IGNORED

Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion Match Day 40

Septic Peg

Huzzah.

A night under the TV cameras. It's been a minute since we were last on Sky Sports. I've tried to remember and Google which match but I can't, though I'm sure someone here can confirm...

Question though. Article 13 passed this month. For those unacquainted with Article 13, it basically means that when you upload content to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or anywhere on the web, you have to prove your content is your own. This means all audio and visual content. Currently, if someone else uploads your content without permission or usage on YouTube for example, you can copy strike the content and any ad revenue produced from said content is given to you.

Article 13 means that you have to prove the content before uploading. There will be no fair use policy (for example if filming in public and a car passes by playing music out the speakers - not your fault essentially).

This will apply to people videoing football matches too. Many smaller youtubers have been striked by the EFL already for filming, as what happened to everyone's favourite Gashead, Jake Barber.

Brexit will make little difference allegedly as we will leave the EU after it has come into effect and most platforms will apply it regardless of EU status. It will be Europe as a whole.

Which takes me back to my rambling. This week, Bristol City FC Official on YouTube was copystriked by Sky. A whole topic can be found here...

A quick search and the highlights from the game v Sheffield Utd have been removed from the upload list, whilst the Boro and Wigan highlights remain in place.

Strange one. If Sky were copystriking all the highlights, why leave those two up? Was it an automatic YouTube thing that Sky have no idea about? Was it simply a human error? Or was there something specific about that video that made Sky copystrike? Hmmm.

Don't forget, article 13 will apply to OTIB too so photos, GIFs and videos all plastered on here will be subject to the same...

Food for thought indeed.

On to tonight.

West Brom at home. Varying factors at play tonight.

● West Brom are hit and miss at the moment. A scrappy 3-2 win at home to nearby Brum or a 2-0 loss at Millwall. 

● Our home form isn't great.

● But we usually play well when Sky camera-persons are looming over the pitch.

● We play better against teams around and above us than those near the bottom.

This is gonna be a scrap tonight. If we catch West Brom on another off day, then 2-1 City. If they come fired up and recovered from Millwall, 2-1 Brom.

I wouldn't be surprised by a score draw either...

Ones to watch include Dwight Gayle and Jay Rodriguez. Jay is top scorer from Brom and Dwight Gayle is the transfer that never was... Defender Hegazi is suspended after being a naughty boy on Saturday so he'll be watching from the stands if he makes the trip.

Until next time folks.

COYRs!

Uh oh; the WBA fans fear a defeat tonight. You never get such pre match negativity on OTIB    http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=23121.0

The players owe us big time. They need to play and WIN.

Fear the worst here, Adarabiayo and Calamity Kyle as the centre back pairing  :o

We've been awful for weeks barring the 2nd half against Blues. I dont expect anything from this game

i am sorry but its another loss here.If we do manage to make the playoffs we wont have any momentum. we are being run by a bunch of amatures with their fingers crossed

10 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Huzzah.

A night under the TV cameras. It's been a minute since we were last on Sky Sports. I've tried to remember and Google which match but I can't, though I'm sure someone here can confirm...

Question though. Article 13 passed this month. For those unacquainted with Article 13, it basically means that when you upload content to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or anywhere on the web, you have to prove your content is your own. This means all audio and visual content. Currently, if someone else uploads your content without permission or usage on YouTube for example, you can copy strike the content and any ad revenue produced from said content is given to you.

Article 13 means that you have to prove the content before uploading. There will be no fair use policy (for example if filming in public and a car passes by playing music out the speakers - not your fault essentially).

This will apply to people videoing football matches too. Many smaller youtubers have been striked by the EFL already for filming, as what happened to everyone's favourite Gashead, Jake Barber.

Brexit will make little difference allegedly as we will leave the EU after it has come into effect and most platforms will apply it regardless of EU status. It will be Europe as a whole.

Which takes me back to my rambling. This week, Bristol City FC Official on YouTube was copystriked by Sky. A whole topic can be found here...

A quick search and the highlights from the game v Sheffield Utd have been removed from the upload list, whilst the Boro and Wigan highlights remain in place.

Strange one. If Sky were copystriking all the highlights, why leave those two up? Was it an automatic YouTube thing that Sky have no idea about? Was it simply a human error? Or was there something specific about that video that made Sky copystrike? Hmmm.

Don't forget, article 13 will apply to OTIB too so photos, GIFs and videos all plastered on here will be subject to the same...

Food for thought indeed.

On to tonight.

West Brom at home. Varying factors at play tonight.

● West Brom are hit and miss at the moment. A scrappy 3-2 win at home to nearby Brum or a 2-0 loss at Millwall. 

● Our home form isn't great.

● But we usually play well when Sky camera-persons are looming over the pitch.

● We play better against teams around and above us than those near the bottom.

This is gonna be a scrap tonight. If we catch West Brom on another off day, then 2-1 City. If they come fired up and recovered from Millwall, 2-1 Brom.

I wouldn't be surprised by a score draw either...

Ones to watch include Dwight Gayle and Jay Rodriguez. Jay is top scorer from Brom and Dwight Gayle is the transfer that never was... Defender Hegazi is suspended after being a naughty boy on Saturday so he'll be watching from the stands if he makes the trip.

Until next time folks.

COYRs!

Thanks, as ever, Peg for the Match Day thread.

I am hoping for and predicting a win for City.

Re. the Sheffield UTD highlights, they are still available on the official BCFC site and, as far as I can see, also on YOUTUBE.

Flexible formation with a dangerous looking attack and a formidable back 3 (or 5). My only worry is that Pack and Brownhill are going to have to work very hard in the middle...unless we see Webster stepping up into more of a CDM role at times.  As I said it looks to be a flexible team that will hopefully be able to adapt to West Brom's strengths and weaknesses.

Eliasson getting a well deserved start.

Archived