IGNORED

The Immortal Billy Sharp ?

reddogkev

Random thread I know, more like just a random thought, but anyone else feel like Sharp has been around for ever?

As far back as I can recall, I seem to remember Billy Sharp scoring goals.  It might just be me, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you said Sharp was around playing for the blades in the mid nineties.

Any other players who seem to have never-ending careers, well, in your memory at least?

Random thought over...

7 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Random thread I know, more like just a random thought, but anyone else feel like Sharp has been around for ever?

As far back as I can recall, I seem to remember Billy Sharp scoring goals.  It might just be me, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you said Sharp was around playing for the blades in the mid nineties.

Any other players who seem to have never-ending careers, well, in your memory at least?

Random thought over...

Would like to see a record of his games against us, although I’m sure it will be depressing reading, with the exception of recent results against Sheffield United!

my mate can’t stand him..... if you’re reading this Mark! ?

12 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Would like to see a record of his games against us, although I’m sure it will be depressing reading, with the exception of recent results against Sheffield United!

7 goals in 16 games against us

13 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Wilbraham. Remember on an old championship manager game him being pretty decent. Would've have been early 2000's

I recall signing a young Leo Messi for Woking on Championship Manager circa 04/05 for under £200k.

I wonder whatever happened to him, someone mentioned the other day he was still playing football albeit probably in some mickey mouse league abroad but fair play if he's still going

• Admin

Where was it he played against us quite early one season, think he scored a last minute penalty for the home side

Seem to remember him running back to our away end and City players dragging him away from celebrating infront of us

Please tell me I didn't imagine this

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Where was it he played against us quite early one season, think he scored a last minute penalty for the home side

Seem to remember him running back to our away end and City players dragging him away from celebrating infront of us

Please tell me I didn't imagine this

You didn’t imagine this - 14 Aug 2010 he scored a 90th minute penalty against us to make it Doncaster Rovers 1 Bristol City 1 .....

59 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Random thought over...

Both Gareth Barry and Jermaine Defoe were playing in the top division when I was just a young child.

I'm in my late forties now so that makes them both at least 65 years old I think.

• Admin
24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You didn’t imagine this - 14 Aug 2010 he scored a 90th minute penalty against us to make it Doncaster Rovers 1 Bristol City 1 .....

Blimey can still picture the end of that game like it was more recent than that

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

Ask and you shall receive (clickety click)

7 in 16, but lost more matches against us than he's won.

3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Not only still playing, but in the Premier League no less. 

Made 5 appearances for Burnley this year after he was transferred there as a player plus cash deal from Stoke for Vokes.

Is this where people say 'Whoosh?'

(Just curious, always wondered)

Archived