circled in the diary for months. It's been sat there threatening to make it break it. Likewise Hull on the last day of the season. Wouldn't it be typical that we need a win there to get 6th and it's Hull who yet again foil our plans.

Or from a much more optimistic perspective- we go there and they still have an outside playoff place...

Last minute winner for us- ending theirs and sealing 6th for us. Could it happen??

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Or from a much more optimistic perspective- we go there and they still have an outside playoff place...

Last minute winner for us- ending theirs and sealing 6th for us. Could it happen??

Whether we get 6th or not I am fairly confident that we will go into that Hull game needing something. Just can't quite see us building a 4 point gap to 7th between now and then.

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Good spot.............I hadn't noticed that, a 1-0 defeat would be horribly serendipitous!

2 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Is he the one that looks like a jockey in an ill fitting hairpiece?

Just happened to notice that during the last World Cup RTE, the Irish broadcaster received 2,000 complaints about Keith Andrews hair!! ?.......Ha!   A man from Tipperary accused Andrews hair of making him set fire to his cat.  Serious repercussions.................?

3 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Just wondering, is there a rule that states we cant wear purple and lime for remaining home games? There won't be a clash

During the Close Season, each Club shall notify The League, in writing, details of its ‘home’ and ‘away’ colours (shirts, shorts and stockings) and if applicable any third ‘alternative’ set of colours. The League shall inform all other Clubs, Referees and Assistant Referees of such details. The Home colours so registered by each Club shall be worn for all Home Matches during the next following Season and no changes either in the colours or combination of colours shall be permitted during the course of the Season. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, each Club is authorised on one occasion per Season to play a Home match in an ‘away’ or ‘alternative’ strip.

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the shite reasons spouted, Derby back on form? ? A home win against Rotherham and an away draw against 14th, yeah right.

Better form than us over 1 game? Nope. 1 point v 1 point

Better form than us over 2 games? Nope. 4 points v 4 points

Better form than us over 3 games? Nope. 7 points v 5 points

Better from than us over 4 games? Nope. 8 points v 6 points

Better form than us over 5 games? Ah quaking in my boots, 8 points v 9 points.

They can continue that rich vein of 5 game form and we'll still be ahead of them

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the shite reasons spouted, Derby back on form? ? A home win against Rotherham and an away draw against 14th, yeah right.

Better form than us over 1 game? Nope. 1 point v 1 point

Better form than us over 2 games? Nope. 4 points v 4 points

Better form than us over 3 games? Nope. 7 points v 5 points

Better from than us over 4 games? Nope. 8 points v 6 points

Better form than us over 5 games? Ah quaking in my boots, 8 points v 9 points.

They can continue that rich vein of 5 game form and we'll still be ahead of them

It's steady improvement.

Brentford have the 4th best home record in the division- a point there for most is a decent one gained. 6-1 always bolsters confidence too- but we are demonstrably in better form than them.

Bit like us in reverse Brentford- you just look at the League table though, assume "Ah, Derby and maybe a factor managed by Frank Lampard v 14th- away win" Actually though, 4th best home record v 11th best away record...that kind of overall record shows a decent chance of a draw or a tough away game.

Still they will write us off- let them, will make it all the sweeter if/when we defy their 'expertise'.

9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Fact is, if you put “Frank Lampards” in front of our name and not Derby’s, we’d be seen as making the top six.

I’m all for remaining unfancied. But exposure is good for the club. 

I expect LJ would be pretty miffed about it though..! ?

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m all for remaining unfancied. But exposure is good for the club. 

I expect LJ would be pretty miffed about it though..! ?

Probably the same idiots who would have pegged Rowett at Stoke down as a greater chance of success than Bielsa at Leeds in the summer.

Hype...names. Was right about Rowett and though Lampard doing a solid job, the media will always gravitate towards the names or perhaps those known in the division.

9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Fact is, if you put “Frank Lampards” in front of our name and not Derby’s, we’d be seen as making the top six.

Although the football league coverage on Sky is good, there is still an erring to the big clubs/names when it comes to making decisions - large number going for Sunderland and Pompey for example.

In short - sod ‘em. One thing we are is better as underdogs and the more statements like these come out, the more I’m sure it’ll galvanise the team.

Its when we’re expected to win there’s a problem!

When did that happen?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Just happened to notice that during the last World Cup RTE, the Irish broadcaster received 2,000 complaints about Keith Andrews hair!! ?.......Ha!   A man from Tipperary accused Andrews hair of making him set fire to his cat.  Serious repercussions.................?

When he turns his head to face the anchor, I always expect his hair to stay in the same place 

3 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

During the Close Season, each Club shall notify The League, in writing, details of its ‘home’ and ‘away’ colours (shirts, shorts and stockings) and if applicable any third ‘alternative’ set of colours. The League shall inform all other Clubs, Referees and Assistant Referees of such details. The Home colours so registered by each Club shall be worn for all Home Matches during the next following Season and no changes either in the colours or combination of colours shall be permitted during the course of the Season. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, each Club is authorised on one occasion per Season to play a Home match in an ‘away’ or ‘alternative’ strip.

Thanks for that. Well that is Derby sorted

Archived