IGNORED

Jay Dasilva

WSMRobin

I keep saying it....has the best touch I’ve seen from a City defender at Ashton Gate.  Plays with his head up, because he trusts his first touch.

I fear other clubs may usurp us on this showing.

Not sure if we have first refusal, but you can bet your bottom dollar, LJ will be driving to Jay’s parents if he needs to get him to sign.  

Would be a helluva coup to get an England u21.  That is the reality of the situation.  

That drive through midfield which resulted in him hitting the post was magic, he's a class player who's only going to get better.

RE: Dasilva v Bryan, I think JB played a more thoughtful game, whereas JD is all instinct and energy. I always said that Bryan should have played in central midfield- on the left side of a 3 I think he could have been brilliant. But overall, I think I'd take Dasilva; as much as I loved Joe when he was here

I think the fee (£2m ?) was partly due to his stature Major , Prem teams seem obsessed with big, powerful , athletic players . 
Last night I thought all parts of his game came together, great touch, willing runner , vision and positioning , even got an assist with his "wrong" foot. I hope they are really working on getting his signature sorted out, I imagine there would be a decent sized queue to get him. 

24 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Stats aren't everything but this graph shows just how well he's doing. Disregarding crosses and set pieces he's one of the best in the league for influencing games high up the pitch.

Screenshot_20190410-171548.png

Shows the complete difference in style with LK 

5 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

He doesn't half win a lot of headers for a little fella.

Peter Crouch - good touch for a big bloke

Jay Dasilva - good in the air for a littl’un 

24 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Stats aren't everything but this graph shows just how well he's doing. Disregarding crosses and set pieces he's one of the best in the league for influencing games high up the pitch.

Screenshot_20190410-171548.png

I follow this guy too....produces some good stuff....the ballplaying CB set of graphs was great...and picked out Webster amongst others.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

ballplaying CB set of graphs was great

ooooohhhhhh I love a ball-playing CB.

Edit: Just read it. Jesus how good is Webster. He's good on stats, then you watch him and he rampages forward like some sort of elegant gazelle with boots on. Love it, love the libero style, so happy it is Bristol City that he wears on his chest.

14 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

When he made his debut for us I was seriously concerned over his stature . 

He looked like a mascot .

He is very good , quick feet , brave , aggressive and with a nice delivery on him .

Let’s hope he stays .

I thought he was a ball boy ....

Let’s all remember Mark Ashton’s words that a deal has been agreed with Chelsea and unless we are gazumpted in the salary department he will be a BCFC player.  Evident to most of us he is enjoying his time here.  Scale of 1 to 10 he will be here next season,  a 7 or 8 ? I reckon. 

8 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Let’s all remember Mark Ashton’s words that a deal has been agreed with Chelsea and unless we are gazumpted in the salary department he will be a BCFC player.  Evident to most of us he is enjoying his time here.  Scale of 1 to 10 he will be here next season,  a 7 or 8 ? I reckon. 

Can see him him getting better offers than us to be honest, the fee being agreed means very little really.

47 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Can see him him getting better offers than us to be honest, the fee being agreed means very little really.

Actually it does because what we don’t spend on the fee gives us more wriggle room for wages . 

Also I believe that SL must cut a little slack as LJ will start to get pissed off if every season his best players leave for higher wages.

If we really want to play with the big boys we need to pay the money.

Clearly FFP must be taken into account but a mix of more experienced but hungry players on competitive wages alongside some young’uns on decent money but getting game time is a budget that needs to be balanced to avoid slipping back .

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Actually it does because what we don’t spend on the fee gives us more wriggle room for wages . 

Also I believe that SL must cut a little slack as LJ will start to get pissed off if every season his best players leave for higher wages.

If we really want to play with the big boys we need to pay the money.

Clearly FFP must be taken into account but a mix of more experienced but hungry players on competitive wages alongside some young’uns on decent money but getting game time is a budget that needs to be balanced to avoid slipping back .

I have said this previously,if we don’t go up but do make the play-offs there could be a number of repercussions.

LJ will want to be backed next season and rightly so, if that doesn’t happen I think he will look more seriously at any offers that may come his way.

Making the play offs will make those offers more likely.

2 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

In our favour must be that he’s happy here, he fits in and he is playing. He might try his luck elsewhere but there is no guarantee that he will get all three but perhaps higher wages. Many people take a little less money for a better working life, and I’m sure footballers must do too sometimes.

31 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Chill out. I'm a fan of JDS but that statement is just hyperbole.

I’m a big Joe Bryan fan (hence the username...) but Jay is already a much better player, and he is 5 years younger. 

2 million would be at least a fifth of his real value in today’s market imo

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

A fifth ? 

You think his market value is ten million ?

Considering we got 6 million for Joe Bryan, who’s five years older, was in the last year of his contract and had never represented England at youth level whilst also not being as good a left back. 

Id say 10 million is pretty accurate in today’s game

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

A fifth ? 

You think his market value is ten million ?

An English player, at U21 level, from one of the top academies in the UK, with a standout season in the Championship for a promotion-chasing team.

£10m is steep, but fair, when a team is chasing promotion or is established in this league.

Archived