IGNORED

Season Tickets 2019/20 (Merged)

spudski

36 minutes ago, Sealy said:

They shouldn’t even be thinking about upping prices for next season if we are going up!

when most teams who get promoted their first seasons in the prem are the same ticket prices as the season before.

example is Huddersfield! £200 for a season ticket in the prem! I know they are a small club with a small stadium but it’s shiuldnt make a difference 

If you want premiership quality players then of course season tickets will go up. I don't think they will by much as the main cash injection is the premier league TV payments, but any extra money in to the club = More money to spend, it really is that simple.

I bet Huddersfield fans were thrilled when tickets were £200, bet they're not so thrilled now. 

6 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

That is the theory but it could backfire.

There will be people who would buy now in case we go up who might not if we are still in the championship.

People who want to see all the big teams from the Prem then and who don't want to watch City first and foremost no matter who we're playing.

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Tried that last season pal but the club couldnt facilitate a seat change so just renewed ,i wasnt prepared to do the same again .

Appreciate i missed the boat for the renewal discount but why stop selling them ? 

Swap it with your parking ticket ???

40 minutes ago, Chloe1992 said:

If you want premiership quality players then of course season tickets will go up. I don't think they will by much as the main cash injection is the premier league TV payments, but any extra money in to the club = More money to spend, it really is that simple.

I bet Huddersfield fans were thrilled when tickets were £200, bet they're not so thrilled now. 

£100m just for participating, is it really worth increasing season ticket prices? Say £125 on 5,000 season tickets extra, a measly £625k.

I'd look at POTD for extra revenue whilst trying to get as many season ticket holders as possible. The goodwill from not increasing and picking up extra season ticket holders - some of whom will stay as they get the bug - is worth more, in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

£100m just for participating, is it really worth increasing season ticket prices? Say £125 on 5,000 season tickets extra, a measly £625k.

I'd look at POTD for extra revenue whilst trying to get as many season ticket holders as possible. The goodwill from not increasing and picking up extra season ticket holders - some of whom will stay as they get the bug - is worth more, in my opinion. 

Fair point, it's just the whole get something for nothing attitude that bothers me. It's better quality games and therefore they'll likely put the prices up, and in my opinion as long as it's not a ridiculous increase that would be fair.

3 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

I took the plunge last week on the deadline day and bought two season tickets for next season - first time in 45 years of regular support..

One thing I won't miss is the crappy booking system which basically doesn't work using my PC (Win10 so hardly old).

That maybe a Microsoft edge issue (web browser) its a browser that’s so bad even Microsoft suggest you use google chrome 

Just now, Laner said:

People who want to see all the big teams from the Prem then and who don't want to watch City first and foremost no matter who we're playing.

Not necessarily.

If you pay on the day, as I do, you can pretty much get a ticket somewhere in the ground for most games. That will be different in the Prem where most games (if we do ok) will become a sell out. So the only way to be sure of watching City will be to get a ST.

For example, the only game I wanted to go to last year and couldn't was Man Utd. I wouldn't consider myself a plastic fan either as I did at least 10 home games and about the same away.

4 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Tried that last season pal but the club couldnt facilitate a seat change so just renewed ,i wasnt prepared to do the same again .

Appreciate i missed the boat for the renewal discount but why stop selling them ? 

There was an advertised window to move seats after renewal, I’m aware of people who did this with ease.

2 hours ago, Chloe1992 said:

Doesn’t matter. If we get promoted and only last season it will still be the best season in my lifetime

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

It makes sense to have an early bird discount. But it also makes sense to continue selling, with no break, without that discount.

THIS

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

It’s prob more to do with updating the online aspect of selling the tickets,

they’d have to bring down the Bristol sport website for maintenance to do this,  

The seats unsold would still be the same, so you would surely only need to change the pricing within the 'dashboard' (or whatever they call it) of the website, where you control your pricing and stock levels. That should take anyone with half a braincell about 2 minutes to update. So if anything it would only need to be offline for a 5 minutes tops to change and double check the pricing - or even just have a day offline in between earlybird and standard prices. Everything else will already be linked up to the website which is what we see and shouldn't need any maintenance at all.

To take the tickets offline is pure madness imo.

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

But it wasnt was it bs3 so yet again wasted post.

But if it was, you’d still have missed it. If you’d have done it in a 2 week window, why not do it in the 1 day window that was available..? 

I agree that 1 day seems crazy short, but it was what it was. It was also possible after that time, with what was left after general sales had started, but instead you waited until tickets had gone off sale. 

3 hours ago, Sealy said:

They shouldn’t even be thinking about upping prices for next season if we are going up!

when most teams who get promoted their first seasons in the prem are the same ticket prices as the season before.

example is Huddersfield! £200 for a season ticket in the prem! I know they are a small club with a small stadium but it’s shiuldnt make a difference 

You could buy a season ticket for next season for around £350 smackers, very cheap rate.

You needed to show loyalty and purchase by last week.

Those that didn't (myself included), tough shit we'll have to swallow whatever the club wanna charge and quite right too.

2 hours ago, Chloe1992 said:

Fair point, it's just the whole get something for nothing attitude that bothers me. It's better quality games and therefore they'll likely put the prices up, and in my opinion as long as it's not a ridiculous increase that would be fair.

5 less games, so even if they kept the price the same we would still be paying more per game.

19 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

You could buy a season ticket for next season for around £350 smackers, very cheap rate.

You needed to show loyalty and purchase by last week.

Those that didn't (myself included), tough shit we'll have to swallow whatever the club wanna charge and quite right too.

No, it isn't 'quite right too'.  BS treat the fans with utter contempt, time and time again as though we are the proles of Ancient Rome that the great and the not so good can ignore or not as they choose.

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

No, it isn't 'quite right too'.  BS treat the fans with utter contempt, time and time again as though we are the proles of Ancient Rome that the great and the not so good can ignore or not as they choose.

If you don't buy a ticket no matter what the league, you shouldn't benefit from the same cheap price as those that do.

9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

In what ways do you feel treated with contempt, by Bristol Sport, specifically..?

14 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Garbage!

36 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

What the **** are you on about,

how have they treated us with contempt?

theyve improved a hell of a lot this season compared to years gone by,

23 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Glad everyone else is happy with BS.  They must be doing something right.

I must be in a minority of one. Oh well, nothing new in that

Having our best season for over a decade (which was a one off season. Generally best season since the 70’s) with the biggest crowds for a generation, in a beautiful stadium. 

I’d say that was doing something right, yes. 

2 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

The guy has a full time job and only part of that is to reply to people moaning on here. 

Not entirely sure why you require stats but he seems to chip in when he has time and help people.

Interesting perspective. I don’t see people moaning at him, I see people asking the sort of question that would be good to answer both on here and other media platforms.

I would have thought a lot of the full time job would be looking on social media for fans concerns to raise and respond on - or have I misunderstood what fans liaison is?

Genuine question before the egg-plant brigade go in to overdrive - sad tits !!

Archived