IGNORED

Season Tickets 2019/20 (Merged)

spudski

From the absolute joy and buzz of last night...to absolute despair this morning.

So I find a seat that I know is available to get as a season ticket for 2019/20.

Phone up this morning...apparently we aren't selling season tickets anymore.

They don't know when they will start selling again...and depends on how well we do in the league.

Rugby will be released first, with option of both rugby and football, and whatever's left will be opened up for release closer to next season.

I kid you not...that was the reply I got this morning.

Why is following this Club so damn difficult...

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

From the absolute joy and buzz of last night...to absolute despair this morning.

So I find a seat that I know is available to get as a season ticket for 2019/20.

Phone up this morning...apparently we aren't selling season tickets anymore.

They don't know when they will start selling again...and depends on how well we do in the league.

Rugby will be released first, with option of both rugby and football, and whatever's left will be opened up for release closer to next season.

I kid you not...that was the reply I got this morning.

Why is following this Club so damn difficult...

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

bit of backward thinking here surely it can be sorted. 

Whilst I agree with you that it is a bit silly to stop selling season tickets for a period of time, it was fairly well advertised that tickets would go off sale at a certain date, with stories almost daily, culminating in this article:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/advanced-season-card-sales-end-today/

However, as I said, it does make no sense at all to stop selling season tickets during the most exciting time of the season, when people are more likely to make a snap decision to purchase one.

Any idea why this happens @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO:dunno:

As far as tickets go, yes silly on one hand to take them off sale when they could attract new custom, but what’s the point of urging everyone to buy early at early bird prices and availability if just a couple of weeks later (perhaps with a clearer indication of League status) that a similar option is available again. There has to be some incentive or reward for buying early.

If you aren't prepare to commit before the well publicised deadline, expect to pay a lot more upon a successful run in.

I'm in that boat, just the way it is.

Edit: From a business perspective though probably best to have them back on sale now at higher prices until the start of May before the play offs. Then jack them up even more if we manage promotion.

6 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Went online to move my season ticket this morninv and bang off sale , only waited cause i wanted to move .

Classic city useless off the pitch as always.

For a money grabbing machine this makes no sense.

It was well advertised so it’s your fault not the club,

what you should of done is renew then ask to move when the general sale period hit

stop blaming the club for your own mistakes 

28 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Wouldn't happen in berols day

She'd have sorted her mates out and sod the rest!

The conditions and time limits were clearly stated on all documentation and this method has been used plenty of times before. It's done to pull in a large sum of cash before the end of the financial year, to ensure regular supporters don't have to pay an inflated price should the impossible happen. That we get promotion when prices will of course rise.

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

what you should of done is renew then ask to move when the general sale period hit

Tried that last season pal but the club couldnt facilitate a seat change so just renewed ,i wasnt prepared to do the same again .

Appreciate i missed the boat for the renewal discount but why stop selling them ? 

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Although Monkeh has gone in rather hard, he has a valid point.

The club have advertised the season ticket procedure for a good while and sent out lots of communication by post and email to all supporters earlier this year. Can't fault them in this aspect, they kept reminding me by email on an almost weekly basis.

44 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Wouldn't happen in berols day

Rovers have "Irene," who, like 40000 at Wembley and legions of fans in car parks desperate to get in but thwarted by the thousands that got there before them, is a product of the imagination. 

We have, or had, Berol, who, let us remember, stood, at Earl's Court, like Boudicca, between the ambushing Bushwackers and the frothing-at-the-mouth tearaways of CATS Coach No.1 determined to get off that coach and give the Cockley **** a fearful kicking/cowering on the floor in the aisle of the coach, trying to keep their match day programme from getting creased (it was one or the other). Berol was a product of reality/the club shop.

Rovers = "Irene" = not real

City = Berol = real

36 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Went online to move my season ticket this morninv and bang off sale , only waited cause i wanted to move .

They only advertised an 8hour time slot after the renewal deadline to move your seat. This was back in mid March. Don’t know why it is made so difficult. 

It wasn't that difficult to move seats. I managed it for our group this year. The hard part was actually getting through on the phone lines to begin with. Once connected, the chap I spoke to in the ticket office couldn't have been more helpful in facilitating.

Well published deadlines and plenty of ongoing reminders throughout the sales period. I find it hard to assign any blame to the club in this situation.

38 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Tried that last season pal but the club couldnt facilitate a seat change so just renewed ,i wasnt prepared to do the same again .

Appreciate i missed the boat for the renewal discount but why stop selling them ? 

To reward the loyal fans who will renew whatever league we are in. 

The prices will then go up at the e dkf the season if the miraculous happens and we go up

7 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It makes sense to have an early bird discount. But it also makes sense to continue selling, with no break, without that discount.

It’s prob more to do with updating the online aspect of selling the tickets,

they’d have to bring down the Bristol sport website for maintenance to do this,  

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

There was a well advertised day when your seat wasn't reserved any more, and anybody who wanted to move could. I did exactly that on the day, simple and easy.

I didn't renew and then move seat, I just bought my new seats on the appropriate day. The process was pretty clearly explained on the website and in emails.

Why wait until tickets aren't on sale at all to ask to move from a seat you haven't renewed?

They shouldn’t even be thinking about upping prices for next season if we are going up!

when most teams who get promoted their first seasons in the prem are the same ticket prices as the season before.

example is Huddersfield! £200 for a season ticket in the prem! I know they are a small club with a small stadium but it’s shiuldnt make a difference 

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

The day for moving seats was weeks ago! 18th March!

The deadline was always set and advertised. However, you’d think they’d make whatever price increase they are going to, for now at least, they could always be increased again st a later date, and get them available for sale whilst excitement is high. 

Archived