IGNORED

Sad news for Coventry supporters

phantom

Never liked Cov but feel for the few genuine fans; we once toured Europe with the London Branch of BCFC and CCFC were part of that tour; decent blokes so one has to feel for the long-time real fans? 

Dont like to predict the future but Gas could soon go that way too, though would hardly shed any tears for their lot

On 11/04/2019 at 22:40, Dr Balls said:

The biggest villains throughout this difficult period for Coventry have been the Hedge Fund owners. Their priority was to use the football club to get their hands on the Ricoh Arena. And since Wasps moved in, the chances of that happening has become even more remote. Feel sorry for the fans because they don't deserve this. You also have to wonder exactly how the EFL assesses owners as being "fit and proper" when you see this and what has happened at Charlton, Blackpool and worst of all Leyton Orient.

The people who run the EFL aren't fit and proper imo. Quite why anyone expects them to police the clubs is beyond me. 

On 11/04/2019 at 16:44, Kodjias Wrist said:

Sad state of affairs there. Potentially having to move a second time out of the City must be so frustrating for the fans. 

Well the sags were salivating in joy at the prospect of moving out of Bristol for a second time - pity it all fell through for them and they’re stuck at the tented village ...

20 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

The people who run the EFL aren't fit and proper imo. Quite why anyone expects them to police the clubs is beyond me. 

They're abysmsl aren't there.

Inability to correctly enforce waving through awful owners to name 2.

Still Shaun Harvey on the way out- surely they won't, can't appoint anyone worse??

He had a chequered track record in football so how he got anywhere near Chief Exec of FL is crazy.

Just highlights their many inadequacies however!!

With so many dodgy and incompetent owners about, it's hard to stand out from the crowd, but Sisu really have gone the extra mile to screw things up. During their tenure Coventry have tumbled down the leagues, have become homeless and from next season will have played in 3 grounds. They've alienated and litigated against Wasps, the Council, a charity and left all 3 significantly worse off without anyone, including Sisu, having anything to show for it.

Feel so sorry for their fans.

6 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

With so many dodgy and incompetent owners about, it's hard to stand out from the crowd, but Sisu really have gone the extra mile to screw things up. During their tenure Coventry have tumbled down the leagues, have become homeless and from next season will have played in 3 grounds. They've alienated and litigated against Wasps, the Council, a charity and left all 3 significantly worse off without anyone, including Sisu, having anything to show for it.

Feel so sorry for their fans.

This is all sadly true, though I'm feeling less sympathy for their fans after reading their forum. I know it's a difficult time but most blaming Wasps and being toxic AF which is utter nonsense. I would be protesting against Sisu and the management of the club rather than pointing the finger elsewhere.

I don't think the comments coming from CCFC lately have helped at all either so they should shoulder some responsibility too. At this stage I think a Pheonix club welcomed back to the Ricoh on a good deal which is beneficial to all parties is the best outcome, horrible as it is.

6 minutes ago, Rinkadink said:

This is all sadly true, though I'm feeling less sympathy for their fans after reading their forum. I know it's a difficult time but most blaming Wasps and being toxic AF which is utter nonsense. 

I don't think the comments coming from CCFC lately have helped at all either so they should shoulder some responsibility too. At this stage I think a Pheonix club welcomed back to the Ricoh on a good deal which is beneficial to all parties is the best outcome, horrible as it is.

Yep - I've seen online fans fooled by the Sisu / CCFC propoganda as well. The ones I've met don't seem to have had the wool pulled over their eyes and understand the blame lies entirely with the owners. I think CCFC sings from whatever songsheet Sisu tells it to - it's Sisu that appoint the Chief Exec. (unless you tell me I've misunderstood?)

And I tend to agree at this stage that they should think about re-forming and working their way up. 

Archived