IGNORED

Aston Villa v Bristol City Match Day 41

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Well with Villa missing Mings, Hause, Grealish & Kodjia we have an opportunity.. can LJ find the formation to take advantage?

Yahtzee reference was certainly only tongue in cheek. I think it's fantastic he has learned and improved that aspect of his management from last season. Really impressed with the way he has refreshed us since the international break, we looked stale on that bad run and the tactical changes and well executed subs have made a massive difference at a key time in the season.

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Mad line up considering the opposition, what happened last season and the fact a draw would be fine. We have a pattern to our away wins and this aint it but fair bloody play to LJ if it works.

Yes, quite. That's very bold by LJ. With both their defensive linchpin and playmaker out, let's get at 'em. If it doesn't work it will be a bit upsetting, but I'd rather go down chasing glory that hanging on for a point. I'll take a repeat of the WBA game, even if I still haven't quite recovered from that!

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m done trying to guess what team or formation we’re going to field so god knows how Dean Smiths planned...

I’m not the greatest fan of LJ, though I’m open to persuasion, but one of his strengths is being flexible in his team selection. It must be difficult for opposition managers to plan how to play against City, as you never know what formation you will facing 

Archived