IGNORED

Only one city.

the red rules

Well there's only one for me.

I know I am not I alone in being irritated at commentators referring to Man City as just City when there are another eight in our top two leagues alone.

It will inevitably increase with their global coverage, but I hoped it would be restricted to national coverage.

Today I woke up around 6.45am to our Radio Bristol sports man Dan saying City had a big injury boost, but it was because Aguero was likely to be fit. 

If they cant say Man at least they should have the decency to use a mock manc accent and say 'Citteh'.

3 minutes ago, the red rules said:

I know I am not I alone in being irritated at commentators referring to Man City as just City when there are another eight in our top two leagues alone.

It will inevitably increase with their global coverage, but I hoped it would be restricted to national coverage.

Today I woke up around 6.45am to our Radio Bristol sports man Dan saying City had a big injury boost, but it was because Aguero was likely to be fit. 

If they cant say Man at least they should have the decency to use a mock manc accent and say 'Citteh'.

It’s not a problem we’re Bristol ! 

OTIB .

( puts can of worms opener back in the draw . )

• Admin
35 minutes ago, the red rules said:

Who do you think of when someone says "United" . . . . . Exactly !

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Are you a hundred per cent sure that you’re on the right thread there ? 

Major, I'm convinced that if we signed him for our inaugural Premier League campaign he would contribute at least as much as Bobby Reid has at Cardiff. At the age of 44 we could probably get him a bit cheaper as well.

5 hours ago, the red rules said:

Ha ha, I heard that this morning and was a little confused, probably last night’s beer slightly influencing my thoughts. I did think show some respect, as there is only one City in Bristol! ?

I agree with the OP

Just they've got all the money, all the best players, a few million training pitches etc etc .. **** 'em MANCHESTER City, there are loads of Citys (wrong spell check, I meant Citys) in football and you are just MANCHESTER City to me.

21 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I agree with the OP

Just they've got all the money, all the best players, a few million training pitches etc etc .. **** 'em MANCHESTER City, there are loads of Citys (wrong spell check, I meant Citys) in football and you are just MANCHESTER City to me.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite as the United bit doesn't bother me.

But it's more the radio Bristol using it.

I think Twentyman is encouraging the mancs to ring in for sound of the city.

12 hours ago, the red rules said:

People on here refer to Man City as City - now THAT is unbelievable....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

People on here refer to Man City as City - now THAT is unbelievable....

I know: disgraceful isn't it.  Everyone knows it's "City" 

Just tried correcting that 3 times and it always autocorrects.  Well that had no comedy value....

Everyone knows it's    C    I    T   E    H  .

**** me.  That wasn't easy

Archived