IGNORED

It's our Cup Final, Saturday ....

Bristol Oil Services

8 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

..... the culmination of all we ever longed for, dreamed of, fantasised over.

No doubt the players are fitted for new suits. I haven't come across the hastily recorded singalong '45 but look forward to buying it in HMV. 

Get there in time for "Abide With Me" and sing yer hearts out for the lads.

"Villa Park, Villa Park; and we're all pissed off and we're going to Villa Park...." 

No it's not, ten polnts from our remaining matches gets the P/O spot, and our history does not exactly provide much optimism from then onwards

Win, draw or lose on Saturday, we fight on for those precious ten points. Get them and we qualify for a four team competition with the richest prize of all for the winner.

So if it goes tits up at Villa don,t get too down, win , lets party

COYRs

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Really?     :dunno:

The four clubs that are in the play offs all pray to reach the promised land - so  I refer to them the pray offs.

A large percentage of the country see themselves as atheists or agnostics.  I highly doubt many people pray over a football match.

Your use of ‘the promised land’ is also a little iffy, I don’t know any one that uses that term about the top division in the country?

How about trying Elysian Fields in future, at least go Greek for a change. 

12 minutes ago, INCRED said:

The most arrogant fans in this league, it would make my weekend if we did a job on them Saturday and came away with 3 points - I suggest LJ directs the team to take it in turns to kick Grealish all over the pitch 

Really?  Have you read some of the comments on here?

Apparently, apart from McGinn, you've got nothing to worry about and without Mings, you will score 3 or 4.

10 minutes ago, RumRed said:

A large percentage of the country see themselves as atheists or agnostics.  I highly doubt many people pray over a football match.

Your use of ‘the promised land’ is also a little iffy, I don’t know any one that uses that term about the top division in the country?

Acronyms - Premier League - PL. As we know there are huge financial rewards for getting there. PL - promised land.

I surprised you didn’t understand that.........:dunno:

17 minutes ago, RumRed said:

How about trying Elysian Fields in future, at least go Greek for a change. 

Well, you do now...

10 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Please, please, please join in with "You're only here to see the City". Arrogant bastards, the lot of them.

With another option being 'we're only here to beat the Villa'.  Though on timing,  not sure if this should be started after going one up or best left for when we have a two goal cushion?

2 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Not as comical as the reaction that it entices from people like you.

You are a classic example of a typical villa fan so far up yourself thinking you have the God given right to be in the premiership.

In reality next season you will be in a similar situation to your neighbours.

Nice to see you have sold out only there to watch the city?

4 hours ago, bakes said:

You are a classic example of a typical villa fan so far up yourself thinking you have the God given right to be in the premiership.

In reality next season you will be in a similar situation to your neighbours.

Nice to see you have sold out only there to watch the city?

No - You are a classic example of a small time, small thinking football fan.

In the 3 seasons that we've been in the Champ, we've been in the top 2 for a week.  How and why does anyone think we have a God given right to the PL?  I know it makes good reading to claim this (and I notice that little clubs in this division often say it about the bigger clubs).

The truth is that our fans expect us to be challenging every season.  On paper, we have the strongest squad in the division so the target has to be promotion.  That is not arrogant - It is being realistic.

The FFP thing is another myth that you all seem to think has been breached - You all forget that most of the spending has come from sales of players.  The club have worked closely with the EFL to ensure that we have remained within the parameters of FFP.

We sold out to watch Blackburn last game and we will sell out for Millwall as well next game - I think you'll find our fans are there to watch our own team, not the opposition.

The "Big day out" chant clearly winds people like you up.  I find that entertaining.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Acronyms - Premier League - PL. As we know there are huge financial rewards for getting there. PL - promised land.

I surprised you didn’t understand that.........:dunno:

PL is not actually an acronym,  it's an initialism ?

8 hours ago, INCRED said:

The most arrogant fans in this league, it would make my weekend if we did a job on them Saturday and came away with 3 points - I suggest LJ directs the team to take it in turns to kick Grealish all over the pitch 

I’m sure that’s a tactic that has worked well during his career. 

:disapointed2se:

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Really?     :dunno:

The four clubs that are in the play offs all pray to reach the promised land - so  I refer to them the pray offs.

Do they pray? Have you asked them? What if they’re not religious? I heard LJ said after Tuesdays game hopefully we will be lucky enough to cement a top 6 place. May you should call them the hope offs, or the luck offs? I’m not entirely sure you’ve thought this through.

10 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Do they pray? Have you asked them? What if they’re not religious? I heard LJ said after Tuesdays game hopefully we will be lucky enough to cement a top 6 place. May you should call them the hope offs, or the luck offs? I’m not entirely sure you’ve thought this through.

Lighten up RW...........:cool2:

On Talk Sport this morning they were talking about this game and they said when Villa win they’ll be guaranteed a play off spot on Saturday. On that basis if we were to win we would be two points clear of them with a game in hand. Feet up for the remaining league games!! The media love in for Villa and Derby is embarrassing 

8 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

Burton facilities for away fans are better than. villa park as an away day is absolutely crap 

Robin never argue with an idiot they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. ?

Archived