IGNORED

Prediction for villa.

barneyrubble

Following our win and performance against wba i think we are well capable of getting at least a draw against villa.

It was one of the most positive performances I have seen for a long time. Although we conceded a couple of soft goals west brom are prolific scorers.  

The extra days rest will definitely be to our advantage and the red card suspension also.

Also dont think they will have any idea how we will set up after Tuesdays formation and will have to adjust in the game.

Two concerns I have are Tammy is playing and we know his capabilities, hopefully he has a quiet game.

The other is Max s ability to deal with crosses. He has the makings of a good keeper but at the moment seems to struggle to make the right decision and isn't strong enough when in crowded situations. This is not a criticism as this is by far the most difficult aspect of being a keeper and will get easier through experience. 

Can see Lj springing a few more surprises in personnel and shape and fancy us winning 1  2. 

2 minutes ago, Barney red said:

Following our win and performance against wba i think we are well capable of getting at least a draw against villa.

It was one of the most positive performances I have seen for a long time. Although we conceded a couple of soft goals west brom are prolific scorers.  

The extra days rest will definitely be to our advantage and the red card suspension also.

Also dont think they will have any idea how we will set up after Tuesdays formation and will have to adjust in the game.

Two concerns I have are Tammy is playing and we know his capabilities, hopefully he has a quiet game.

The other is Max s ability to deal with crosses. He has the makings of a good keeper but at the moment seems to struggle to make the right decision and isn't strong enough when in crowded situations. This is not a criticism as this is by far the most difficult aspect of being a keeper and will get easier through experience. 

Can see Lj springing a few more surprises in personnel and shape and fancy us winning 1  2. 

It’s a game we could lose heavily, win by the odd goal, or sneak a draw from...! 

Nobody knows which it will be in this, or pretty much any other, game..! 

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

It’s the only away game I’ll go to this season and I’m sure it won’t disappoint. Hoping for end to end all out football with goals to add.

Prediction: 0-0

Hopefully it won't be the only away game, don't forget Wembley!

They looked naff against an abysmal Rotherham. McGinn was the only player that made anything happen, excluding one moment from Grealish. Seemed like a team of 11 great individuals that had the talent to make things happen but would come unstuck against an organised team.

11 minutes ago, Unan said:

They looked naff against an abysmal Rotherham. McGinn was the only player that made anything happen, excluding one moment from Grealish. Seemed like a team of 11 great individuals that had the talent to make things happen but would come unstuck against an organised team.

They've won 7 on the trot - they must be doing something right !

My prediction is a defeat, sadly.

This will be our 5th game in 14 days and I just think away at Villa will be too much for us. 

Just hope the momentum and a sell out away crowd can make the difference on the day.

11 minutes ago, Unan said:

They had 10 men and came from a goal down, to win, against a team fighting for their lives. 

Forget the quality of their performance. That’s the kind of result that you need to get promoted. One that I didn’t think they had in them. 7 straight wins. If you think that they are anything other than very dangerous, then you are setting yourself up for a big fall..!

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

This will be our 5th game in 14 days and I just think away at Villa will be too much for us. 

Just hope the momentum and a sell out away crowd can make the difference on the day.

It has some horrible similarities to that New Year’s Day hammering..! 

Massive test tomorrow! 

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It has some horrible similarities to that New Year’s Day hammering..! 

Massive test tomorrow! 

It may be our 5th game in 14 days. But they played an hour with 10 men on wednesday and we've had an extra days rest. I do think this might show in the last 20 minutes of the game, in our favour.

At least i hope it will  :laugh:

No idea what the result will be, but Mings suspension will be a loss to then.  A lot of pundits creaming over Grealish, but their good run has coincided with Mings building a CB partnership with Wolves loanee Hause and settled full-backs in Elmohamady and Taylor.  Hause was missing (injured?) on Wednesday and Man Utd loanee Tuanzebe came in.  In Hause isn’t fit then Villa will have a new pairing at CB, possibly Hutton or Jedinak will come in, who’s a RB really and a CM respectively.  That is better news for us.

Lets also not forget, we were on a longer winning run than Villa recently too.

Lots to be positive about and I think Villa under pressure too.  

Can see LJ sticking with the 4222 - or what i’m Calling the 4222Hexagaon.  I think he’ll want Webster and Pack shielding Kalas and Baker (against his former club) from Abraham and the inside runs from Grealish and El-Ghazi.

Will be an interesting match-up.

33 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They've won 7 on the trot - they be doing something right !

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They had 10 men and came from a goal down, to win, against a team fighting for their lives. 

Forget the quality of their performance. That’s the kind of result that you need to get promoted. One that I didn’t think they had in them. 7 straight wins. If you think that they are anything other than very dangerous, then you are setting yourself up for a big fall..!

33 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They've won 7 on the trot - they be doing something right !

I’m not saying they aren’t a very good side, they’re in the playoffs for a reason. Just that, like every other team, they are far from perfect

I'm worried about Villa, i think this'll be one of the hardest matches this season. Remember Dean Smiths Brentford last year where in both legs we looked absolutely dire. 

Dean Smith is generally really good at making his opposition look garbage, with his patient approach and quick short passes. Combine that with the quality of players he's managing now compared to Brentford last year, im worried we won't even get a shot on target. 

2-0 villa

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No idea what the result will be, but Mings suspension will be a loss to then.  A lot of pundits creaming over Grealish, but their good run has coincided with Mings building a CB partnership with Wolves loanee Hause and settled full-backs in Elmohamady and Taylor.  Hause was missing (injured?) on Wednesday and Man Utd loanee Tuanzebe came in.  In Hause isn’t fit then Villa will have a new pairing at CB, possibly Hutton or Jedinak will come in, who’s a RB really and a CM respectively.  That is better news for us.

Lets also not forget, we were on a longer winning run than Villa recently too.

Lots to be positive about and I think Villa under pressure too.  

Can see LJ sticking with the 4222 - or what i’m Calling the 4222Hexagaon.  I think he’ll want Webster and Pack shielding Kalas and Baker (against his former club) from Abraham and the inside runs from Grealish and El-Ghazi.

Will be an interesting match-up.

Just seen that James Chester (who I’d forgotten about) has resumed training.

Archived