Septic Peg

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Main reflections at half time:

How did Taylor not score?

How did Uncle Albert not score?

Great save from Max

This game has got goals in it

Afraid we may see a red card or two in the second half 

LJ needs to earn his keep now with a brilliant half time team talk to settle things down and then make some clever substitutions

Main reflections at the final whistle:

Very soft penalty decision

Max was my man of the match, he kept us in it with a string of great saves

Overall Villa deserved to win and could have done so more comfortably

Relieved we didn’t get any red cards 

Poor refereeing throughout

Onto Reading 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I know LJ can't get it right every time but this was always a bad starting line up away from home against in form side. Taylor should not have played. Well done Max. Even villa fans clapping his performance.

I disagree. I thought he got it spot on. Had it not of been a terrible performance by the ref then we would all be praising LJ as we would have at least got a point.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I know LJ can't get it right every time but this was always a bad starting line up away from home against in form side. Taylor should not have played. Well done Max. Even villa fans clapping his performance.

First 35 mins we were by far the most composed team. The penalty changed everything. Really really disappointing. Can’t do much when you can’t get a decision and a ref wanting to book most of the bench.

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Looking at the next games, Derby have a tough away trip to Birmingham, and Middlesborough have Stoke, not a forgone conclusion that Derby and Middlesborough will win, and I think they would both take our home game with Reading instead!

I wouldn't disagree; but we need to improve at home against poor teams (Reading), or we could easily miss out.

Have three Villa supports at work. On Monday do I magnanimously accept defeat to probably the better team or rant about they were lucky barstewards and it was all due to the money they paid the ref. Not sure yet which way to turn.

I hope we report this - not that it will do any good.

Very frustrating game to watch. Shockingly bad ref being the difference between the two teams in the end. City didn’t click like they can but villa did caused us problems and looked good going forward. Max easily our MOM tells its own story I guess.

Wow, just…..wow.  That ref was the Villa 12th man. I've watched footie for  nearly 60 years and today's custodian of the whistle is the most suspect I've ever had the misfortune to see.  Fair play, he was consistent.  Villa lad goes down?  Free kick every time.  City player gets knocked through the middle of his back or ankles clipped……… horse on Villa.  BENT, BENT, BENT.  No ref can be that poor without being weighed down by a brown envelope.  Frustrating as hell, but they're a BIG team and we're just 'Bristol'.

1 minute ago, Reigate Red said:

Have three Villa supports at work. On Monday do I magnanimously accept defeat to probably the better team or rant about they were lucky barstewards and it was all due to the money they paid the ref. Not sure yet which way to turn.

I hope we report this - not that it will do any good.

if they try to shake your hand or try any slight contact, fall to the ground immediately

Archived