IGNORED

Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion Match Day 40

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Haha you wouldn’t love Frankie back. Wow 

Some precious fans on here tonight. Who gives a F what the commentator says 

Yep, id take Frankie back but I'd prefer Niki.

As for precious, more tongue in cheek, as if I was gonna switch off that game because of the commentating, even if it was ridiculously biased.

What a win,  onwards & upwards......let's win em all & take an automatic spot.......or something.

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

To be fair....and this isn't a criticism off us, but we were lucky tonight. First 20 minutes we just blew them away ....we were brilliant . And to be fair we were brilliant all game in one way or another....

But let's be brutally honest....to a man, they are superior to us in pretty much every department 

Enjoy tonight though. Great game 

Can't agree with that.

Our defenders are better - they are crap in defence, their forwards are keeping them with an interest in the playoffs but I can't see them getting through.

And we wanted it more than them, more together than them.

They have a better squad on paper but they don't necessarily have a better team on grass.

Well, my missus was a football virgin until tonight and she couldn’t have picked a more entertaining game to come to. Had to tell her that it’s not like that every week, especially the first 20 minutes. 

We held on in the end and the players looked tired, but to to win against an ex prem outfit was a good result.

If Jay’s shot had gone in we might have been able to breathe a bit easier, but the missus enjoyed it and she said she’d go again.

Her ex was a staunch Gashead too, so it makes it even more sweeter ?

12 minutes ago, Mihai said:

My father was betting ocasionally and I was watching league tables cause I love football, since I was born. Back then City were in the third league in that fight with Schuntorphe for the two places. Notts was strong enough too, and I knew their story about 1978-1981 and first i put my eyes on them and i asked my dad to do some bets for me and I won some good money. Butttttt, City had a very nice run and i was betting every matchday on them and other teams from England and just like that I started to search for info about every player and I started to be a bit happy for every win, and after that you know.... that great championship start with Lee Trundle, it was a black stricker Byfield or something that and Michael McIndoe which was nice to watch sometimes cause streaming back then was .... unavailable. I remember a game when Scott Fontaine or Steve Mccombe against Crystal palace scored in stoppage time and it was on TV. 

Anyway, after that from season to season i cared more and more about this team and yes, I may be not on the stadium and maybe I am not a real supporter like you are guys, but when your hands are shaking and you have gosebumps and your heart goes out of your chest... for sure you have feelings about this team and you can be called a supporter of that team.

Now this win made me go back to my football manager carrer with bristol city where in the second season as manager i finished second in premier league haha, I love english football, dont know why but I feel like is the home of  football.

Fericire intamplare norocoasa  Mihai   [Hope thats correct?]

22 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

To be fair....and this isn't a criticism off us, but we were lucky tonight. First 20 minutes we just blew them away ....we were brilliant . And to be fair we were brilliant all game in one way or another....

But let's be brutally honest....to a man, they are superior to us in pretty much every department 

Why were we lucky?

Do you mean when da Silva hit the post or when Elisson megged the keeper st the back stick but it trickles wide, it when Kalas’ header was just about palmed over?

We weren’t lucky mate.

6 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Well, my missus was a football virgin until tonight and she couldn’t have picked a more entertaining game to come to. Had to tell her that it’s not like that every week, especially the first 20 minutes. 

We held on in the end and the players looked tired, but to to win against an ex prem outfit was a good result.

If Jay’s shot had gone in we might have been able to breathe a bit easier, but the missus enjoyed it and she said she’d go again.

...............but could you?

Game girl!

19 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Sorry mate but take out Gayle and to a lesser extent Rodriguez and I think they are quite ordinary.Our defence over theirs and even their midfield struggled first half when we blew them away. If Gayle played for us he would be on 25+ by now and I would prefer Fam to Jrod as well.

Just now, maxjak said:

Fericire intamplare norocoasa  Mihai   [Hope thats correct?]

Google translate mostly sucks, but I totally understand you. Anyway, when I will come to England the accent from that region is it quite easy to understand or is like in Liverpool.

26 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We’re you at the game?

They were shite at the back. Da Silva and Eliasson did what they liked.

They have some great players going forward, but this was not Wolves, who, let’s be fair, looked an absolute cut above all over.

25 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Max is 22 years old isn't he ?

I know goalies go on longer than other positions but he ain't a youth, and I suspect whilst he will improve.his style of play won't change, rather like Frankie, who is a great shot stopper but has no command of the box.

Even so, he's the best we have available and deserves our full backing whilst he holds the shirt.

Has my ?% backing whilst he holds the shirt, i know he will work his socks off (this is a massive opportunity for him)  I suppose I see him as youth for his lack of games. I know we have 2 other quality keepers but I can't help feeling this might catch us out..Oscar ustair is a free agent and available now plenty of experience previously at Sunderland I believe. 

Phew. I thought once they’d scored their second it would be another game where we were going to throw away the points. We were superb in the first half against a shambolic WBA defence. In the second half we had a couple of chances but didn’t give them enough to think about in their half. In the end our players showed guts and determination to hold out. Overall a great win and a very welcome three points. 

Having not watched city week in and week out, I thought that was a decent performance at this stage of the season. Does hunt go forward and provide an out on the right hand flank moreso than Pisano? I only ask as this is where I thought some momentum was lost and the attack broke down in the 2nd half. Huge result tonight well done You Reds. 

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

We’re you at the game?

They were shite at the back. Da Silva and Eliasson did what they liked.

They have some great players going forward, but this was not Wolves, who, let’s be fair, looked an absolute cut above all over.

I was and if was a very good game 

They had lots of possession. We caught them cold first 20 and were excellent. They grew into the game though and could have got something out of it 

It could even have been 7-7

8 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Google translate mostly sucks, but I totally understand you. Anyway, when I will come to England the accent from that region is it quite easy to understand or is like in Liverpool.

Have a couple of glasses of cider.....and you'll understand everything!!

Couple observations

i see the bbc report gave us 39% and Albion 61% have not seen stats like that for a while at the Gate, normally us having lions share of the ball. Yet they gave away almost twice as many free kicks as us , strange.

also fair play to Dwight Gayle. Got some stick, was it because he dismissed us out of hand a few years back when we put in a bid?  But end of game went to every City player and also went over to Max and exchanged a few words, looked like he congratulated him for being a young keeper and having a decent game.  Would love a Gayle in our colours 

great game looking good 

9 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Derby fans forum holy shit  this is why i love football?

Some of them are a bit dim about us aren’t they! ; ‘Why?  Lee Johnson went straight from player to manager at a championship club .’  

Was it just me or did anyone else feel pessimistic at HT? All around were very confident that we’d already won! I said to the guy next to me that WBA have some of the best players which pull other players away from the ball to create gaps on the park and that’s what they did second half. City first half were very impressive but I have to give credit to WBA for their second half performance, a very dangerous side when wounded. Great win ?

3 minutes ago, Make a Sub said:

Was it just me or did anyone else feel pessimistic at HT? All around were very confident that we’d already won! I said to the guy next to me that WBA have some of the best players which pull other players away from the ball to create gaps on the park and that’s what they did second half. City first half were very impressive but I have to give credit to WBA for their second half performance, a very dangerous side when wounded. Great win ?

With you, I was saying, well that should cement at least a point tonight now.

Archived