IGNORED

Simon Hooper

Ian M

• Admin

Wow. How nice was it to have a ref that didn't pander to the ex-Prem superstars? He even only added 3 minutes in second half, can we have him every week please? 

Best moment for me was when near the end Eliasson shoved their player in the back to get the ball in our left back area only to receive the same challenge seconds later and he gave us the decision! That sort of thing usually goes against us not for us! ?

Oh and he gave Fam some long deserved free kicks! ?

Though he booked Hunt at first instance yet Dawson pulled two of our players back and gave nothing.

Otherwise felt he had a good game and let it flow. 

I too thought he was a bit too reluctant to book their players after booking a Hunt so readily. But he did try to keep the game going by playing the advantage when some Ref’s would h ave been giving out free kicks and bookings. He did look like he was enjoying a great game of football which he had a part in creating. Too many stop starts against Wigan, we could never get the flow and purr we did last night going

9 hours ago, Ian M said:

Wow. How nice was it to have a ref that didn't pander to the ex-Prem superstars? He even only added 3 minutes in second half, can we have him every week please? 

Best moment for me was when near the end Eliasson shoved their player in the back to get the ball in our left back area only to receive the same challenge seconds later and he gave us the decision! That sort of thing usually goes against us not for us! ?

Oh and he gave Fam some long deserved free kicks! ?

The 4th Official added 3 minutes, Mr Hooper played 4! I thought he was pretty good though, especially compared to the general standard in the Championship in recent years

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He’s been a bit mixed for us in the past, but a league ahead of your Eltringham, Langford, Bankes, etc.

Was pretty good tonight.  That is a huge compliment.

How Peter Bankes is an actual, real-life EFL official I will never know.

Also, who was the ref from Saturday with interesting takes on the offside rule - namely it's role as an 'advantage' and free kicks for offside being taken within the defensive half. 

Been done to death I know, but for what is one of the biggest leagues in the world it is nothing short of shocking.

1 hour ago, chipdawg said:

The 4th Official added 3 minutes, Mr Hooper played 4! I thought he was pretty good though, especially compared to the general standard in the Championship in recent years

He was right to play 4, we made a sub (30 second at least) and Taylor did a nice bit of timewasting in the corner (30 seconds at least) ...stoppage time is always ‘a minimum of X mins’ not just ‘X mins and the ref must blow the whistle’

2 hours ago, devoncider said:

Also, who was the ref from Saturday with interesting takes on the offside rule - namely it's role as an 'advantage' and free kicks for offside being taken within the defensive half. 

That can be perfectly correct...

Q3: The Law now says that the IDFK for offside can be taken in the player’s own half but how can this be correct? 
It is correct because:

a player CAN NOT be in an offside POSITION in their own half

a player CAN commit an offside OFFENCE in their own half if they go back into their own half from an offside position 

http://theifab.com/laws/offside-2018/chapters/offside-faq-2018

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

That can be perfectly correct...

I stand corrected!

Still unsure how the advantage rule can apply if the player receiving the pass is immediately flagged offside. I spoke with a mate who refs (albeit at a Western league div 1 level) and he seemed as nonplussed as me.

15 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

What was also nice tonight was lack of feigning injuries. I don’t think the physio came on at all.

Entirely because they were losing convincingly for most of it (wba) and needed to get on with it. 

Archived