IGNORED

Playoff hunt

Make a Sub

Things are hotting up and if city and villa continue to play the way they are playing surely these two teams will be 5th and 6th. But!! Who do people fancy if one was to drop out? Looking at the remaining games and possible points being won you have to say Swansea are a good outside bet. 

7 minutes ago, Make a Sub said:

Things are hotting up and if city and villa continue to play the way they are playing surely these two teams will be 5th and 6th. But!! Who do people fancy if one was to drop out? Looking at the remaining games and possible points being won you have to say Swansea are a good outside bet. 

Swansea are too far back. 9 points behind us.

Hull is a good outside bet. If they win tonight they will be on 60 points, only 5 behind City, having played an extra game.  The last day of the season is Hull v City which would be interesting. Their current form is reasonable with 10 points from 6 matches. I hope they don’t pip City for promotion a second time!

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Hull is a good outside bet. If they win tonight they will be on 60 points, only 5 behind City, having played an extra game.  The last day of the season is Hull v City which would be interesting. Their current form is reasonable with 10 points from 6 matches. I hope they don’t pip City for promotion a second time!

Hull are in the same boat as Swansea, it would take a remarkable set of results for a number of teams for them to make the top 6

I know it's still close to call, but you'd have to fancy the top six to remain the same.  City are definitely good enough to stay top 6, and I don't see Villa slipping up.

Good news is, we are in form at just the right time, and have shown we can beat the teams in the play off places (hopefully we will do that again on Saturday).

25 minutes ago, Super said:

Swansea are too far back. 9 points behind us.

9pts with 18 available (Swansea to catch us) is far more attainable than 14pts (us to catch Leeds).

As giddy as I got 20 minutes in I recognised that HT score against Sunderland. And also that HT score against Leeds at Elland Road a couple of years back. Last night was the exception, thank god.

40 minutes ago, Make a Sub said:

Swansea have won their last three games scoring three in each.

Looking at their fixtures its possible that they'll do the same in the next three which could make it interesting.

I think Wednesday are the outside bet .

Boro are interesting. They have good fixtures, but even if they win 3, draw 1, lose 1, I think we 'only' need 6 points from 6 games to finish level them.

Derby have good fixtures too so our 6 pointer v them could be huge.

Was looking at this. If we only accumulate 6 points for the rest of the season(so 2 wins), the teams outside the playoffs would need 10-11 points from their remaining 5-6 matches. Doable for everyone for sure but it is pressure to perform the rest of the way. The win last night takes a bit of pressure off. 

Saturday, the teams below may want to see a draw keeping both us and Villa closer. Though a point might suit both sides too. Season may boil down to Reading and Derby at home. Beat Reading and don’t lose to Derby and things will look very bright. Plus only a win away from besting last seasons total!

16 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

IF we win 4 of our last 6 (tough but not beyond the realms of possibility) Derby would have to win all 6 to pip us, and nobody else could catch us. 

Basically it's in our hands.

A few games ago I would have shot you down as a fantasist for saying that but now I'll admit that literally anything seems to be possible this season.

24 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

9pts with 18 available (Swansea to catch us) is far more attainable than 14pts (us to catch Leeds).

As giddy as I got 20 minutes in I recognised that HT score against Sunderland. And also that HT score against Leeds at Elland Road a couple of years back. Last night was the exception, thank god.

I stuck a quid on the Baggies at 100-1 at half time just in case ?

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I would be amazed if hull made the playoffs looking at there remaining fixtures 

Archived