IGNORED

Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion Match Day 40

Septic Peg

5 minutes ago, WelshRobin said:

According to someone on the WBA forum we were awful

Standard response from fans of any team we beat. That and " they were nothing special".

It's awaIy's always the opposition team's poor performance rather than anything we've done that causes their defeat.

8 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Max is going to be a great keeper, hopefully for us! But youth keeper at this level and point of the season ? wouldn't be city of it was easy. Massive 3 points, What a player we have in fam

Max is 22 years old isn't he ?

I know goalies go on longer than other positions but he ain't a youth, and I suspect whilst he will improve.his style of play won't change, rather like Frankie, who is a great shot stopper but has no command of the box.

Even so, he's the best we have available and deserves our full backing whilst he holds the shirt.

10 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

You work in Worthing? Hell of a commute, fella!i 

Sorry, I am very tired, and I used some autocorrect. Maybe my English is not perfect but I never said that. I am wondering if your Romanian is better haha. Btw, i knew you were kidding. I reread my message and is full of mistakes but too bad that I can not find my first messages on this forum, about 11 or 12 years ago when i was not even in Highschool, trust me that was EYE HURTING if i can say like that. What I wanted to say is that here the clock shows 12 AM and i have to be at my office in 7 hours, but it was worth waiting for the final whistle.

I am waiting for too long to see my beloved team in premier league and I am thinking everyday about that, at least this season I may think until may, which is great cause since 2008 I couldn`t do that. Anyway, if you have to rate my fluency in English from 1 to 10, what would I get from you. 

8 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

you may well be bang on. 4 points between us and 'boro and they owe us a game, The Derby game takes massive significance

Think that's a little over optimistic personally - I know Boro have been in shocking form and we have a cushion on them, but their last 5 games are all very winnable on paper. They could well push us all the way after that kick start win tonight.

27 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Yessssssss. Great game Da silva, great game fammy, great game webster.

My fingers are still shaking. I am happy. Nice derby to lose bad boro to win but we have one game in hand. Damn, with the two points from last matchday we will had been so comfortable 7 points in front. We still great, if we win at Villa which is hard, we make 100% the playoffs.

Thanks for this great game, finally i see on tv a great game and I look forward to buy a fly ticket and a ticket for a game in Premier League next year. Who knows, maybe this is our year.

Greetings from Romania, guys. I ll be tired for work tomorrow but it is Worthing.

Worthing? That's a bit of a commute.?

1 minute ago, Mihai said:

Sorry, I am very tired, and I used some autocorrect. Maybe my English is not perfect but I never said that. I am wondering if your Romanian is better haha. Btw, i knew you were kidding. I reread my message and is full of mistakes but too bad that I can not find my first messages on this forum, about 11 or 12 years ago when i was not even in Highschool, trust me that was EYE HURTING if i can say like that. What I wanted to say is that here the clock shows 12 AM and i have to be at my office in 7 hours, but it was worth waiting for the final whistle.

I am waiting for too long to see my beloved team in premier league and I am thinking everyday about that, at least this season I may think until may, which is great cause since 2008 I couldn`t do that. Anyway, if you have to rate my fluency in English from 1 to 10, what would I get from you. 

Fair play to you, mate.

Your English is better than my Romanian....and possibly my English!

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK, so defeats for Derby, PNE & Forest were a bonus for City tonight. ?

As things stand City would meet Albion in the P/Os. Hand on heart can we triumph over two legs?  ?

Funny as I was just thinking about who I’d prefer to play offs and I’d decided not West Brom. But getting ahead of myself! 

16 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Max is going to be a great keeper, hopefully for us! But youth keeper at this level and point of the season ? wouldn't be city of it was easy. Massive 3 points, What a player we have in fam

Youth keeper?! De Gea was a regular in goals for Man Yoo when he was younger than Max is now....

2 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Hi  Mihai   Brilliant to hear from you......how did u become lucky enough to support City, out of all the teams in the UK?

36 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Yessssssss. Great game Da silva, great game fammy, great game webster.

My fingers are still shaking. I am happy. Nice derby to lose bad boro to win but we have one game in hand. Damn, with the two points from last matchday we will had been so comfortable 7 points in front. We still great, if we win at Villa which is hard, we make 100% the playoffs.

Thanks for this great game, finally i see on tv a great game and I look forward to buy a fly ticket and a ticket for a game in Premier League next year. Who knows, maybe this is our year.

Greetings from Romania, guys. I ll be tired for work tomorrow but it is Worthing.

What´s your story Mihai? Why are you a fan? Love it

Great performance from the lads tonight blew then away in first half and in truth could have been more... 

Conceded a few poor goals from set pieces in second half but could have scored more ourselves, great run from desilva and really unlucky (he was brilliant and we'll deserved man of match) wish fammy would have got a goal but was so strong...

Watched on TV (as live up north) but have to say usual bias from sky WBA were poor and we did alright and Don Goodman was begging for WBA to draw level they all sounded so disappointed that we won (except Liam R) 

10 points from 12 with the games we played is fantastic bring on villa... COYRs

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Youth keeper?! De Gea was a regular in goals for Man Yoo when he was younger than Max is now....

Remember De Gea struggling big time on crosses in his first season too. Ive been a big critic of Max, the player he is now not the player he can come and his future is bright.

9 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK, so defeats for Derby, PNE & Forest were a bonus for City tonight. ?

As things stand City would meet Albion in the P/Os. Hand on heart can we triumph over two legs?  ?

To be fair....and this isn't a criticism off us, but we were lucky tonight. First 20 minutes we just blew them away ....we were brilliant . And to be fair we were brilliant all game in one way or another....

But let's be brutally honest....to a man, they are superior to us in pretty much every department 

Enjoy tonight though. Great game 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

To be fair....and this isn't a criticism off us, but we were lucky tonight. First 20 minutes we just blew them away ....we were brilliant . And to be fair we were brilliant all game in one way or another....

But let's be brutally honest....to a man, they are superior to us in pretty much every department 

They are. As are Aston Villa. And yet, here we are, after 40 games, sandwiched between them

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Same was said about the Johnson Snr's team that got to Wembley a decade ago.

Being brutally honest, we keep on beating team that are pretty much superior to us in every department and  a few of them below us in the table.

That'll do for me.

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Andy, if you look look at the squads tonight(I know they were missing Hegazi) but I would take our defence over theirs any day. Their forward line is so good it is keeping them where they are

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Hi  Mihai   Brilliant to hear from you......how did u become lucky enough to support City, out of all the teams in the UK?

My father was betting ocasionally and I was watching league tables cause I love football, since I was born. Back then City were in the third league in that fight with Schuntorphe for the two places. Notts was strong enough too, and I knew their story about 1978-1981 and first i put my eyes on them and i asked my dad to do some bets for me and I won some good money. Butttttt, City had a very nice run and i was betting every matchday on them and other teams from England and just like that I started to search for info about every player and I started to be a bit happy for every win, and after that you know.... that great championship start with Lee Trundle, it was a black stricker Byfield or something that and Michael McIndoe which was nice to watch sometimes cause streaming back then was .... unavailable. I remember a game when Scott Fontaine or Steve Mccombe against Crystal palace scored in stoppage time and it was on TV. 

Anyway, after that from season to season i cared more and more about this team and yes, I may be not on the stadium and maybe I am not a real supporter like you are guys, but when your hands are shaking and you have gosebumps and your heart goes out of your chest... for sure you have feelings about this team and you can be called a supporter of that team.

Now this win made me go back to my football manager carrer with bristol city where in the second season as manager i finished second in premier league haha, I love english football, dont know why but I feel like is the home of  football.

Archived