IGNORED

Villa pub

ollywhyte

4 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Just arrived, what's best for away fans?

The only away pub is the Witton Arms which is woeful - Especially for 3 or 4 hours.

I would nip on a train either to Birmingham city centre or Aston station to Sutton.  There isn't a great deal around the ground.  If you're happy drinking in a home pub, you may get into the Aston Social or Villa Tavern before the doormen start but you'll have to be quick.

5 minutes ago, The_Don said:

Standard home game Kicks off in the pub at 12, isn’t that most people’s routine? 

The average City attendance is in the region of 20k. The local pub landlords would love 20k people getting into their pubs at 12.00 on a Saturday. The reality is, it doesn’t happen. 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The average City attendance is in the region of 20k. The local pub landlords would love 20k people getting into their pubs at 12.00 on a Saturday. The reality is, it doesn’t happen. 

Cheers statto, it was tongue in cheek but thanks for the analytical breakdown.

8 hours ago, Tommytank1897 said:

Fair play to them but I’ve never seen so many young uns out for it. Half of them shit it but in a few years. 

Was there any trouble? I remember some scummy Villa fan gave me a sidewinder outside the Witton Road end back in ‘77

2 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I'd personally prefer to be in a shit hole where everyone is having a sing and a laugh than be in some gastropub chewing on my prawn sandwich. Each to their own of course 

The Manchester in Blackpool was always a good crack too

57 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I'd personally prefer to be in a shit hole where everyone is having a sing and a laugh than be in some gastropub chewing on my prawn sandwich. Each to their own of course 

Has anyone on the forum actually had a prawn sandwich? 

Archived