IGNORED

WHAT HAPPEND

willy bedlock

2 minutes ago, Tammy JR said:

Where did the fast start, high pressing. Come from 1st 20 minster? ? And why have we not done this all season. When we play like that we could beat allmost  anyone??

From the 4-2-2-2 formation I reckon with the added cover of Webster as a DM. 

12 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

We do always seem to play at a higher tempo attacking the South Stand, which in most games is second half. I wonder if WBA won the toss and chose to change ends or whether it was our choice....

Attacking this stand end providing higher tempo has been said long before I became a fan in 1950, according to family

22 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

We do always seem to play at a higher tempo attacking the South Stand, which in most games is second half. I wonder if WBA won the toss and chose to change ends or whether it was our choice....

Apparently our choice

30 minutes ago, hollydog said:

We started so full of tempo last night that you assume it was planned so I ask myself why didn’t we do this in other home games?

LJ obviously had come up with the strategy of playing Webdini in the role that Pack usually plays allowing Pack to advance further up the pitch where he dispossessed the WBA player leading to the first goal. 

I imagine that all the coaching staff were aware of the slick passing that the Baggies are capable of and LJ came up with a very smart game plan to counter it.

I sure that when Shan saw the City line up he saw a regular 4-4-2. They wouldn’t  have expected anything different and were in for a surprise.

I guess the reason City haven’t  adopted  that style in other games is down to the opposition strengths.

No doubt our next opponents had scouts at the game and being live on Sky that change of formation won’t be lost on Villa so I doubt we’ll see the same at Villa Pk on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

LJ obviously had come up with the strategy of playing Webdini in the role that Pack usually plays allowing Pack to advance further up the pitch where he dispossessed the WBA player leading to the first goal. 

I imagine that all the coaching staff were aware of the slick passing that the Baggies are capable of and LJ came up with a very smart game plan to counter it.

I sure that when Shan saw the City line up he saw a regular 4-4-2. They wouldn’t  have expected anything different and were in for a surprise.

I guess the reason City haven’t  adopted  that style in other games is down to the opposition strengths.

No doubt our next opponents had scouts at the game and being live on Sky that change of formation won’t be lost on Villa so I doubt we’ll see the same at Villa Pk on Saturday.

They wouldn’t of expected 442 with three centre halves in the side and two full backs,  352 yes  

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They wouldn’t of expected 442 with three centre halves in the side and two full backs,  352 yes  

I reckon they thought that either Baker or Webdini would have played at full back with Dasilva as a WB.

That said - it doesn’t matter what they thought, they lost the game.........:rofl2br:

1 hour ago, Tammy JR said:

Where did the fast start, high pressing. Come from 1st 20 minster? ? And why have we not done this all season. When we play like that we could beat allmost  anyone??

It does make you wonder.

Attack is the best form of defence,

I'm adamant about that, and I certainly ain't sitting on de fence.

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A regular 4-4-2 with 3 CBs starting?

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Anyone got a break down of goals scored at the south stand end v atyeo end this season? Only recent goals we've scored at the atyeo end I can remember are v Bolton.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I reckon they thought that either Baker or Webdini would have played at full back with Dasilva as a WB.

That said - it doesn’t matter what they thought, they lost the game.........:rofl2br:

Exactly, Alan. They have a word for it in Russia; toughshitski.

25 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

It does make you wonder.

Attack is the best form of defence,

I'm adamant about that, and I certainly ain't sitting on de fence.

You're him?

Adam-Adamant-BBC-Gerald-Harper.thumb.jpg.21f621cbda6195767a45cedd18e22f3e.jpg

30 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They’re professional football coaches. Only a simpleton would think that :whistle: ?

That doesn’t mean a thing if your uber confident that you can beat the opposition.

You could call it under estimating the opposition.

5 hours ago, Tammy JR said:

Will have highlighted WBA like to play out from the back and are willing to take some risks doing so which we punished, commentators mentioned it wasn't the first time they've been caught out. Not every team tries to play out so the press doesn't work as more than a few will play out over the press. 

Archived