IGNORED

Adam Webster

SuperDziek

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The Premiership is the top division in Scotland .... it ain’t the name of the top division in England....

I think you got what he meant... 

I can really see Webster going to the likes of Everton or wolves next season if we do sell him, and for 15 million plus as well. 

He'll be an England player in 5 years

19 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Honestly , said to my mate Saturday he could play in midfield. Adam hoddle Webster . 

All  of them outstanding tonight 

What I'm not getting tho, is if Webster was outstanding, Baker had a good game and Dasilva played brilliantly (which he did), why did we concede two weak goals, and nearly more?

6 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

What I'm not getting tho, is if Webster was outstanding, Baker had a good game and Dasilva played brilliantly (which he did), why did we concede two weak goals, and nearly more?

All teams can and do concede goals that they could have prevented and that happened to us tonight.

Gayle got between two defenders which he’s excellent at and headed in  but it was the quality ball in that should have been headed out.

The second goal was an unlucky drop for City and that can happen to any defence. 

Not necessarily ‘weak’ as you put it. Just a combination of a quality cross and an unfortunate drop of the ball.

38 minutes ago, city1983 said:

£6m for joe Bryn, and bring Dasilva in on loan?

Not even close to as good a deal. Nothing against Da Silva, but he’s not our player. In Webster’s case we now have a player worth an awful lot more than we paid for him.

I would also say Webster is a better player than Flint. I think it’s less clear cut that Da Silva is an upgrade on Bryan.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not even close to as good a deal. Nothing against Da Silva, but he’s not our player. In Webster’s case we now have a player worth an awful lot more than we paid for him.

I would also say Webster is a better player than Flint. I think it’s less clear cut that Da Silva is an upgrade on Bryan.

I don’t - Dasilva everyday of the week for me 

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Considering what we received for Bryan and the potential fee for JDS, I think we've got the better deal.

18 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Because they’re a very good side with proven prem players . Ffs enjoy it ?

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

All teams can and do concede goals that they could have prevented and that happened to us tonight.

Gayle got between two defenders which he’s excellent at and headed in  but it was the quality ball in that should have been headed out.

The second goal was an unlucky drop for City and that can happen to any defence. 

Not necessarily ‘weak’ as you put it. Just a combination of a quality cross and an unfortunate drop of the ball.

Fair points

37 minutes ago, krxs97 said:

Considering what we received for Bryan and the potential fee for JDS, I think we've got the better deal.

I would tend to agree.

Joe used to go missing in some games; I cannot recall Jay ever go missing when he has been selected.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Flint out, Webster in plus £5m(?) in the bank.

Has there ever been a better bit of business by the club? Genuine question. I can’t think of anything.

Webster Fee could rise from £3.5m to £8.0m (plus sell-on)....still great business for a 24 year old.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Webenbauer? 

He's awesome. 

Beckenbaker sounds better

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I have to say, I thought Baker had a decent game as well.

He did....right on it tonight.  Kalas really worked hard to get us high up the pitch....you could see him driving us up the pitch.  Enabled us to press, and have smaller gaps back-to-front.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Played exactly how I imagine LJ wanted Hegeler to be.

Fantastic game.

You been reading my tweets.

I thought that 15 minutes into the game, but daren’t post anything until h-t, in case his performance dropped off.  It didn’t.

Shame Hegeler didn’t work out....you can all see what a rangy ball-player with either foot can bring.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Webster Fee could rise from £3.5m to £8.0m (plus sell-on)....still great business for a 24 year old.

Beckenbaker sounds better

He did....right on it tonight.  Kalas really worked hard to get us high up the pitch....you could see him driving us up the pitch.  Enabled us to press, and have smaller gaps back-to-front.

You been reading my tweets.

I thought that 15 minutes into the game, but daren’t post anything until h-t, in case his performance dropped off.  It didn’t.

Shame Hegeler didn’t work out....you can all see what a rangy ball-player with either foot can bring.

Yeah but Webster has pace; Hegeler at full tilt looked like a middle aged lady running for a bus.

Just now, Oops said:

Yeah but Webster has pace; Hegeler at full tilt looked like a middle aged lady running for a bus.

Disagree....Hegeler was such an elegant runner he didn’t look quick.  Not sharp enough for a CMx2....but as a CB, no slouch.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Because they’re a very good side with proven prem players . Ffs enjoy it ?

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Both their goals were well rehearsed, well executed set pieces  - very hard to defend against that long high throw in or such an incisive free kick 

Archived