Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

20 hours ago, pongo88 said:

, but does one swallow make a summer, as they say?

No, but it makes one hell of a night if she's game!

Back to the topic at hand, I'd like to see more of Walsh, but you can't really argue with what the picked squad is doing at the moment.

Little doubt about Walsh's quality imo., and he's is the sort of unusually skilful player I like to watch.

Hope he gets an extended opportunity to show his worth at AG - if not I'm sure he'll make it at Championship level elsewhere.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ashton98 said:

He can pass with both feet and on the run and has a very good range off passing. He’s going to be a real player giving a good run off games 

I think LJ wants Walsh to learn to play in a 2. But for now I don't see why he cant play in a 3. Especially at home where he can so happily take the ball in tight spaces and still move it forward.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Wow. Considering he hasn't played much, how many amazing passes here...

Interesting montage. 

One thing that strikes me about the current squad is their comfort on the ball, bringing it under control quickly with rapid passing and movement.

I don’t ever recall having a City team so technically good .

The intelligence to adapt to different formations is also impressive.

• Like 2

I'd have him in a central 3 when fit and firing- question is how can we justify changing a solid or successful shape.

Definitely good enough though IMO. Is he fully fit- could they be looking to save him a bit for a proper pre-season after injuries to hit the ground running next year?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Adapted from Wikipedia Due to his short stature, Walsh has a lower centre of gravity than taller players, which gives him greater agility, allowing him to change direction more quickly and evade opposing tackles; his has led the English media to dub him "The Atomic Flea"

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Adapted from Wikipedia Due to his short stature, Walsh has a lower centre of gravity than taller players, which gives him greater agility, allowing him to change direction more quickly and evade opposing tackles; his has led the English media to dub him "The Atomic Flea"

:rofl2br:

We all knew this now , didn’t we ?

The huge media coverage given to Walsh makes us instantly refer to him as the «  Atomic Flea «  ! 

• Haha 1

Sat opposite the dugout, it was noticeable that LJ “played” the lads that Walsh should’ve played a number of times. As in mimed it himself with his foot when turning back and discussing with backroom team  

Maybe it was the only when Walsh misplaced a pass I noticed Johnson doing it? He was certainly frustrated (ball boy delays etc). 

3 minutes ago, dereks no1 said:

Some people on this thread are hilarious. Came on and moved the ball well, had a decent long ranged shot first half, few nice crosses and did a job defensively. Was he a amazing? No. But what do you expect from someone who hasn’t played in months and hasn’t had a run of games in a city shirt. 

The kid clearly has ability just needs some experience at this level. 

Agree. Thought he was a bit rusty first half. But was better in second and was a tidy performance. Certainly not sure how that is a bad performance. He moves the ball quickly with either foot. Didn't lose it much, and did his defensive duties well.

• Like 5

Agreed, considering he hasn't played much I thought he had a great game. He tried to inject some pace and width into the game with first time balls to get us on the front foot, much of our good attacking play went through him. The thing I like about him is he's constantly surveying the game and often knows his pass before the ball has arrived at him. Once others get used to playing with him (and if he can stay fit)  I can see him becoming our most valuable midfielder moving forwards, especially if we remain in this division.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Sat opposite the dugout, it was noticeable that LJ “played” the lads that Walsh should’ve played a number of times. As in mimed it himself with his foot when turning back and discussing with backroom team  

Maybe it was the only when Walsh misplaced a pass I noticed Johnson doing it? He was certainly frustrated (ball boy delays etc). 

This surprises me as LJ as a player only knew how to pass sideways ot backwards.

I'll get my tin hat 

Edited by BS3_RED
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH I thought Walsh looked a bit rusty and would have preferred the more game fit Palmer as the sub.

Palmer should have replaced Pack who had a real struggle to get out of first gear today.At least Walsh plays with his head up and is always looking to play forward. Bringing MT on for Weimann was a waste of a sub as we needed a skilful player not someone to just buzz around and be a nuisance.

• Like 1

What I like about the forum is the wide range of options - eg Walsh was either good or awful.  I go with the “awful” option as I though he looked like a very poor version of Neil Kilkenny. A total inability to run, lots of easy passes that didn’t achieve much, combined with a hell of a lot of pointing and telling other players to run. I know he’s been injured for a while, but if a player is in the squad he should be able to move at something more than a walking pace. He would be a luxury player at league 1 level at best, and nowhere near what we need to get promotion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Aubergine 1