IGNORED

Parking

AshtonGreat

3 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Park on the road in Long Ashton  and walk in. Takes 15 mins 

We always park in the Long Ashton Park and Ride Car park, then either get the metro bus to the ground if its raining or just leave the car and walk (never been queried doing that unlike say 4 or 5 years ago)...very easy

11 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Have you seen the congestion outside KFC after every game? It's absolute chaos.

As Ashton Road is closed for traffic post match, maybe the Marsh Road area outside of the new self storage place would be suitable as a drop off/pickup point?

9 minutes ago, myol'man said:

As Ashton Road is closed for traffic post match, maybe the Marsh Road area outside of the new self storage place would be suitable as a drop off/pickup point?

Would that work with so many away fans around.....especially troublesome ones?

Hopefully when Wickes gets developed there will be some extra provision for disabled fans and their carers.

Weekend I can understand people using organised parking as they may wish to turn up earlier and enjoy a couple drinks before the game for it to be worn off post game.

Night games, as others have said - so many permit zones ended that it just isn't an issue unless you're of the belief you can park outside the ground and walk in.

I'm surprised the scout hut doesn't open its gates for parking on match days to make some extra money. Well I think it is the scouts hut. You could get at least 30 cars in there for a fiver each or something. About 1 minute walk to the ground!

scouts hut.jpg

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

No idea why so many people have an issue. Can park within 10-15 mins walk of ground for free easily so you don't even need to get there early.

Yep, me too. And if you don't go too close to the ground, you don't have to put up with the traffic after. Yes, I know some people have mobility issues but most of the folks I see coming in and out don't.

17 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

...is an absolute joke around Ashton Gate. Everywhere around the ground is permit holder only, with the exception of the cricket club, which is absolute daylight robbery at 10 quid a throw. The NCP is cheaper, and that's saying something.

It's Bristol City Council for you, double yellow lines everywhere, pity they didn't do that up Wellington Crescent, 

15 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Depends what you mean by elderly.

This elderly person went out for a 20 mile bike ride this morning and an hour's walk with the dog this afternoon. ?

Ten minutes walk from the ground is no problem. Finding space to park though, can be difficult unless you get to the area around 2 to 1.5 hours before KO. Factor in the traffic for night games and it can be a problem.

Fortunately though, in most instances the elderly are retired, so can leave home whenever it suits them. :dancing2:

My Dad's 77 and rides 100+ miles a week. 

Except he's a Rovers fan, so it's not all good. 

14 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

I'm surprised the scout hut doesn't open its gates for parking on match days to make some extra money. Well I think it is the scouts hut. You could get at least 30 cars in there for a fiver each or something. About 1 minute walk to the ground!

scouts hut.jpg

I doubt they could get 30 plus cars in - especially when there's only about 12 marked bays in the photo.

Also I've parked there when it's used as a Poling Station and there's not much room to drive in or out.

31 minutes ago, Laner said:

I doubt they could get 30 plus cars in - especially when there's only about 12 marked bays in the photo.

Also I've parked there when it's used as a Poling Station and there's not much room to drive in or out.

If they charged £10 per game that's still £120 per game.....with a minimum of 23 (Championship) games per season.

With a few cup games on top, they could pull in around 3k.

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

If they charged £10 per game that's still £120 per game.....with a minimum of 23 (Championship) games per season.

And even more with the rugby.

Maybe the simple answer is the Scout group use the hut on Saturday afternoons?

3 minutes ago, Laner said:

And even more with the rugby.

Maybe the simple answer is the Scout group use the hut on Saturday afternoons?

Isn't there a Park and Ride nearby? ?

With Football, Rugby, Upfest and live bands etc. all using the stadium, the Scouts could rake in quite a bit of money.....and all 100% profit.

47 minutes ago, Laner said:

I parked at Leeds earlier this year and they filled every bit of space nose to tail completely filling every bit of space.

You had to wait to move until the cars in front had started to leave but it was 5 mins from ground at a £5. They must have got 5 times the number of cars than spaces in there. Nice little earner.

16 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

scouts hut.jpg

It is something I have spoken with them about, but it is used on Saturdays by a dance club and my daughter goes to Cubs there on Tuesday nights, so is not available then either.

42 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Buy a lot of sticks for the camp fire

5 hours ago, Undy English said:

Is the Long Ashton Park & Ride open for Tues night and Saturday games then? I heard ramblings somewhere that the Council decided to close it when City were playing.

Park and Ride Long Ashton  is open till 22.30 because that's when the last metro bus from town arrives, lots of people park just outside on the grass and near Dave LLoyd centre but we park inside and as said either hop on the bus if one is there or just walk out the gate, no issues. 

24 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Park and Ride Long Ashton  is open till 22.30 because that's when the last metro bus from town arrives, lots of people park just outside on the grass and near Dave LLoyd centre but we park inside and as said either hop on the bus if one is there or just walk out the gate, no issues. 

Very useful, thanks bud.

Is it also open on Saturdays do you know?

23 hours ago, spudski said:

It's ridiculous... especially as many of the roads are empty of cars. The 3 hour limit is also mental when paying. Means you have to be looking for parking at 2pm...as after 5 it's free. So everyone is looking for a space at the same time.

It's also had a massive effect on local business. Was speaking to an owner of a bar last night and he said they and others were all struggling because of it.

Something needs to be done as public transport just isn't feasible for many.

Use JustPark and you can rock up at 2:45 if you want.

2 hours ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

I parked at Leeds earlier this year and they filled every bit of space nose to tail completely filling every bit of space.

You had to wait to move until the cars in front had started to leave but it was 5 mins from ground at a £5. They must have got 5 times the number of cars than spaces in there. Nice little earner.

Parked at Leeds? Blimey I'm sure you can get closer to Ashton Gate than that! :whistle::innocent06:

22 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Depends what you mean by elderly.

This elderly person went out for a 20 mile bike ride this morning and an hour's walk with the dog this afternoon. ?

Ten minutes walk from the ground is no problem. Finding space to park though, can be difficult unless you get to the area around 2 to 1.5 hours before KO. Factor in the traffic for night games and it can be a problem.

Fortunately though, in most instances the elderly are retired, so can leave home whenever it suits them. :dancing2:

Over thirty I speck . 

Archived