IGNORED

Aston Villa v Bristol City Match Day 41

Septic Peg

Just now, Davefevs said:

That’s what I just posted on Twitter.

Villa going a bit 451 by the looks...

41AD3F16-0F29-4C42-9852-1FE673D812EA.thumb.png.e1e3b32ac09f337dcb5467f884fe0941.png

...or 4231, but Hourihane and Whelan holding.

Going to be a very tough match, we struggle when teams overload the midfield and Villa have some amazing talent in the middle, even without Grealish 

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

I reckon we’re going at them hard. Villa have only picked up in defence since Mings arrived and with him/Hause out, they’re back to 34 year old midfielder Jedinak at centre half.

If it goes to plan, we’ll run the arse off him up front

Fancy Eliasson / Dasilva running at Jedinak?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is not the best Villa line-up and should encourage us.

No Hause, Mings or Chester....Jedinak a DM who has no pace, alongside Tuanzebe, who is inexperienced.

Belief!!!

Certainly not going to 0-0

We can take advantage of them defensively, but with that frontline we will have to be at our best 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is not the best Villa line-up and should encourage us.

No Hause, Mings or Chester....Jedinak a DM who has no pace, alongside Tuanzebe, who is inexperienced.

Belief!!!

Shit tier centre half pairing. Probably explains the logic behind the Matty Taylor start.

On a slight tangent (and obviously it may not go to plan) but how refreshing is it for LJ to mix it up several games in a row, but this time instead of the selections last year where he “tombola’d” it because he was overthinking what the opponents may do, he’s coming at it from making them worry about us first and foremost.

That feels like real development to me

10 minutes ago, SoliCyder said:

I think we're a centre back/deep midfielder short for that. Perhaps 4-3-3 with Marlon playing deeper in midfield?

Could well be. One things for sure - it's an adaptable and flexible front 6 that should hopefully be able to react if villa surprise them.

Sorry to curse it but I feel much better about this game based on those line ups. LJ has included plenty of attacking threat and lets face it we'll probably need to score a couple. Hope we can unsettle their makeshift defence.

Afternoon all!   Another tough game, but they are all hard games in the Championship, are they not?   Anyway I fancy us today, hopefully I haven't put the curse on it, it will be another close game, but i think another odd goal win, although a draw would be OK. So COME ON YOU RED'S!

19 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

On a slight tangent (and obviously it may not go to plan) but how refreshing is it for LJ to mix it up several games in a row, but this time instead of the selections last year where he “tombola’d” it because he was overthinking what the opponents may do, he’s coming at it from making them worry about us first and foremost.

That feels like real development to me

Team selection is his own but it's now Yahtzee for the formation.

Archived