IGNORED

Aston Villa v Bristol City Match Day 41

Septic Peg

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bit better care of the ball and this is there for the taking.  El-ghazi left a bit too much 1on1 with Hunt....needs Weimann to not get dragged into Taylor and over-committing.

Brownhill getting through lots of sensible work, giving us good shape.

Fam coming into the game, but not holding it up too well.

Understatement :(

Hopefully he improves in the second half..

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Ref desperate to play a part in villas promotion push, can't see us keeping 11 on the pitch. 

Tempted to put on Palmer for taylor and push weinmann forward & Eros for Hunt

Pisano not in the squad today. Both Hunt and Pack are a risk though so wouldn't be suprised to see one of them off at HT.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Wondering if Hunt might get pulled off 

When LJ suggested this in the dressing room there were no volunteers for the task. :shocking:

According to match stats on BBC, Villa just edging it on possession, which slightly surprises me, but on what I’ve seen so far City definitely playing the better football. It will come down to who takes their chances second half. Matty’s miss was a bad one and Weimann was yet again unlucky to be on the wrong end of a very tight call. If it continues like this and there’s any justice, we should come away with at least a point.

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Decent first half, could easily be 2-2. 

No idea if the goal was offside or not, but with Trevor kettle as the fourth official I wouldn’t be surprised if he told the linesman to put his flag up...

Need to keep going, their defence is there to be got at

If it was offside it was marginal, only seen one replay and difficult to tell. Have to agree with others that a red could be shown today. 

Archived