IGNORED

Matty Taylor wasting time

foghornred

5 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

As this thread isnt about MT in general but the one run to the corner, I will agree he did the right thing

Surely the bigger picture is anyone of the 15k who went to both games, Wigan and WBA, saw what the enormous difference between Sat (when he did nothing for 60mins) and therefore reduced the impact of our main striker, Fam, and then last night when Weimann was superb for an hour and released Fam to be MoM for the 4th consequtive game (when did that last happen)? 

Whilst I appreciate the MT song at  BS3, I believe all those who travel away every week, appreciate MT is a L1player whilst AW is a good Championship player who has already done enough for us to justify his costs. 

Hoping MT can pop in some important goals in the POs though

Nothing? Didn't he score and assist? Here's hoping he does " nothing " every week? 

Whether he is good enough is probably up for debate, however his attitude is ******* fantastic and makes up for any lack of quality. I'd rather have him in our squad than having to face him. 

6 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Nothing? Didn't he score and assist? Here's hoping he does " nothing " every week? 

Whether he is good enough is probably up for debate, however his attitude is ******* fantastic and makes up for any lack of quality. I'd rather have him in our squad than having to face him. 

Might wanna actually read what was said there. "Nothing for 60 mins"

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Christian Roberts was in a similar position at Mansfield once. Everyone screaming for him to go to the corner and secure the unlikely point we’d salvaged after being 4-2 down in the 86th minute. Did he ****! Screamer into the top corner to make it 5-4! 

To win the game.

That wasn’t the case on Tuesday. City were winning btw.....

I'm going to be controversial here and say holding the ball in the corner rarely works. A goal kick probably wastes as much time.

However, on this occasion it did- so well done Matty.

And, as others have said,  he didn't have much of a shot on.

In 2 minds here. Can see why he did it but expected him to shoot. I think hirst said he shot high and hard in the final as it would either go in or take ages to get the ball back.

At the time I thought there was someone in support that he could’ve passed to for a more straightforward shot, but I may have completely imagined that 

17 hours ago, WessexPest said:

I’d ban teams deliberately taking the ball to the corner and trying to prevent the other team getting the ball - it really isn’t in the spirit of the game at all.

About 25 years ago defenders were banned from endlessly passing the ball back to the goalkeeper to pick it up and I don’t think many yearn for a return to those days. 

Sit down, do a Sudoku and have a cup of tea.

Nurse will be along to untwist those knickers in a little while.

16 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

He's one of them strikers who doesn't know where the goal is, mate. Sadly. Why he never scores. People have been saying this on here since he come here. His movement is quality, mind. And he hates Rovers, don't forget. 

Well I’m sure he didn’t think that someone had moved it to the corner of the pitch . :blink:

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm going to be controversial here and say holding the ball in the corner rarely works. A goal kick probably wastes as much time.

However, on this occasion it did- so well done Matty.

And, as others have said,  he didn't have much of a shot on.

Depends on the outcome, if you are dispossessed and the ball stays in play, then no.

If you are dispossessed and the ball goes out then the time wasted then is extra.

Or you can do what Wilbs and Freeman did in LJ's first game and play keep ball in the corner for about minutes, the only time I've seen it pulled off to any great effect.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Depends on the outcome, if you are dispossessed and the ball stays in play, then no.

If you are dispossessed and the ball goes out then the time wasted then is extra.

Or you can do what Wilbs and Freeman did in LJ's first game and play keep ball in the corner for about minutes, the only time I've seen it pulled off to any great effect.

I remember one game this year when both Kelly and Dasilva tried to keep the ball in the corner and on both occasions were dispossessed and a counter attack ensued. 

What made it worse was it wasn't even extra time, but in the 80-90 minute zone and they had spurned opportunities to attack to try to hold the ball.

Can't remember our opponents unfortunately, but we were attacking the South Stand end and the failed attempts to keep the ball took place right in front of S82, so someone with a better memory than me can fill in the blanks.

It's a high-risk strategy in other words and we aren't particularly good at it.

In Taylor's case, it made sense though because A ) He didn't have  much of a shot on and was up there by himself and B ) It was in extra-time. 

19 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Only to those who think we only signed him to divert the bad news towards LJ, but imo he’s one of the most intelligent footballers at the club.

Archived