IGNORED

Team sheet anagrams

BS2 Red

That is indeed magnificent - well spotted!!!!

I didn't really want a post so early in my otib career to show me up as a pedant...

but I wanted to see how many people will have replied to point out it's an acrostic rather than an anagram between me posting this and getting mod approval for it to go up. And how stupid it would make me look!

Perhaps I'll just go back to looking not posting...

26 minutes ago, Try Again coatpile said:

I didn't really want a post so early in my otib career to show me up as a pedant...

but I wanted to see how many people will have replied to point out it's an acrostic rather than an anagram between me posting this and getting mod approval for it to go up. And how stupid it would make me look!

Every day is a school day, post away!

1 hour ago, Try Again coatpile said:

When I was posting the thread I thought "It's not really an anagram but I can't think of the damn word for what it is" and so just went with anagram. ;) 

2 hours ago, Try Again coatpile said:

Someone else to join in the (silent) campaign for better grammar and spelling on OTIB. Welcome!

35 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I always like a team that plays in purple and green.

CkVcTr8WUAEJ0Up.jpg

https://museumofjerseys.com/2016/10/10/paying-homage-to-streatham-rovers/

Here's their goalkeeper shirt; issued to mark the 27th anniversary of George Best's appearance on Wogan.

CoOro-4WEAApAvS.jpg

Sponsored by Herod Eviction Services ("here to help you kick 'em out") and playing in the Xtermin8 Rat Poison League. I love non-league football :laugh:

11 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

And if only Streatham Rovers were real 

Was wondering when someone was going to say it! It's not a real non-league football club, although they've produced a real shirt, it's completely made up, their Twitter feed for a number of years has been a work of epic satire, very dark humour and relentless trolling, they regularly try to get real footballing figures or the media to pick up on their stories, looks like they've hit the jackpot this time (I see this story was on Have I Got News For You too). If it's new to you, just go and read all the fine history of The Bill's Tosh Lines relationship with the club (he is named Taff Goose and is their manager).

https://museumofjerseys.com/2018/08/30/streatham-rovers/

19 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

And if only Streatham Rovers were real 

7 hours ago, Olé said:

Was wondering when someone was going to say it! It's not a real non-league football club, although they've produced a real shirt, it's completely made up, their Twitter feed for a number of years has been a work of epic satire, very dark humour and relentless trolling, they regularly try to get real footballing figures or the media to pick up on their stories, looks like they've hit the jackpot this time (I see this story was on Have I Got News For You too). If it's new to you, just go and read all the fine history of The Bill's Tosh Lines relationship with the club (he is named Taff Goose and is their manager).

https://museumofjerseys.com/2018/08/30/streatham-rovers/

Sony comment below, made in complete ignorance, was close to the truth!

On 10/04/2019 at 09:10, JamesBCFC said:

Looking at the names of some of the Streatham players, are we sure they aren't taking the piss too?

Archived