IGNORED

4th, 5th, or 6th?

Negan

1 hour ago, Bcfccity said:

I said exactly the same to the Mrs two days ago!

still so annoyed how the pundit on quest last night said “villa will be in the play offs”  hope he knows the lottery numbers aswell, he also said every team down to shef we’d can get in play offs??? Makes no sense if to his logic only 6th is to play for! A1 ****t

Some pundits really need to do their research, I know most of them are chancers or mates of the producers.............but Sheff W next two games are Leeds n' Norwich away, so they have virtually no chance of the play offs.  Derby and Boro' are the  obvious dangers. I was getting concerned about our former Nemesis Hull...........who've been on a  good run, until i saw they have Boro', WBA, Sheff U and Us coming up.I really believe we will make it, especially if we get something on Saturday at Villa.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Teams that are guaranteed playoff places with a couple/few games left will in all likelihood start resting players, look after any little niggling injuries, and have plenty of time to work on the little things that playing week in week out maybe gives you less time for (all small % items that mount up). This alone will be a huge factor, as going into the playoffs they will be fresher, had more prep and probably more relaxed. So I am hoping we can be one of those teams, and not chugging up to the playoffs out of breather, knackered with tired legs, little injuries, and little prep time.

Or psychologically easing off the gas and then being unable to get the level back when it’s needed most in the play offs.

29 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Some pundits really need to do their research, I know most of them are chancers or mates of the producers.............but Sheff W next two games are Leeds n' Norwich away, so they have virtually no chance of the play offs.  Derby and Boro' are the  obvious dangers. I was getting concerned about our former Nemesis Hull...........who've been on a  good run, until i saw they have Boro', WBA, Sheff U and Us coming up.I really believe we will make it, especially if we get something on Saturday at Villa.

I get what you're saying but i'm sure people thought the same about us before we knocked off wins at Sheffield United, Middlesbrough and home to West Brom.

Our last 5 games have yielded 11 points from a possible 15.

We've beaten 3 teams who were in the top 6 and drawn against 2 teams who were in the bottom 4. I don't think anything in this league can be predicted and the play-off race will see a few surprises over the next few weeks, for sure.

Whatever happens......Enjoy the ride !

24 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Our last 5 games have yielded 11 points from a possible 15.

We've beaten 3 teams who were in the top 6 and drawn against 2 teams who were in the bottom 4. I don't think anything in this league can be predicted and the play-off race will see a few surprises over the next few weeks, for sure.

Whatever happens......Enjoy the ride !

It is exactly this which makes the Championship what it is, as any team really can beat any other. 

We are in a great position. If we apply the old cliche of one game at a time, continue with our recent form and never forget this is Championship football and this is Bristol City FC, so anything can happen, let’s see where we end up.

22 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

It is exactly this which makes the Championship what it is, as any team really can beat any other. 

With the exception that Rotherham can't beat Villa in even the best circumstances ?

2 hours ago, MigratedRobin said:

Please ignore last post. The stats didn't show up!

Basically, over the last ten years in the Championship the 3rd place team was promoted 5 times. 4th place 1 time. 5th place 3 times. 6th place 1 time.

The 6th place usually goes up is a myth in the championship but not sure on the stats on lower leagues. Hoping Forest Green go up, a come down for Ipswich that would be.

7 hours ago, One Team said:

Said exactly the same to a mate last night.

The Blades won’t want us with our record against them and I don’t fancy Villa over two legs.

Villa at Wembley it’s anyones game and all the pressure would be on them as the ‘big club’.

That didn’t work out last time - we beat Hull both home and away that time but they got their revenge on that fateful day at Wembley. 

This thread is the definition of getting ahead of ourselves.

There are any number of permutations, the greatest of which is that we first of all need to get into the play offs. 

I would be happy take on Villa, West Brom, Leeds Sheff U, Boro, Derby or whoever, because it means we have got there, because you've got to be in it to win it!

22 minutes ago, downendcity said:

This thread is the definition of getting ahead of ourselves.

There are any number of permutations, the greatest of which is that we first of all need to get into the play offs. 

I would be happy take on Villa, West Brom, Leeds Sheff U, Boro, Derby or whoever, because it means we have got there, because you've got to be in it to win it!

Hallelujah Brother xx

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

What a story it would be for Johnson Jnr to go one better than Johnson Snr...

He's already won more Johnson Cups than his dad (3 versus 0), isn't that enough?

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Because the top 5 will be as they are now, only question is Leeds or Shef.U for 2nd.

Since you claim to know the future with such certainty, can you also confirm that you predicted we would beat Sheff Utd, Boro and WBA whilst drawing with Wigan in our last four games?

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Since you claim to know the future with such certainty, can you also confirm that you predicted we would beat Sheff Utd, Boro and WBA whilst drawing with Wigan in our last four games?

Not many would have got those results correct.

10 points from 12 was unbelievable.....and to think, it was nearly 12/12

We have 6 games left but 4 of them are away.

Under normal circumstances that would be a worry but given our away form of one loss in 10 (Norwich) with 7 wins in 10, its probably better that we have more away than at home and it stands us in good stead if/when we make the play offs. Mind you, the two home games being Reading (8th in the form league for last 4 away games) and Derby (23rd) we should pick up points at home anyway - six would be nice.

The last four games have really put us in control of our own destiny - shame about that late goal for Wigan.

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Thing with having a good record Vs Sheef U. I remember going to Cardiff in the PO’s many years ago, seem to remember we had a brilliant record against them, and I thought we were sure to get through. Lost 1-0, and 0-0 at home. It doesn’t really matter who we get, all though. Tough run to even get there , starting Saturday. 

Yeah, we beat them twice that season- and of course 3-1 in the Murray game. Augured well for the playoffs- alas...

Other random things from those few years of League One battles v Cardiff, the playoff semi first leg was ITV regional on a big screen in the Atyeo and the away game at Cardiff  n the League was- god knows how they got it past SAG etc- a 5.30pm kick off on Sky! Remember watching it in the Sports Bar.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah, we beat them twice that season- and of course 3-1 in the Murray game. Augured well for the playoffs- alas...

Other random things from those few years of League One battles v Cardiff, the playoff semi first leg was ITV regional on a big screen in the Atyeo and the away game at Cardiff  n the League was- god knows how they got it past SAG etc- a 5.30pm kick off on Sky! Remember watching it in the Sports Bar.

Was that Playoff game one of the first 'bubble games' ? 
I remember being bused into the carpark and had a Police Gard of honour into the ground.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Was that Playoff game one of the first 'bubble games' ? 
I remember being bused into the carpark and had a Police Gard of honour into the ground.

Never been to Cardiff away but maybe. Perhaps a result of the 5.30 there and the night game here- only guessing though!

I noticed they never repeated the 5.30pm kickoff for the Severnside derby...can only assume it had not gone so well at Ninian Park in December 2002. Indeed last season our game v them was initially pencilled in for 5.30pm IIRC.

Archived