IGNORED

Rate the Players

And Its Smith

2 minutes ago, Just8 said:

You're not wrong, when you see how brownhill and cod have filled out a bit and how it's benefited their game, you question why pato and Eliason can't. 

Eliasson has filled out a huge amount since last season, but still a way to go...certainly stronger than pato though

Confused with the criticism of Elliason. Yes he lacks consistency that often comes with young players, but his crossing ability gives city much needed cutting edge, something often lamented on otib. 

The way he feints and then puts those left footed crosses in from the right flank...It's one of those things some players do, where you know what he'll do, but if he pulls it off it essentially becomes impossible to defend. Certainly something I want in a City team

Max - 7 - made a good save from Gayle in the first half. Flapped at a few crosses.

Hunt - 7 - great header for the goal before coming off. Gave away some silly fouls.

Kalas - 8 - class.

Baker - 7 - had a good game against a tough pair of centre forwards.

Dasilva - 9 - hope we sign him and gutted he didn't score. 

Webster - 8 - excellent AGAIN and looked more than comfortable in CM.

Josh - 7 - much better than recent weeks from him tonight. Took his goal well.

Pack - 7 - pressed well and won his share of 50/50s. 

Eliasson - 8 - constant threat and pressed so well. Really like this lad and arguably our most talented player.

Weimann - 7 - ran himself into the ground again and good finish for his goal.

Fam - 8 - excellent tonight like on Saturday. Looks really up for the fight. Gets a lot of criticism but our best striker and one we need for this scrap.

Some brilliant individual performances tonight and an outstanding team performance. Special mentions to Fam, Webster, Da Silva and Kalas. Some of the best shifts I’ve seen in 50 odd years. Weimann was superb in the first half too. 

Got used to not winning easy now following City but thought the second half subs could have been made 10 minutes earlier to ease the pressure. 

Minor gripe though as we won. 

Exhausted. 

1 hour ago, firstdivision said:

8 for Eliasson? A bloke that misses three sitters, scuffs two crosses from great positions, gives the ball away in positions that leave us exposed to counter. Nice left foot but little nous and so wasteful.

We really should have scored at least six against a team that can attack but not defend. I’m elated we won but please don’t get caught up in the emotion of it - an 8 for Eliasson. Hilarious. 

He put in a good shift and more importantly he is improving despite getting very little game time, he has a brilliant future! Especially in a cohesive attacking formation 

7 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

10 out of 10 for the lot.

Hit a run of form now that gives us a super chance of top two. A few blips here and there but collectively and individually superb.

Did we get on telly? ?

I consider myself an optimist...........but 14 points from 2nd with 6 games to go?, yer right wer'e certs for top two....??

1 hour ago, DownendRed97 said:

Eliasson has filled out a huge amount since last season, but still a way to go...certainly stronger than pato though

Our cat is stronger than Pato!

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

I like Max hes still young but a little bit flappy tonight on crosses but great shot stopper

He needs to get experience somewhere on loan. The injuries to Maenpaa and Frankie has dropped him in the deep end and it shows tbh.

He pulled off a couple of saves but he did flap on several occasions and appeared glued to the goal line. He also needs time to fill out to enable him to cope with the physicality of the opposition and give him confidence to come off his line.

He's doing ok for a young keeper dropped into the deep end and this experience will stand him in good stead but we really need Maenpaa back asap.

24 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Our cat is stronger than Pato!

Right call to drop Paterson. He is such a frustrating player, and so easily knocked off the ball. Less lightweight, more flyweight! I would rather have Eliasson, especially for his crossing and always wanting to beat his man, although he needs to learn some composure around the goal. That thump across goal towards Row Z of the Dolman near the end, when a ball along the ground into the 6 yard box would have caused WBA all sorts of trouble, was just awful.

If Fielding put in a performance last night like Max's, no way would be seeing ratings of 8s and 9s for him.

Missed almost everything he came for, made a couple of good saves though but no more than a 6 overall. 

Hunt 7

Kalas 7

Baker 7

Dasilva 9

Pack 7

Brownhill 8

Webster 8

Eliasson 7

Weimann 8

Diedhiou 8

Pisano 6

O'Leary- 7  Some superb saves, but too lightweight to claim the ball in a packed area

.Hunt - 7 Took his chance well. Very unlucky to get a card.

Kalas - 8 Just so dependable

Baker - 7  Great display after so long on the sidelines

Dasilva 9 If he could only finish, he'd be a new Bobby Reid

Webster - 9 A revelation! MOTM

Brownhill - 8 The more forward role the formation gave him suited him down to the ground

Pack - 8  End-to-end all action

Eliasson - 9 An absolute livewire

Weimann - 8 Superb display, but understandably tired. Felt the sub should've been earlier

Fam - 8  Still brimming with confidence, but again no goals and also looked tired second half

Pisano - 6 Looked a bit rusty   

Taylor 6 Did nothing wrong, but rarely a threat

11 hours ago, RedDave said:

Felt sick last ten minutes and could hardly watch. What a game of football.

Max 6 - shot saving was a 9 and coming off like was a 3 ! Tough on him as he is so young but surely the main worry now 
Hunt 7
Pisano 6
Kalas 9 - absolute rock. 
Baker 8 - fair play to him. Not played much and clearly fourth choice centre back but he was excellent 
Dasilva 9 - please sign him 
Webster 10 - I thought today that what would massively improve us would be a top holding midfielder. Seems like we already had one. Enjoy him while you can. England centre back sooner or later 
Pack 8 - much better than recently a bit further forward
Brownhill 7
Weimann 9 - tireless and incredible 
Elliason 8 - delivery amazing and very sharp 
Diedhiou 9 - nearly a 10 but didn’t score. World class display 

Very harsh on O’Leary kept us in the game and therefore deserves a lot higher. Brownhill maybe a bit higher aswell. Other than that pretty spot on 

11 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Brownhill only a 7? Ok then, take it you didn't watch the game. He was everywhere, not to mention scoring one and an assist on another!

I watched the game. Obviously. No need to be flippant. Maybe it should be an 8. Didnt think he was great in possession. But you are probably right overall as he did score. 

10 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

He needs to get experience somewhere on loan. The injuries to Maenpaa and Frankie has dropped him in the deep end and it shows tbh.

He pulled off a couple of saves but he did flap on several occasions and appeared glued to the goal line. He also needs time to fill out to enable him to cope with the physicality of the opposition and give him confidence to come off his line.

He's doing ok for a young keeper dropped into the deep end and this experience will stand him in good stead but we really need Maenpaa back asap.

Agreed not to mention suddenly having to play twice a week in high profile matches.

I would be immensely proud if he was my son. 

Hopefully Nikki comes back soon. 

• Admin

Despite the calls for Eliasson to get stronger, he contested 16 duels last night (equal 4th highest on the pitch) and won 9 of them. That's a decent showing for me. 

Incidentally another City player shared his record of contesting 16 duels and winning 9 last night and he's now being talked up to representing England. 

For the record, Fam contested the most at 24, winning 10. 

Can't believe this is the same forum who have criticised the same players most of the season at home. It is so good to see such realistically high scores, they are all now super players at the top of our division

Maybe something to do with the coach as well because those 'taxi *****' of a few months ago have all left this site - horray and now we are exclusively supporting One Team - how incredible!! 

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 22:48, BRIAN WILSON said:

Sorry not carried away on emotion BUT Fam in true Spinal Tap fashion deserves 11 , his work rate and contribution to the team was simply superb and the best I've seen from a City front man for years

Agreed, think these ratings are just emotion. We did concede 2 at home, so I don't think everyone deserves 8s and 9s.

Max, although he made a couple of very good instinctive saves, flapped soooo much, its a huge worry. Im not trying to bring him down, he is young and will improve but it is a major weak point and would not warrant an 8 or anything from that performance ?

Archived