IGNORED

Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion Match Day 40

Septic Peg

40 minutes ago, erndogz said:

Having not watched city week in and week out, I thought that was a decent performance at this stage of the season. Does hunt go forward and provide an out on the right hand flank moreso than Pisano? I only ask as this is where I thought some momentum was lost and the attack broke down in the 2nd half. Huge result tonight well done You Reds. 

Totally agree, lost something when Hunt went off but fully get why LJ did so and it was the right call

21 minutes ago, Make a Sub said:

Was it just me or did anyone else feel pessimistic at HT? All around were very confident that we’d already won! I said to the guy next to me that WBA have some of the best players which pull other players away from the ball to create gaps on the park and that’s what they did second half. City first half were very impressive but I have to give credit to WBA for their second half performance, a very dangerous side when wounded. Great win ?

I wasn't really confident but I generally put on a brave face. I'll only relax at 3-0 when it's physically impossible  to score that many in the added time remaining. A couple of times after their second goal I caught myself trying to avoid watching their corners/free kicks and had a word.

Tonight was one of those days you treasure. The start, the team spirit, the lack of ego, the immense crowd - especially when lifting the team in the final minutes - the quality, the players geeing up the crowd, the joy the players all showed at the result, the selflessness, loan players clearly feeling as part of it as permanent signings, Johnson finally showing he HAS got it....but most of all, Fammy. Fammy and his totally love for the club, for his getting the crowd going in the final moments and for playing maybe the fourth or fifth game in a row at a level that says 'I AM good enough.'

Tonight was one of those days you treasure. Get something at Villa and beat Reading and it may be time to start believing.

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

We’re you at the game?

They were shite at the back. Da Silva and Eliasson did what they liked.

They have some great players going forward, but this was not Wolves, who, let’s be fair, looked an absolute cut above all over.

This.

Strikers to win the league, defenders to get relegated.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

From 3-2 we actually managed that quite well I thought. 

DaSilva was mint. And Fammy, what a shift that was.

yes we suddenly realised were not actually a bad side and deserved to be winning, long may they continue to believe in themselves.

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

We are Bristol City and we NEVER make it easy! Stunning result in the end. I need the rest of my holiday here in Barbados to recover from that!

As I posted elsewhere I came across a place here called Speightstown which is known as Little Bristol, but given the local bars decor I could not watch the game there! Off now to enjoy rum punch ++++

B3110947-A43C-4CD5-8FEF-2895572FB7E2.jpeg

Probably best you didn't watch the second half no amount of rum would have prepared you for that, happy days though enjoy the sun !!!

3 hours ago, Mihai said:

Yessssssss. Great game Da silva, great game fammy, great game webster.

My fingers are still shaking. I am happy. Nice derby to lose bad boro to win but we have one game in hand. Damn, with the two points from last matchday we will had been so comfortable 7 points in front. We still great, if we win at Villa which is hard, we make 100% the playoffs.

Thanks for this great game, finally i see on tv a great game and I look forward to buy a fly ticket and a ticket for a game in Premier League next year. Who knows, maybe this is our year.

Greetings from Romania, guys. I ll be tired for work tomorrow but it is Worthing.

WORTH IT, MIHAI, HA! HA! WORTH IT, bless you, your English is 100% better than my Romanian.

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

Why were we lucky?

Do you mean when da Silva hit the post or when Elisson megged the keeper st the back stick but it trickles wide, it when Kalas’ header was just about palmed over?

We weren’t lucky mate.

I agree with this.

Yes O'Leary made 2 great saves with his feet, but as you rightly point out the Da Silva, Eliasson chances both really close. Had forgotten about the Kalas header but yes that too!

We also won despite replacing Hunt after 26 mins with a more conservative, ring rusty Pisano.

Necessary though the substitution was, it cost us an important attacking outlet which affected our game plan for while.

Yeah 2nd half was tough and the win was hard earned perhaps, but people shouldn't have any doubts- because rightly earned it was!

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

I was about to say that avoiding defeat to Villa and Derby could be enough, but then this is Bristol City so we could beat Vill and Derby and still cock it up.

Looking back to before the international break who would have though we would come away with wins from Sheff U Boro and West Brom. ?

If most were honest nobody, which is why we all love football so much and long may they continue to surprise us. (city that is).

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Well, my missus was a football virgin until tonight and she couldn’t have picked a more entertaining game to come to. Had to tell her that it’s not like that every week, especially the first 20 minutes. 

We held on in the end and the players looked tired, but to to win against an ex prem outfit was a good result.

If Jay’s shot had gone in we might have been able to breathe a bit easier, but the missus enjoyed it and she said she’d go again.

Her ex was a staunch Gashead too, so it makes it even more sweeter ?

But being city it's usually like that for the last twenty minutes, and being a virgin( football wise) being battered for the last 20 minutes is probably something you might have to explain to her!!! and as for her going again are you sure you're up to it HA! HA! 

3 hours ago, CityCiderEd said:

Sorry mate but take out Gayle and to a lesser extent Rodriguez and I think they are quite ordinary.Our defence over theirs and even their midfield struggled first half when we blew them away. If Gayle played for us he would be on 25+ by now and I would prefer Fam to Jrod as well.

Hopefully at the end of the season he's regretting not joining us, a dish best served cold?

14 hours ago, pillred said:

Hopefully at the end of the season he's regretting not joining us, a dish best served cold?

Gayle was never remotely interested in coming here. Paper talk and a bit of PR to make it look like we were still trying to sign  a proven striker.

Andre Gray was the one who was lined up to come here, until the deal was renegotiated into not happening.

18 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

To be fair....and this isn't a criticism off us, but we were lucky tonight. First 20 minutes we just blew them away ....we were brilliant . And to be fair we were brilliant all game in one way or another....

But let's be brutally honest....to a man, they are superior to us in pretty much every department 

Enjoy tonight though. Great game 

Apart from scoring goals you mean.................

Archived