IGNORED

Aston Villa v Bristol City Match Day 41

Septic Peg

Managed to watch the game on ifollow and I can't see that the penalty was justified tbh. When the ref celebrated with the Villa players I knew it wasn't going to be our day.

That said, Villa had the lions share of chances and Max made a fair few good saves but the referee was very much a homer.

Great finish by Fammy by the way.

34 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We have the fourth best defensive record in the division, despite having sold arguably our best CB in the summer and while working with a mid-table budget.

If you can’t handle the fact that sometimes the other team scores goals, maybe football isn’t for you.

That's an interesting way of looking at it: in four out of the last five games, the opposition has scored two goals. But hey, that's because 'sometimes the other team scores goals'. I would argue it's because something is not quite right with our defence at the moment. 

even villa fans can't believe how much favor they were getting from the ref

comments like

Tbf that penalty was soft as shit and gave us some momentum. I would be livid if we got that one against us 

To be fair, our most favourable referee of the season

Think Weimann was potentially unlucky to have his goal disallowed (looked tight?) and that was never a pen at all :crylaugh:

They are dirty bastards but that wasn’t a pen

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Fans clapping Tammy off the pitch. He just scored against us & was a huge part of us losing. And we are giving him a standing ovation.  Discuss. 

very strange, like coming home early finding the postman in bed with your Mrs and giving him a round of applause.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Insanely frustrating game, we played well but ultimately that penalty decision cost us points.

Not only the pen but the ref who showed more yellow than a  Dutch daffodil field . 

Our key players , Hunt , Pack and Taylor had to be careful to avoid tulip red . 

That said I’m sure we can Gouda distance. 

Think that LJ failed to combat Villa's 4-4-2-1 formation!

In other news,  Scott Duncan is the Chairman of the panel looking into Villa's ffp figures.

6 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Wow, just…..wow.  That ref was the Villa 12th man. I've watched footie for  nearly 60 years and today's custodian of the whistle is the most suspect I've ever had the misfortune to see.  Fair play, he was consistent.  Villa lad goes down?  Free kick every time.  City player gets knocked through the middle of his back or ankles clipped……… horse on Villa.  BENT, BENT, BENT.  No ref can be that poor without being weighed down by a brown envelope.  Frustrating as hell, but they're a BIG team and we're just 'Bristol'.

If we'd had refs "supporting" us like this, we would still be on our winning run and challenging for an auto promotion spot!

If that penalty establishes a benchmark, then I look forward to the amount of free kicks and penalties that Famara will win and the number of yellow and red cards that opposition defenders will    have to be given for similar offences.

10 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Looking at the next games, Derby have a tough away trip to Birmingham, and Middlesborough have Stoke, not a forgone conclusion that Derby and Middlesborough will win, and I think they would both take our home game with Reading instead!

Our problem will be the expectation that we will beat Reading and that will be no formality 

3 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Referee should be fined for his display 

Sod's law, his "reward" will to be given our game against Frank Lampard's Derby!

watching a stream of the game oleary was our man of match villa created loads of chances the penalty looked disgusting  fammys was a good finish here comes the madness of an easter weekend if we win friday we go to sheffield wednesday in the play offs

All I can say about that is, we were well and truly shafted by the officials today, to me it was bordering match fixing, the Ref was THAT bad! 2 of the SEVEN yellows our players received not including the other 2 for Macca and Holden were deserved but the rest were a joke, McGinn should of got another yellow in the 1st half but shock horror the Ref wasn’t at all interested, their time wasting went totally unpunished, kicking the ball away again not interested, not because it was City and me being biased but that was the most one sided Reffereing performance I have ever witnessed.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Villa fans raving about O'Leary.

They reckon he'll get pinched by a bigger club in the summer.

We can be immensely  proud of Max but some of his worldies Maenpaa wouldn’t need to make . 

The lad is very much a work in progress and needs to come out more for crosses .

A big well done to MOL though . Keep it going.

Archived