IGNORED

Season Tickets 2019/20 (Merged)

spudski

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Surely that would still be fewer than 14,000 home tickets? Must have been more than 397 reds in attendance for a derby match?

I was there, we completely filled the open end behind the goal 4 thousand at least I reckon.

38 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

We not only have a single stand that holds almost the same as the entire capacity of their ground.

We've sold more season tickets in the first sales period than they will in 2 seasons.

#somethingaboutagap

Aren't they notoriously secretive about the number of season tickets they sell?

47 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Could seriously be looking at selling out season tickets. If that's the case, the club have to be looking at potential stadium expansion in the future (though aware of the difficulties). Madness and incredible progress for the club.

No chance, unless we get promoted.

On 10/04/2019 at 18:10, Ivorguy said:

No, it isn't 'quite right too'.  BS treat the fans with utter contempt, time and time again as though we are the proles of Ancient Rome that the great and the not so good can ignore or not as they choose.

I don't think the proletariat of Ancient Rome were treated with contempt.  I believe the Emperor and Senate took great care to keep them happy to prevent uprising.

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Surely that would still be fewer than 14,000 home tickets? Must have been more than 397 reds in attendance for a derby match?

Agreed. I would put it around three to four thousand City there on that cold, dark, glorious afternoon.

Perhaps even more than I'm guessing.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

I was there, we completely filled the open end behind the goal 4 thousand at least I reckon.

It was 6000 on the Muller in December '83. They packed us in tight, as many will recall (we were all slimmer back then, mind). And stories in the Evening Post in the week leading up to that game about City fans and forgeries and police efforts to combat this. 

Rovers would barely bring 3000 to Ashton Gate at that time (hence the term: Blue Few). They began to bring more when they started to win or not lose and were top of the table.

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

Well we've already sold over 14,000. Allowing for away attendances, and a percentage of POTD, we can't be that far away from selling them out already?!

Around 75% of the capacity it the are allowed to be sold as season tickets. That’s around 20,000. Last year we sold about 1000, over the summer. Maybe a play off finish might better the increase, but i i doubt 6000 will get season tickets, unless of course we get promoted 

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

Well we've already sold over 14,000. Allowing for away attendances, and a percentage of POTD, we can't be that far away from selling them out already?!

It’s a very good figure sold, to date, but we’d have to sell almost half as many again to sell out. 

Won’t happen, or even close, unless we got promoted. 

45 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Renewed our SCs a while ago when I thought I was getting 23 games from them.  Now it looks likely that they will only let me watch 19 ?

Cheeky barstewards! 

It’s like the newsagent who sold me a lottery ticket. I won, fair & square and when I went to collect my £1million prize they tried to fob me off by saying they didn’t have it in the till and I’d have to go to London to collect it..!

Well, I wasn’t being messed about like that, so I demanded a refund and got my pound back off them. I bet they weren’t laughing after that! 

#winner

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s a very good figure sold, to date, but we’d have to sell almost half as many again to sell out. 

Won’t happen, or even close, unless we got promoted. 

Is the threshold really as high as 20,000?!

Leeds' was 23,000 and they have a 37 odd thousand capacity stadium.

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

Is the threshold really as high as 20,000?!

Leeds' was 23,000 and they have a 37 odd thousand capacity stadium.

I’ve no idea, exactly. 

As someone else posted above, a very rough working out would be 

26.5k capacity, less 4.5k Atyeo stand 

Less 10% left available (league rules) 

Would leave somewhere around the 20k mark I should think. 

It might be a bit lower, once corporate, standing area reduction, and other things are taken into account, but then the home capacity might be a bit higher, as I’d guess if needed, we’d split the Atyeo stand ala Manchester games last season. 

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I thought in previous years the club had said they capped it at 16,000. That then allows the 4,000 (approx) maximum in the Atyeo, with another 6,000 or so available for members, director's seats, player guests, media, and POTD. You lose 1,000 or so through segregation.

Pretty sure we sold 16k ST for the season after the Play off final Vs Hull and the capacity then was only around 20k 

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’ve no idea, exactly. 

As someone else posted above, a very rough working out would be 

26.5k capacity, less 4.5k Atyeo stand 

Less 10% left available (league rules) 

Would leave somewhere around the 20k mark I should think. 

It might be a bit lower, once corporate, standing area reduction, and other things are taken into account, but then the home capacity might be a bit higher, as I’d guess if needed, we’d split the Atyeo stand ala Manchester games last season. 

Capacity is 27000 isn't it?

27000-4200 (for Atyeo), then x0.9 for league rules is 20520.

Agree that we won't sell all that unless we go up, and even then I'm not sure they will completely go.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Capacity is 27000 isn't it?

27000-4200 (for Atyeo), then x0.9 for league rules is 20520.

Agree that we won't sell all that unless we go up, and even then I'm not sure they will completely go.

Stadium capacity is just over 27k yes, but not for football. 

Hence the Manchester games being 26k something. 

Oh and I agree. If we went up then we’d sell out pretty much every game in the home areas, but not necessarily all/mostly via STH. 

Archived