IGNORED

Parking

AshtonGreat

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

...is an absolute joke around Ashton Gate. Everywhere around the ground is permit holder only, with the exception of the cricket club, which is absolute daylight robbery at 10 quid a throw. The NCP is cheaper, and that's saying something.

It’s always been a nightmare trying to park around AG.

Im fortunate to be in a driving pool from Nailsea and we share the cost of the Ashton Park school. Dead handy!

I think there’s a waiting list tho.

9 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

...is an absolute joke around Ashton Gate. Everywhere around the ground is permit holder only, with the exception of the cricket club, which is absolute daylight robbery at 10 quid a throw. The NCP is cheaper, and that's saying something.

Whilst I agree that parking around Ashton Gate is pretty dire, it's patently untrue to say that everywhere around the ground is permit holder only. Anywhere this side of North Street is permit free. 

parking.png

11 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

It's ridiculous... especially as many of the roads are empty of cars. The 3 hour limit is also mental when paying. Means you have to be looking for parking at 2pm...as after 5 it's free. So everyone is looking for a space at the same time.

It's also had a massive effect on local business. Was speaking to an owner of a bar last night and he said they and others were all struggling because of it.

Something needs to be done as public transport just isn't feasible for many.

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It is weird that the people expect to be able to park very near the ground.  10 minute walk is quite nice.  I used Justpark when in a rush otherwise a nice stroll before and after the game. Lovely 

.....even the disabled and elderly?

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

A lot of spaces in the club carpark have been allocated to disabled drivers, AG bus services and P&R have improved greatly. Plans for multi storey carpark included in plans for arena.

And there's a massive car park less than half a mile away that no one is allowed to use. :grr:

14 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Depends what you mean by elderly.

This elderly person went out for a 20 mile bike ride this morning and an hour's walk with the dog this afternoon. ?

Ten minutes walk from the ground is no problem. Finding space to park though, can be difficult unless you get to the area around 2 to 1.5 hours before KO. Factor in the traffic for night games and it can be a problem.

Fortunately though, in most instances the elderly are retired, so can leave home whenever it suits them. :dancing2:

23 minutes ago, myol'man said:

A lot of spaces in the club carpark have been allocated to disabled drivers, AG bus services and P&R have improved greatly. Plans for multi storey carpark included in plans for arena.

And there's a massive car park less than half a mile away that no one is allowed to use. :grr:

The problem with disabled parking is there are more disabled supporters than there are parking spaces....meaning quite a few have to park on the street and as close as possible.

The P&R situation is diabolical 

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

No matter what time I get to the ground, an hour or 2 before KO or 5 mins before, if rushing from work, everytime I need to drive I park in exactly the same place, with loads of spaces, 5/10 min walk from the ground and it’s free. The only drawback is having to wait upto an hour after final whistle for the traffic to clear, but if you filter out slowly, pop in for a pint/coke etc and then wander over, it’s no hassle at all. 

21 minutes ago, harrys said:

Public transport to the ground is shocking and don’t even get me started on the shambles that is the park and ride

I was walking down winterstoke Rd after the game with all the buses lined up waiting thinking this is so much better than what it used to be but still not enough.

IMO they should make all roads permit holders only but make buses free, if no one drove directly to the ground the buses would get in and out easily this would make things better.

No matter what though you always have to contend with normal Bristol traffic. 

22 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

The problem with disabled parking is there are more disabled supporters than there are parking spaces....meaning quite a few have to park on the street and as close as possible.

The P&R situation is diabolical 

Maybe the club could arrange a designated drop off/pic up point for the less abled? 

7 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I was walking down winterstoke Rd after the game with all the buses lined up waiting thinking this is so much better than what it used to be but still not enough.

IMO they should make all roads permit holders only but make buses free, if no one drove directly to the ground the buses would get in and out easily this would make things better.

No matter what though you always have to contend with normal Bristol traffic. 

Me and a mate get the bris park and ride on Saturday games. Wigan was a prime example of it being a joke. Got out of the ground and a bus was leaving , fair enough it was full. There was roughly 100 people waiting for another bus which turned up about a half hour after. Luckily managed to get on it but there were lots of people still waiting . I’m pretty sure they would of been waiting quite a while , while the first bus retuned.

there is a bus lay-by . Now surely , it’s not difficult to have 3 buses waiting for every park and ride. In no time at all they’re full and on there way. They do have a trouble getting drivers , but just pay the overtime, they charge us a fiver , so they can afford it. 

Got to say, apart from the absence of any decent information about the service, AG6 was a dream last night.

Wont be bothering with the car again to access The Gate and that’s from someone who always has used private transport to get to the ground. 

Archived